Vaccination Card Presentation

roger001

I would definitely bring the physical card to be safe. I bought some of these passport covers to keep my passport and CDC card together. The card fits perfectly in the little pocket on the back sleeve.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VF53P8C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 5

From the NCL website:

Norwegian Cruise Line | Sail Safe | Health & Safety Protocols (ncl.com)

"What documents will be required to show to show proof of vaccination and when do I provide them?"

"Guest must acknowledge vaccination status prior to their sailing and bring proof of vaccination to the terminal for their cruise. Preferred proof form is the original vaccination record document issued by either the country's health authority that administered the vaccination or the guest's medical provider that completed the vaccine administration, however, photo of vaccination record document will also be accepted. Electronic vaccination records will be accepted for residents of countries where electronic documentation is the standard issued form. Confirmation email of vaccination appointment will not be accepted. Communication regarding proof of vaccination submission will be sent to all booked guests in the 30 days prior to setting sail."

Personally, I would always bring my original document/card to anyone who might be asking for my vaccination proof.  The images of the card that I have on my phone are for backup purposes only.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I bought this passport holder with the clear plastic Covid card holder on Amazon.  Now I can't lose both important documents at the same time.  😁

https://www.amazon.com/Passport-Wallets-Vaccine-Accessories-Protector/dp/B09DPTBV3Z/ref=sr_1_35?crid=DP88M7LHVTBF&dchild=1&keywords=passport+and+vaccine+card+holder+combo&qid=1635362537&sprefix=passport%2Caps%2C98&sr=8-35

Since NCL’s written statement says the following:  “…Electronic vaccination records will be accepted for residents of countries where electronic documentation is the standard issued form...”. I wonder if sailings of the Breakaway out of NYC will except the NY excelsior pass which is New York State’s electronic  vaccine record system.

I recommend getting one of the newer holders/pouches with RFID shielding or protection ... something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Doulove-Passport-Vaccine-Holder-Leather/dp/B09BCQZ4X3/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=passport+holder+rfid+blocking&qid=1635364806&sr=8-9

FYI on a side note:  there is a good chance that the border control officer(s) for certain countries will ask that the passport or equivalent travel document be taken out of these carrying case/pouches, etc. for their inspection purposes. 

Interested comments about NCL not taking the digital proof as shown on the Passes with NYC departures ... For those using and/or familiar with NYS's Excelsior Pass, there is also the enhanced "Excelsior Pass Plus" version with additional details about the vaccines administered ... and, it has no expiration date on it, unlike the (basic) Pass.  We've used our EPP upon request to gain indoor venue admittance without hassles - typically a quick glance and not necessary carefully matched against another valid ID's with photos.  It is recognized form of proof and accepted elsewhere within the State of N.Y.  

58 minutes ago, Married90 said:

Since NCL’s written statement says the following:  “…Electronic vaccination records will be accepted for residents of countries where electronic documentation is the standard issued form...”. I wonder if sailings of the Breakaway out of NYC will except the NY excelsior pass which is New York State’s electronic  vaccine record system.

Our country is the USA, not New York, and in our country electronic documentation is not the "standard issued form", the CDC vaccination card is...even in NY by the way. 

1 hour ago, Oakman58 said:

I bought this passport holder with the clear plastic Covid card holder on Amazon.  Now I can't lose both important documents at the same time.  😁

https://www.amazon.com/Passport-Wallets-Vaccine-Accessories-Protector/dp/B09DPTBV3Z/ref=sr_1_35?crid=DP88M7LHVTBF&dchild=1&keywords=passport+and+vaccine+card+holder+combo&qid=1635362537&sprefix=passport%2Caps%2C98&sr=8-35

You have to love Amazon's complete absence of control over how vendors advertise their merchandise on the site .🥴 From various parts of the ad for this passport case:

Headline description: "Leather Passport Case Protector with Vaccine Card Slot"

Material : "Faux Leather"

About this item: "Made from High quality leather and plastic"

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Our country is the USA, not New York, and in our country electronic documentation is not the "standard issued form", the CDC vaccination card is...even in NY by the way. 

Yep, And if our country would pull their head out of their @$$ maybe something might get done.    Most countries outside the US will take the excelsior pass plus as valid proof and NY mandates, I believe, that excelsior be accepted proof within NY.   So...    How can a ship in NY not accept it?   As a matter of fact many countries requiring testing to entry require a QR code on the form which MOST labs in the US will not supply but if you print out your proof from the excelsior pass you get a QR code that they will accept.     GO figure...   

58 minutes ago, Married90 said:

Yep, And if our country would pull their head out of their @$$ maybe something might get done.    Most countries outside the US will take the excelsior pass plus as valid proof and NY mandates, I believe, that excelsior be accepted proof within NY.   So...    How can a ship in NY not accept it?   As a matter of fact many countries requiring testing to entry require a QR code on the form which MOST labs in the US will not supply but if you print out your proof from the excelsior pass you get a QR code that they will accept.     GO figure...   

The "ship in NY" is sailing under federal control and CDC guidelines, not NY State guidelines, which may be why it will not accept it.

6 hours ago, roger001 said:

Has anyone who has now cruised again determined if a photograph of your vaccination card on your iPhone will meet NCL's requirement to show proof of vaccination?  

So,,, While the policy states that they will accept a photo, why risk that the minimum wage local shore agent (I.e., not a NCL employee) decides

that the photo doesn’t meet their standard to verify validity (since it comes down to their evaluation to make that determination). Bring your vaccine card. Beep it safe in your hand carry bag. Use your photo. Then you have a back up.