PCR Test - information included on results

wendycook22

Hi Everyone!

I have been researching extensively.  I thought I had read that the PCR testing provided by Celebrity does not include the time in which the test was taken, just the date.  I tried to loop back to try and find the thread but it is like finding a needle in a hay stack.  Can a recent cruiser kindly let me know what information was included on their PCR test on Celebrity Cruises.  

Thanks in advance!  
Wendy Jones

17 minutes ago, wendycook22 said:

Hi Everyone!

I have been researching extensively.  I thought I had read that the PCR testing provided by Celebrity does not include the time in which the test was taken, just the date.  I tried to loop back to try and find the thread but it is like finding a needle in a hay stack.  Can a recent cruiser kindly let me know what information was included on their PCR test on Celebrity Cruises.  

Thanks in advance!  
Wendy Jones

Reputable clinical labs are required to record collect time and date. The occasional problem is what information is included on the report that gets back to you - whether it’s an electronic report or a paper copy. Any testing done onboard should have collect time and date if they are giving you a copy of results to use elsewhere - such as end of cruise testing for non-US citizens. Is that what you are referring to?

5 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Reputable clinical labs are required to record collect time and date. The occasional problem is what information is included on the report that gets back to you - whether it’s an electronic report or a paper copy. Any testing done onboard should have collect time and date if they are giving you a copy of results to use elsewhere - such as end of cruise testing for non-US citizens. Is that what you are referring to?

Yes, I am referring to the PCR test that Celebrity will provide for post cruise travel requirements.  I thought I had read on a forum a comment from a traveler stating it did not specify the time stamp the sample was take.  Canada requires a neg test 72 hours prior to entry, but I believe they also state on their site that if no date stamp is included that 3 days will be accepted.  

I am looking to canvas and verify the information included on Celebrity Cruises test results for post cruise travel. 

Edited by wendycook22

42 minutes ago, wendycook22 said:

Hi Everyone!

Thanks in advance!  
Wendy Jones

Hi Wendy,

First of all, here is the earlier post that you have been looking for:

I don't recall having seen subsequent posts from others saying whether or not this continues to be an issue, or whether Celebrity is now including the time and date of all test samples being taken.

@AlbertaCruisers will be boarding the Equinox tomorrow, so if she reads this post, as she undoubtedly will, I'm sure she'll be happy to report back on the information now included.

Just a very minor point, but the Canadian requirement is a negative test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada, not of your time of entry. 

6 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Hi Wendy,

First of all, here is the earlier post that you have been looking for:

I don't recall having seen subsequent posts from others saying whether or not this continues to be an issue, or whether Celebrity is now including the time and date of all test samples being taken.

@AlbertaCruisers will be boarding the Equinox tomorrow, so if she reads this post, as she undoubtedly will, I'm sure she'll be happy to report back on the information now included.

Just a very minor point, but the Canadian requirement is a negative test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada, not of your time of entry. 

Yes, 72 hours prior to the schedule departure.  I used incorrect language 🙂  Thank you for pointing that out I would hate to mislead any fellow cruise critic travelers.  It would not allow me to edit the post.  

I just happened to receive an email from Air Canada promoting a company that they recommend for testing. The website provides extensive information pertaining to arrivals/departures anywhere in the world and the requirements. With respect to '72 hours'  before the flight, the number of hours isn't the important thing (the way I read it at least). 🙂 

" If a traveller’s flight is at 1 pm on a Friday, the traveller could board with a negative test that was taken any time on the prior Tuesday or after. "

I'm not promoting this site, but include the URL as a reference to what I just wrote.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2020/covid-19.html?acid=em|24110124|350529121&dclid=CjgKEAjwlOmLBhCi_KGf8ZeQ7DYSJACYvlHR0VUSFDigVzc_HmWlCEvE8pcWhh2NEtAtoEm5b67OXfD_BwE#/covidTesting::switch-health

4 minutes ago, wendycook22 said:

Yes, 72 hours prior to the schedule departure.  I used incorrect language 🙂  Thank you for pointing that out I would hate to mislead any fellow cruise critic travelers.  It would not allow me to edit the post.  

Pretty much a non-issue for those returning from a Caribbean cruise, but it could make a difference for those with a 15 hour plus flight back to Canada. 😇

• Like 1

Yes, thank you.  I understand the timing calculation for the 72 hours.  I am looking for confirmation on the test results provided by Celebrity. 

The government of Canada site (link below) speaks to instances where no time stamp is identified on testing, and that it allows for the 3 day rule to be considered/accepted.  I am curious of the information on the test results from Celebrity. 

https://tc.canada.ca/en/initiatives/covid-19-measures-updates-guidance-issued-transport-canada/covid-19-guidance-material-air-operators-managing-travellers-coming-canada-transborder-international-airports#annex_d

• Like 1