Tell me this isn't a Royal Caribbean Ship is it?

Jimbo

Found the picture somewhere, think it was priceline. Just have never seen a waterslide on a Royal Caribbean ship.

Don't like it, rather just see that on a Water Park  or at Coco Cay.

Just doesn't belong on a cruise ship IMHO.

Anyone agree with me?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Found the picture somewhere, think it was priceline. Just have never seen a waterslide on a Royal Caribbean ship.

Anyone agree with me?

Then you need to choose a different cruise line. RCI has decided that this is what their customers want.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone agree with me?

Respectfully... no, I do not agree with you.

The waterslides are the highlight of our kid's cruise experience.  And in my advanced age, I've been known to enjoy a slide or seven.

• Like 10

39 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone agree with me?

Really? Harmony and Symphony launched with them. They AMP'd (or refurbed) and added water slides to Voyager, Mariner, Navigator, Adventure, Freedom, Indy, Liberty, & the pictured Oasis. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Really? Harmony and Symphony launched with them. They AMP'd (or refurbed) and added water slides to Voyager, Mariner, Navigator, Adventure, Freedom, Indy, Liberty, & the pictured Oasis. 

Sorry, I meant to say, never saw a water slide as large as that one on a Royal Ship...............Have seen smaller shorter ones then the above one I posted.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone agree with me?

Agree, looks very ugly for real ship lovers but many Royal ships have them added now (All Freedom and Voyager Class exept Explorer and now Oasis as well). 

5 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Agree, looks very ugly for real ship lovers but many Royal ships have them added now (All Freedom and Voyager Class exept Explorer and now Oasis as well). 

Plenty of fake ship lovers really enjoy having them there.  They were a blast on the ships I've been on (and FWIW, I'm over 50, and have lots and lots of cruises).  

I think it's great that there are options and new features on ships.  Especially since one can easily choose to sail on a ship that doesn't have the new options.

Good think we are not forced to go on cruises....

• Like 6

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

Blank air?  The slide goes up...

(Serious answer -- some deck space.)

It took away some deck space that had loungers but as you say....most of it was blank air as it was built up on stilts/supports.

Allure is currently the only Oasis class ship without the slides. It was supposed to get them during the amplification but that didn't happen ...due to COVID and all the cuts Allure's amplification just became a dry dock. 

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sorry, I meant to say, never saw a water slide as large as that one on a Royal Ship...............Have seen smaller shorter ones then the above one I posted.

That is one of three on Oasis. Pretty much the same as Harmony and Symphony. 

FWIW, on Oasis class they blend in to the superstructure fairly well.  Very different than the ones they added to back of Voyager and Freedom ships

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

Blank air?  The slide goes up...

(Serious answer -- some deck space.)

Doesn’t look like too much space was sacrificed, which is good. Just gotta keep things in balance. Some lines are building ships with so many “toys” you lose the concept of a lido deck. Especially if big chunks of what space is left over are turnEd over to pay areas or exclusive ship-within-a-ship zones. 

• Like 1