RAPID ANTIGEN TEST NEAR PIER AND AIRPORT FT. LAUDERDALE SEE BELOW 2 LOCATIONS

rabin1

21 hours ago, rabin1 said:

Hello

This is the second time I am posting this for the Princess people. The first time the moderator moved it to the main page under Florida departures I assume so all cruise lines could see it.

There is a company that has TWO Rapid Antigen Test locations within 20 minutes of both the port and the pier. One is just west of both of those and the other near the Galleria Mall In Ft. Lauderdale. Again both locations are within 20 minutes of either the pier or the airport.

NAME; SYNERGY DX

PHONE NUMBER TO MAKE APPOINTMENT 954-835-5198

PERSON TO ASK FOR DIANA

WILL GIVE YOU DOCUMENTATION.

I told her I was going to post this again for those that didn't see it the first time I posted it or where it was moved to.

Kathy

Awesome post - thanks. We're going to schedule antigen test at Blue Med Consultants on Nov 24 (our cruise is the 26th) but I have to wait until late next week to book. I was able to book with Synergy for the 26th at 8:30AM as a failsafe in case I cant get my test results back from Blue Med since its the day before thanksgiving.

tks again

On 9/24/2021 at 12:43 PM, rabin1 said:

HI

I live here in Ft. Lauderdale and I decided to see if I could find a place besides CVS to get quick tests for you guys. I did find and here is the info

1. they have two locations within 7 to 10 minutes of the port they are Ft Lauderdale and Davie

2. they do drive up usually no wait so I guess you could go in a cab 

3. they also make appointments

4. results in 30 minutes.

5. all great reviews I looked them up as well

6. Cost is $85 will not take insurance will give receipt for you to file with your carrier

7. Name of company is Synergy DX. I called them very very nice .

I am going to use them In there Ft. Lauderdale location

Good luck with the testing for everyone

Kathy

SEE MY POST NUMBER 22 FOR MORE INFORMATION PHONE NUMBER WHO TO SPEAK TO ETC.

I personally would not mess with anyone else. I spent hours trying to find someone that would help us & do the tests quickly. I am using the location across from the Galleria in Ft. Lauderdale. I also believe they are open Saturdays but don't quote me on that one. Diana is wonderful and will do all she can to help us travelers

Kathy

I am very nervous about the test.  We leave on Dec 26 and fly to FLL on 12/25.  I don't know if any testing centers will be open that day.  If I get the test on 12/24 it should still be good for embarkation on the 26th right?  They go by date and not hour is my understanding.  Thanks for any info.

15 minutes ago, Cooper1962 said:

I am very nervous about the test.  We leave on Dec 26 and fly to FLL on 12/25.  I don't know if any testing centers will be open that day.  If I get the test on 12/24 it should still be good for embarkation on the 26th right?  They go by date and not hour is my understanding.  Thanks for any info.

That is a question for Princess I would call them and see what they say/advise........... 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, FredZiffle said:

Another option in Fort Lauderdale.  Free Rapid Antigen test.  Open 7 days a week.  Reasonably close to the port.  

Free Covid Testing Site, Fort Lauderdale - Book Online - Urgent Care in Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 | Solv (solvhealth.com)

Be a little careful of this location. I live here in Ft. Lauderdale. This is not in the best of locations. Not a good neighborhood

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 9:34 PM, FredZiffle said:

Another option in Fort Lauderdale.  Free Rapid Antigen test.  Open 7 days a week.  Reasonably close to the port.  

Free Covid Testing Site, Fort Lauderdale - Book Online - Urgent Care in Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 | Solv (solvhealth.com)

The word “free” appears to be a misnomer….it says Accepts Medicare, PPO, Self-Pay…implying you pay?

Edited by little britain

1 hour ago, RSWBADGER said:

If you have Health Insurance or Medicare your out of pocket cost is zero.

The clue is in the name !!!!      I do have travel insurance but I doubt very much if it covers tests to go on holidays!   We don't need health insurance in England as it is paid for out of your taxes.

9 hours ago, little britain said:

The word “free” appears to be a misnomer….it says Accepts Medicare, PPO, Self-Pay…implying you pay?

There is that blurb on the home page:  "Thank you for choosing Free Covid Testing Site. We offer FREE Rapid & FREE PCR Testing. No insurance required. No appointment required. For any further questions, please reach out to us at 9542285120."  You could always call and ask about non-US citizens.

Edited by FredZiffle

On 11/6/2021 at 2:05 PM, little britain said:

I’m staying in Las Olas and there is a CVS close by.
Can Brits just walk in and get a test?  What ID would we need? 

What is the CVS charge please ( we cannot access the cvs site as we are not in the USA so please don’t say look at the site!!!) 

$139 to us Brits.

I plan on taking tests with us from the UK and videoing back to the UK to take the test.

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2021 at 11:36 AM, little britain said:

Forget anything 'free' - no such thing in the USA 😂 

You need US medical insurance to make it free or have say a SSN or State ID to claim a free test paid by the state.

On 11/7/2021 at 4:34 PM, FredZiffle said:

Results 1-3 days?!  That’s not going to work.  

I do not understand and am confused as to why some of you are fooling around and not using the two places I suggested and then complain when what others  suggestions aren't what they say. I spent hours finding those places and you get the test back in 15 minutes. Very confused I am

Kathy

On 11/12/2021 at 5:20 AM, rabin1 said:

I do not understand and am confused as to why some of you are fooling around and not using the two places I suggested and then complain when what others  suggestions aren't what they say. I spent hours finding those places and you get the test back in 15 minutes. Very confused I am

Kathy

Well, I emailed them to ask about the service for non US residents last week.... haven't heard back yet.....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, little britain said:

Well, I emailed them to ask about the service for non US residents last week.... haven't heard back yet.....

I am sorry I do not know about non US residents. If I knew your email I would call them. The lady I am referring Diana is the mgr. Maybe a worker bee saw it or something. When I was looking for places to get the tests I did not think to ask about residents outside of the US.

I just called them. All you need for anyone is an ID and they do take non-US residents. Had we had the email we could have helped more. Book the appt on line, call them or re-email my suggestions

Kathy

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2021 at 10:20 AM, rabin1 said:

SEE MY POST NUMBER 22 FOR MORE INFORMATION PHONE NUMBER WHO TO SPEAK TO ETC.

I personally would not mess with anyone else. I spent hours trying to find someone that would help us & do the tests quickly. I am using the location across from the Galleria in Ft. Lauderdale. I also believe they are open Saturdays but don't quote me on that one. Diana is wonderful and will do all she can to help us travelers

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I’ve spoken with Diana too. She’s very nice and very helpful. My question for you, which location is closest to Lago Mar? I was thinking the one on Federal Way but wanted to make sure before we book. Thanks for your help and thanks for researching for us. 

5 hours ago, pooh/tigger said:

Hi Kathy,

I’ve spoken with Diana too. She’s very nice and very helpful. My question for you, which location is closest to Lago Mar? I was thinking the one on Federal Way but wanted to make sure before we book. Thanks for your help and thanks for researching for us. 

Hi

Yes the one on Federal Hwy would be the closest. That is where I am going as well. Depending on the traffic that day about 15 minutes away from where you are staying in Ft. Lauderdale. Actually only one turn from your hotel to Sunrise Blvd then a left. It is on the corner of Sunrise and Federal in a small strip center. 

Happy you liked Diana

Blessings

Kathy

• Thanks 1

We have a cruise scheduled for December 9 from Fort Lauderdale. We anticipate doing the Binax monitored test  from our hotel on December 7 prior to our flight to FLL that afternoon. As a backup I have located an Instant Care right near Embassey Suites on 17th street. Anyone have feedback on this business regarding testing? And I could possibly get tested at the airport upon arrival .  Without a car it appears theses are our options. Hopefully the monitored test will work with no glitches like a previous test we did!

@rabin1 Many thanks for doing the leg work to find a great option! We may/may not need a local testing option for a side-to-side we are doing if Celebrity decides we don’t qualify for onboard testing on the first cruise. 

Edited to add: We would need a test on a Sunday so looks like it won’t work for us because they are closed. But still looks like a good option for many!

Edited by SeasideMemories