Meal Times on Explorer

Christine4

I saw this article some time ago and wonder if is up to date.

EXPLORER & SPLENDOR

Breakfast (times dependent on port arrival time but generally open from 6am): 

• Pool Grill - Fitness Breakfast
  • Compass Rose - waiter service; full hot & cold menu 
  • La Veranda - extensive hot & cold buffet plus egg station for cooked to order (a sample menu is on the Regent website)
  • Room Service - may be ordered the night before by filling out a breakfast card & hanging outside suite door. Served in the room or on the balcony with full set-up including table linen
  • Coffee Connection - fruit, cereal, cold cuts etc

On Sundays there is the added option of caviar & champagne in Compass Rose and La Veranda

Lunch (times vary) (Sample lunch menus for some venues are available on the Regent website😞

• Pool Grill - Daily specials plus burgers, hot-dogs, salads etc 
  • Specialty restaurants - on sea days both Prime 7 & Chartreuse are open with lunch menus. On port days one or other will be open for lunch - no reservations are required for lunch - Pacific Rim does not open for lunch
  • La Veranda - extensive hot & cold buffet plus pizza station 
  • Compass Rose - this restaurant does not open for lunch on Explorer or Splendor; apart from when there is a Sunday at sea, when an extravagant & extensive Sunday Brunch will be staged.

Note: on embarkation day only the Pool Grill & La Veranda are open for lunch

Dinner (6:30pm - 9:30pm) (sample dinner menus are available for all venues on the Regent website😞

• Compass Rose - open seating - daily specials plus extensive “always available” menu 
  • Sette Mari at La Veranda - "Italian" cuisine - part waiter service, part buffet 
  • Pool Grill - casual dining (the only venue where the evening dress code does not apply)
  • Chartreuse - reservations required - “French” cuisine
  • Pacific Rim - reservations required - “Asian & Pan-Asian” cuisine
  • Prime 7 - reservations required - American Steakhouse
  • Room Service - during restaurant dinner hours, dishes from the Compass Rose menu may be ordered for service in your suite

Those look about right but after almost a dozen Regent cruises I couldn't tell you exactly.  Know why?  I've never had a problem finding something to eat while on board.  😄

Seems like the biggest challenge is usually lunch if you're on a port-intensive itinerary.  And we eat dinner early, usually, so no worries there.  And there's always room service if you don't feel like going out.

Plenty of options.

In my experience on the ships in general, the breakfast times for all those venues are staggered--they don't all open at 6 a.m.  Compass Rose and La Veranda probably 7 or 7:30 depending on the port schedule, pool and Coffee Connection are the early ones.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

• Sette Mari at La Veranda - "Italian" cuisine - part waiter service, part buffet

Sette Mari is better described as full waiter service with a buffet available for some extra appetizers, salads & desserts.   Its a very nice Italian venue for dinner.  You can also order appetizers & dessert from the menu.  There are no reservations, if your ship is full (or close) you'll need to get there when it opens to get a table.  Its too late for us but I think there is a second seating around 8 when people leave.

I've found the buffet (salad bar) at the pool grill lunch to be very disappointing.  Burgers & hot dogs are excellent.

If you have an excursion than runs past lunch there is always many things available at the coffee connection.  They often serve soup & finger sandwiches when the excursion returns, nice touch. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

In my experience on the ships in general, the breakfast times for all those venues are staggered--they don't all open at 6 a.m.  Compass Rose and La Veranda probably 7 or 7:30 depending on the port schedule, pool and Coffee Connection are the early ones.

Are there breakfast options before 6 am?  We usually eat earlier, as DH gets up to work out and I walk, then we are ready to eat.  It has been our experience that we are usually ready before 6 am!  (But we are about to be on a TA, so maybe our internal clocks will be off enough....)

Room  Service is, technically,  available 24/7.  We have never ordered anything for after 10:00pm, or before 7:00am delivery to Suite.   So--leave this to others with specific experience.  

GOARMY!

11 hours ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

Are there breakfast options before 6 am?  We usually eat earlier, as DH gets up to work out and I walk, then we are ready to eat.  It has been our experience that we are usually ready before 6 am!  (But we are about to be on a TA, so maybe our internal clocks will be off enough....)

you would have to order room service.  You can get coffee and tea at the coffee connection before 6 am and they may have some pastries set out, but not much.   

On 10/19/2021 at 9:55 PM, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

As others have indicated, the Pool Grill is your best option, kind of set up for the early exercise crowd.  But even that doesn't really open until 6:30 I believe.

Another example of Regent "service" outside the normal prescribed timelines:

Disembarkation from Explorer at Venice back in mid-2017.  Around 12 passengers had scheduled very-early flights from da Vinci Airport.  Ours was at 0730H.  Regent had a nice, complete buffet breakfast available at Coffee Connection for from 0415-0445H.

Nice way to end our trip.  No stress.  Then, van ride to Airport.    

GOARMY!