What Are Your Favorite Cordials or Liquor's you Enjoy on a Sailing?......

BklynBoy8

Hi All and Happy Future Bon Voyages Sailings! I don't think I posted this questions in the past.

I personal like a After Dinner or Liquor either in a lounge or during Show Time.. Not into those in hot coffee.

I personally enjoy Harvey's Bristol Sherry, Christian Brothers, Sherry, Sambuca w expresso bean added warmed, Frangelico and an oldie but goodie Creme De Menthe......

4 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Amaretto di Disaronno, green Creme de Menthe, Limoncello are my preferred after dinner drinks.  Chococo when I am in a Caribbean frame of mind is good.  (And, I don't have much of that bottle left.)  

Rka,

Not really a Almond Liquor kind of guy. 

I have an Italian Family near by the makes their own Limoncello at home. WOW the strength they make. Pardon the expression, you wind up on your backside. The level alcohol they use really literally hit the spot! You know it extra good when you feel a slight feeling behind the eyeballs. WOW!

• Haha 1

Hi guys😀 I  have to say, Frangelico is probably my favorite. I got home last week from a cruise out of Lisbon and drank quite a bit of it in the evenings🙂.  I also enjoy Bailey's and Amaretto.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

I have all sorts of after dinner treats.  Ruby port, Spanish sherries, dessert wines, Sauternes and an array of special liqueurs…not to mention special coffees.

CGT,

A good one is always a nice way to end a proper meal.

I don't like to a harsh or heavy alcohol based treat. Simple and sweet.

On 10/29/2021 at 11:34 AM, skeeter195 said:

Grand Marnier is my go to.  

It's been awhile since I have had a bottle of that.  But, I agree.  Something different is good some evenings.  

On 10/28/2021 at 10:19 PM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Ruby port, Spanish sherries

I have tried these and have just not found them to my taste.  

On 10/28/2021 at 1:07 AM, BklynBoy8 said:

I have an Italian Family near by the makes their own Limoncello at home. WOW the strength they make

When I sailed on MSC Meraviglia, the YC Top Sail Lounge bartender served me a Limoncello.  One was quite enough!  

Prior to the pandemic, Royal offered Cognac in the Diamond Lounge as one of the included spirits, and I'm sure it was rarely requested, but I would often ask for a snifter to save for after dinner. It usually was a decent brand, too, unlike the more popular vodka/whiskey offerings. Assuming that by the time we get around to cruising again they are still using the preloaded free drinks for Diamond members, I would have access to a much broader variety of after-dinner sips. Benedictine is a favorite of mine, as well as Drambuie. But I also like a glass of port after a meal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

My favorite "last drink for the day and before bedtime" remains a Green Creme de Menthe on the rocks.  

Rka,

Interesting...... I don't mine peppermint tea before bedtime.

I get a kick the way my GI Guy tells me that peppermint or mint attracts the production of acid during the night and be careful. Maybe not to all and depends on the individual themselves. As said in the past. Sambuca or Frangelico during the early show but something HOT before turning in. 

13 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

My favorite "last drink for the day and before bedtime" remains a Green Creme de Menthe on the rocks.  

Good morning.........your post made me smile.  When I was a kid I remember my Dad enjoying that green Creme de Menthe🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

but something HOT before turning in.

A cup of Chamomile Tea before bedtime often is a welcome beverage for me.  

8 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning.........your post made me smile.  When I was a kid I remember my Dad enjoying that green Creme de Menthe🙂

I find it interesting in remembering what my parents enjoyed drinking.  A Brandy Alexander was my Father's favorite and if it was made with ice cream it was even more enjoyable for him.  Mother seemed to prefer rum based drinks.  Often when we sailed, she would order a Bacardi Cocktail or a Daiquiri.  Neither were beer drinkers, but, on the few times that we attended a Reds game at Riverfront Stadium, they had cups of beer to drink along with those in-the-shell peanuts!  

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

A cup of Chamomile Tea before bedtime often is a welcome beverage for me.  

I find it interesting in remembering what my parents enjoyed drinking.  A Brandy Alexander was my Father's favorite and if it was made with ice cream it was even more enjoyable for him.  Mother seemed to prefer rum based drinks.  Often when we sailed, she would order a Bacardi Cocktail or a Daiquiri.  Neither were beer drinkers, but, on the few times that we attended a Reds game at Riverfront Stadium, they had cups of beer to drink along with those in-the-shell peanuts!  

Rka,

Ha...Chamomile Tea..... know it well. In our Italian neighborhood we get the real Chamomile on the branches not the bags. And you steep it like the English loose tea. The beautiful yellow golden color of the liquid so sweet of the fragrance. We like to add homemade local honey to sweet.

I agree the way we remember the old drinks they had. Mom was the BA and Dad Rob Roy, Manhattan, Highball I like to make for memory sake. I use to get jealous when Dad said he too had a Roy Rogers w a cherry. Of course us kids liked Roy Rogers or Shirley Temples growing up.