Mardi Gras Cabin size for Fluffy Cruisers

My husband and I are fluffy people and I've read several reviews on the Mardi Gras that the cabins and bathrooms are really small.

My question is for other fluffy cruisers that have been on Mardi Gras did you have a problem with the size of the shower? Did you fit? My husband and I are over 300lbs.

I was in a MG suite last week and the bathroom was a tiny bit larger than my suite on the Breeze. The shower was not cramped with the door vs. the shower with the fake jetted tub on the Breeze. 
The room itself was much smaller (feeling if not reality). Balcony is about the same size as a balcony on other ships. 
I really think the MG suite is a misclassified Balcony room. 

• Like 2

The square footage of a regular Carnival cabin is 185 square ft in the cabins in the rest of the fleet besides the MG.  On the Mardi Gras, it's 158 square ft in an inside and 205 square ft in an Oceanview or Balcony cabin.  

I am a fluffy man myself  and have never had any problems with the Carnival bathroom and shower on any of my previous 20 Carnival cruises over the past 35 years covering 7 different classes of ship's.

If you are really concerned you could book a HC cabin since the shower is substantially larger, but be prepared to be moved if someone with a wheelchair or scooter needs it.

5 hours ago, May1cruiser said:

Well.....I could tell if felt smaller than the other rooms and bathrooms than the other 9 carnival ships I have sailed. Most noticeable on balcony and the space on each side of the bed. 

It's in your head.  The actual square footage in a balcony cabin is 205 and 44 in the balcony on the MG, whereas it's 185 and 35 in the rest of the fleet. These numbers are directly from Carnival's website.

We were in an Ocean Suite. The tightest area, to us, was moving around the foot of the bed. The wall and large, protruding television, made for a contortion to avoid head whack. Barely could get our legs through, leaning forward over the bed. Packing, on the last night was uniquely challenging.

But, we loved the ship and have three more bookings on her.

Edited by 2Shoes2Go

12 hours ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

The tightest area, to us, was moving around the foot of the bed.

I totally agree - it's the configuration.  I'm not a very big person, and walking past the bed to get to the couch or balcony, I would hit my shin on the bedframe or catch my shoulder on the TV.  

• Like 1