El Cid or Del Mar all inclusive

Damikaan

I am trying to decide between El Cid and Del Mar Latina Beach Club. Does anyone have a photo of the menu or remember what kind of food options are available on at El Cid Resort? Any other comments or opinions on these 2 options? Thanks!

17 hours ago, Damikaan said:

I am trying to decide between El Cid and Del Mar Latina Beach Club. Does anyone have a photo of the menu or remember what kind of food options are available on at El Cid Resort? Any other comments or opinions on these 2 options? Thanks!

It has been several years since we went to El Cid and they had different “pass” options.

Once they tried to steer us towards the buffet but we were able to use the food and beverage credit towards the menu. We had done PAYG previously and the “menu” seemed much nicer - the buffet was very basic.

If you are an all-adult party we prefer Del Mar now. It has always been very quiet and relaxing when we have visited off a  cruise ship. IF they ever reached capacity loungers and shade could be a problem but we have never encountered that so far. I think restricting children and the fact it is little known helps with that. We have also visited on a Sunday (land visit) - still enjoyable but totally different atmosphere with children and musical entertainment.

The  current AI promotional offer  certainly makes it good value presently and we are booked again for November.

ElCid is bigger than Del Mar. When we want something bigger or have kids with us I prefer Park Royal but that is usually more expensive.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, UniPac said:

I am also researching Beach Club options for our Cozumel visit. May I ask why Mr Sanchos, Paradise Beach or Nachi Cocum are not on your list?

Probably wanting the convenience of no transport time and cost if docking at International or Puerta Maya.

Del Mar and El Cid are a totally different experience to the three you mention with regards size and amenities.

Edited by c-leg5

8 hours ago, UniPac said:

I am also researching Beach Club options for our Cozumel visit. May I ask why Mr Sanchos, Paradise Beach or Nachi Cocum are not on your list?

3 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Probably wanting the convenience of no transport time and cost if docking at International or Puerta Maya.

Del Mar and El Cid are a totally different experience to the three you mention with regards size and amenities.

Yes,  I just want a place close to port so we can walk there. I am definitely leaning towards Del Mar, it is nice that they have their menus on their website. The El Cid resort looks really nice but for unlimited food it is quite a bit more expensive than Del Mar and I really haven't been able to see their food options.  I saw a youtube video about El Cid and the people were eating burgers, I would definitely prefer some Mexican food or seafood. 

• Like 1

I haven't been to Del Mar, but have been to El Cid several times and enjoy their large hot tub! We get the basic $22 pass which includes $12 for food and drink (at least that's what it was precovid). We usually just get margaritas and guac, which is very good.

We are headed to El Cid in a couple of weeks as we just wanted a spot to chill after a snorkel excursion.  We dont really care about the beach that much as we prefer the rocky entrances (better for snorkeling!).  How are the drinks and food?  We like margaritas and salsa/guacamole after snorkeling.

11 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

We are headed to El Cid in a couple of weeks as we just wanted a spot to chill after a snorkel excursion.  We dont really care about the beach that much as we prefer the rocky entrances (better for snorkeling!).  How are the drinks and food?  We like margaritas and salsa/guacamole after snorkeling.

Drinks and food are fine for a couple of hours, although its been a few years. We have done PAYG or minimum day pass ($20 including $12food and drink credit if we wanted wi-fi).

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2021 at 10:43 AM, Damikaan said:

How does tipping work at an all-inclusive place like Del Mar? Do you tip every time you get a new food or drink item or do you tip at the end of the day?

Please share your experience at the Del-Mar! Since it's all-inclusive, can you order several food items? Were the food/drinks good? How did you tip...per drink or at end of your day? We are thinking this may be a fun inexpensive day in Cozumel!! Thanks!!

1 hour ago, thymcruisers said:

Please share your experience at the Del-Mar! Since it's all-inclusive, can you order several food items? Were the food/drinks good? How did you tip...per drink or at end of your day? We are thinking this may be a fun inexpensive day in Cozumel!! Thanks!!

The menus for hot and cold snacks are listed on the website and are unlimited - think, small plates. We have sampled many over several visits and whilst food is subjective, we have found them to be good overall. We tend to snack throughout the day so I am not sure that we have ever had burgers or hot dogs there. Unlimited drinks cocktails, beer and water. At $29 it is an absolute steel at the moment, especially with no transport costs from International or Puerta Maya.

It makes for a very relaxing day. Do not expect any activities or sandy beach. There is a rocky entrance to the ocean for snorkeling, which can be calm or very rough. There is a small pool. There are limited loungers but  it has never been a problem so far. We really enjoy the relaxing atmosphere and good service. I want them to be successful but sometimes the numbers are so low I wonder how they survive. However they have been operational now for a few years now. We started  going soon after they opened, last went in June and will return  at the end of this month.

We tip at the end of the day.

Happy to answer any specific questions.

Edited by c-leg5

At El Cid right now.  Service is excellent.  Too rough to snorkel.  Food and drink outstanding.  I highly recommend if you just want a spot to relax with good food and drink.  My husband went out to snorkel with the airplane wreck and over to the demolished pier and said it was decent.

20211115_133649.jpg

20211115_133615.jpg

20211115_133600.jpg

20211115_133533.jpg

20211115_133527.jpg

20211115_133520.jpg

5 hours ago, prish said:

Thanks for the update jean87510! What kind of a pass did you get, how much was it and for how long? Or was it PAYG? would appreciate your comments as we'll be in Cozumel in December, thanks 🙂

+1

We emailed quite a while ago but haven't received a response.  Would love to know this info.

On 11/16/2021 at 5:15 AM, prish said:

Thanks for the update jean87510! What kind of a pass did you get, how much was it and for how long? Or was it PAYG? would appreciate your comments as we'll be in Cozumel in December, thanks 🙂

see my post above this one re where to get pass.  It says 6 hrs but we were there 9 to 430 without issue.  I think our price pp was $45.  Really chill atmosphere with a lot of divers and frequent cozumel visitors as well as ship staff.  This is not a Nachi Cocom place or Mr. sanchos.  It caters to divers and snorkelers.

15 hours ago, Cuckoo7 said:

Thanks jeans87510!

Do you by chance know whether they still have a PAYG option?  

Cuckoo7, please check the other active thread Del Mar Beach Club. The place looks much better and has a $29 promotion on the day pass. You can book online paying a small deposit, balance on arrival.

Food, drink and facilities are said to be good, definitely sounds interesting...

jean87510, thanks for getting back, hope you enjoyed your cruise 🙂

Edited by prish
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, prish said:

Cuckoo7, please check the other active thread Del Mar Beach Club. The place looks much better and has a $29 promotion on the day pass. You can book online paying a small deposit, balance on arrival.

Food, drink and facilities are said to be good, definitely sounds interesting...

jean87510, thanks for getting back, hope you enjoyed your cruise 🙂

Thanks prish!  My understanding is Del Mar is adults only, though.  We have a 14 year old in the group.

11 minutes ago, Cuckoo7 said:

Thanks prish!  My understanding is Del Mar is adults only, though.  We have a 14 year old in the group.

Correct, although I have seen children stay on on a Sunday after brunch.

Not really much for a 14 year old to do.

have you considered PAYG at Paradise Beach?

Edited by c-leg5

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

Correct, although I have seen children stay on on a Sunday after brunch.

Not really much for a 14 year old to do.

have you considered PAYG at Paradise Beach?

Yep, that's what we did last time we were there and had a really good time.  We were just looking for something different, but wouldn't be upset at all going back to Paradise.  

We called and can confirm what was posted above about El Cid on the PAYG option; however, we were quoted a price of $25, and she said it included an hour rental of snorkeling gear, along with the food/drink voucher.  She said sometimes the people "down there" (I'm assuming she meant the gate/entrance) will tell you there's only all-inclusive, but just to tell them you already spoke with someone in hospitality.