St. Martin departure

cabosal1

Good news: it looks like St. Martin will be no longer be requiring Covid pre-testing for FULLY VACCINATED visitors as of Nov.1st.  We cruised out of St. Martin in June and the Covid testing was anxiety-inducing: which test? 72 or 48 hours? PCR or quicky test? Test results time? How to transmit results to SXM? Hopefully this is the start of the loosening of restrictions in the Caribbean as their tourism high-season begins. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

If you are fully vaccinated you will not need to do the Covid test to enter SXM.  You will need your vaccination card.  You will also need to fill out an EHAS form that you get from the St. Martin government website.  This you fill out online, send them and await their approval.  (My husband's came within an hour, mine took about 6 ). Print out a copy of this as it is required for admittance to SXM. (I also kept photos of all these on my phone).  

On entry you may have to buy insurance as you are staying (even though only one day), but the price I hear is about $15 now (We paid $30 in June).  Once on island you may have to monitor your temps, daily, but I think you only call them with that info. Easy peasy. 

We saw little in the way of masking, social distancing, etc. on the Dutch side (Phillipsburg, Maho Beach). Bars, restaurants, shops were all open and welcoming for visitors.  I understand that the French side is more restrictive. 

Of course, these are the current requirements.  Situation still very fluid. Hope this helps. 

One thing of interest with St Martin; you have to have a booster if your last vax is more than a year old.  

We are scheduled for a round trip from St. Martin late Feb/ early March next year, but have recently had our booster shots, so we will be OK.

Edited by DWhit

8 hours ago, laurelguy said:

Interesting about the booster equirement. Getting mine next week. Looking forward to SD in December!

Hope you have a great trip!

Today Pam and I got our Covid test/results and have submitted everything on the US Virgin Islands Travel Portal.  We are heading to St. Thomas early Friday morning.  We will be on SD 2 this trip, then SD 1 for the St Martin round trip next year.

20 hours ago, laurelguy said:

Interesting about the booster equirement. Getting mine next week. Looking forward to SD in December!

This does add an extra layer of things to look out for in trip planning.  Hubby and I are headed to Israel in January, and it cannot be more than 6 months since our last shot (either fully vaccinated not more than 6 months ago, or booster not more than 6 months ago) for us to enter. Good news for us is that he had his booster last month, and mine is scheduled for today, so we will be fine, but I can see this causing an issue for some travelers. I imagine some other countries will implement similar requirements.