Online/App Check in

RhondaC

My app says check in begins tomorrow. Does that mean it will be available at midnight tonight?  Or does it usually open up in the morning?  

And will checking in as early as possible give me an earlier embarkation time?

Thanks!

I don't know that answer but, personally, I would not stay up after midnight just to "possibly" get an earlier check-in time. Everyone must be off the ship by 10:00 a.m. for the next group to board, which has (since Covid) usually been around noon or 1pm. With around 50% capacity, the wait times won't be too far apart anyway. Just my opinion. Cheers!

4 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

I don't know that answer but, personally, I would not stay up after midnight just to "possibly" get an earlier check-in time. Everyone must be off the ship by 10:00 a.m. for the next group to board, which has (since Covid) usually been around noon or 1pm. With around 50% capacity, the wait times won't be too far apart anyway. Just my opinion. Cheers!

I’ve heard of people getting a 4:00 boarding time and I don’t want that to happen. Lol

3 minutes ago, RhondaC said:

I’ve heard of people getting a 4:00 boarding time and I don’t want that to happen. Lol

On our Allure cruise just a couple of weeks ago, some were given the 4pm time slot but, closer to boarding day, new earlier slots opened up and they were able to get noon to 1pm. Not sure why. If you do get a later time slot, keep checking for earlier times to open up!

I checked in the day it opened up but later in the afternoon and was able to get a noon time slot.

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Like 1

My Anthem of the Seas 12/05/2021 cruise “re-opened” check-in today, which is 45 days before sailing. A member of our Roll Call indicated that they had used the app and checked in just after midnight, whereas I woke up at 430am and the data that had previously been uploaded (from the last time check-in opened, and then closed) was already there (just repopulated?). They got a 1230p-1p check-in time, and my previously selected time of NOON was still there. 

😁

Edited by matt1

8 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

Do they enforce the check time slot now? Before the pandemic, it is more like "first come first serve".

When we went on Allure last September, yes, they checked your time slot but a few times, say from noon to 1pm, were able to board at the same time. Not sure, but if you have a much later time, such as 4pm, they may make you wait a bit. It's all iffy though.

13 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

Do they enforce the check time slot now? Before the pandemic, it is more like "first come first serve".

They are definitely making people wait - so I wouldn't suggest showing up two hours early.   They're trying to manage numbers in the terminal for covid safety reasons, so are unlikely to be as forgiving as in the past.    But - the suggestion seems to be to keep checking your time as your sailing date approaches and you'll likely get an earlier time.

When we boarded in Seattle in August they had different queues for different time slots.  If you arrived early you sent to your time slots waiting queue.  If the line cleared early they next waiting group were allowed in. We actually ended up being a few minutes after our checkin time and they sent us strait through. It appeared they were running about 30 minutes ahead of time when we got there but there is no guarantee you would get on early.

1 hour ago, RhondaC said:

My app says check in begins tomorrow. Does that mean it will be available at midnight tonight?  Or does it usually open up in the morning?  

And will checking in as early as possible give me an earlier embarkation time?

Thanks!

If you decide to stay up and check in at 12:01, let us know if it works.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, flamingos said:

I checked in at 12 midnight Eastern today for my 12/5 cruise.  I'd previously checked in back in September  and that information all transferred but I was able to switch my boarding time earlier in the day..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, flamingos said:

It does.....My Allure check-in was today. I happened to be up last night....tried at 11:55pm...no good...tried again at 12:05AM and could check in. 11-11:30AM slot was available

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 1

I think you will be safe checking in first thing in the morning. 

Case in point: today, check-in opened back up for Oasis, 12/5 sailing. I finally remembered at about 8 am and went into the app to get a time earlier than the 1 pm we already had before they closed check-in after changing final pmt date. Snatched up 12 noon. Yes!  Went back in at lunchtime, and lo and behold, 11:30 was available. Snatched it up for me, and seconds later tried to get my husband the same time, but only 12:30 was available as an alternate to his 12:00 time. 😂 

I will try to get him on at 11:30 with me, but worst case scenario, I will wait to go in just before noon so we can board together.

That, or he can meet me in a bar. 😁 That works too. 🤓

• Haha 1