Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

Currently on Quest.  Big change in dining is Windows serves a seated fixed menu, no choices, in the evening and the Patio is closed in the evening.  One appetizer, one soup or salad, one entree, one dessert.  So if you don't want the Windows theme meal, no choices, you are limited to Discoveries for supper.  No popping in for a burger or a soup/salad or a dessert/gelato. Very disappointing. 

Prime C would be an option, extra cost for non-suites, if you could get a reservation.  The lack of dining space in Prime C has even the suite passengers grumbling.

Overall quality of food is mixed.  

No White Night.  Onboard substitution in Valencia for AzAmazing evening pretty weak.

House band, piano player, 4 singer/dancers, a talented band vocalist, plus the CD and asst CD are the entertainment.  Standard stuff targeted at an older clientele.  No guest entertainers yet.

Let's hope things improve with time.

7 minutes ago, Mrs Miggins said:

I read elsewhere that there was a shuttle from the dock to the main port dock building but no shuttle to Valencia city centre?  Certainly not how we experienced wonderful Valencia in the past.

Is that correct ?

That is correct, it was a five minute bus journey within the docks, then you were on your own.

17 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

Currently on Quest.  Big change in dining is Windows serves a seated fixed menu, no choices, in the evening and the Patio is closed in the evening.  One appetizer, one soup or salad, one entree, one dessert.  So if you don't want the Windows theme meal, no choices, you are limited to Discoveries for supper.  No popping in for a burger or a soup/salad or a dessert/gelato. Very disappointing. 

Prime C would be an option, extra cost for non-suites, if you could get a reservation.  The lack of dining space in Prime C has even the suite passengers grumbling.

Overall quality of food is mixed.  

No White Night.  Onboard substitution in Valencia for AzAmazing evening pretty weak.

House band, piano player, 4 singer/dancers, a talented band vocalist, plus the CD and asst CD are the entertainment.  Standard stuff targeted at an older clientele.  No guest entertainers yet.

Let's hope things improve with time.

I can’t totally agree.

White Night is now called Bright Night, and it is on Monday 8th, enjoy it.

The Azamazing evening is currently suspended shore side, so the entertainers come on board. 
We had seen the same show the last time we were in Valencia, only on a much larger scale. To bring it on board meant scaling it back and curtail the acrobatics, otherwise it skilfully performed and worth seeing.

Food is very subjective, there are changes, and I quite like them, the beef Rendang curry last night was excellent. We smelt it being cooked in Windows in the afternoon and was worth the wait. It also proved that no short cuts were being taken with at least five hour cooking time.

We drank the last bottle of Fever Tree last night.☹️, but, knowing the right bar man has secured a nice supply of Schweppes. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, norn iron said:

I can’t totally agree.

White Night is now called Bright Night, and it is on Monday 8th, enjoy it.

The Azamazing evening is currently suspended shore side, so the entertainers come on board. 
We had seen the same show the last time we were in Valencia, only on a much larger scale. To bring it on board meant scaling it back and curtail the acrobatics, otherwise it skilfully performed and worth seeing.

Food is very subjective, there are changes, and I quite like them, the beef Rendang curry last night was excellent. We smelt it being cooked in Windows in the afternoon and was worth the wait. It also proved that no short cuts were being taken with at least five hour cooking time.

We drank the last bottle of Fever Tree last night.☹️, but, knowing the right bar man has secured a nice supply of Schweppes. 

Keep enjoying despite tonicgate😂

Sounds like despite covid restrictions you can enjoy a great time onboard. Wish  we could have joined you …#get a move on baby 😅

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

Good you like Indonesian food.  This is my 23rd Azamara, and I am disappointed.  Things will probably improve as Covid becomes endemic.  For now, it's not what it was.  Sorry.

The world has changed, and so has cruising. It is what it is, and I’m just grateful that I’m on board and enjoying myself.

I’m sorry the new world of cruising hasn’t replicated itself from the past.

• Like 9

We’re onboard the Quest right now and are having an awesome time.  Our last time on board was on Captain Carl’s surprise 4 week voyage to Miami on the Pursuit last year, and we are just delighted to be back on a ship enjoying wonderful food and service, and visiting lovely Spanish ports.  

I honestly can’t think of a thing to complain about.   The Azamazing show last night was charming.   Sure, it’s not the same as going on shore and getting a large scale experience, but they did what they could and gave us a taste.  

As usual, the crew is working hard to make sure we are happy and have everything we want.   I am going to be cursing Amit in the dining room when I step on the scale at home.  Why does that wine glass keep filling itself?

Seriously, it is wonderful to be back on board and I look forward to every minute of the next week.  

Brenda

• Like 18

We’ve been onboard since October 19th.  One thing that has remained consistent is the crew; so happy and always helpful.  We feel the onboard entertainment (band and dj in particular) is geared to an older clientele, but it will be changing after the current cruise.  For us it means not enjoying drinks and dancing after dinner 🙁.   I feel the food has gotten better after the first cruise.  Cruising is just different for the time being; that being said we are enjoying our time onboard.  Really happy to be in Spain and able to wander about freely.We purchased the ultimate drink package on each cruise so can’t comment on the included drinks.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I have just seen a friends video of the evening last night, it looked really great.  We had a great evening onboard in September and good ones in the Caribbean.  Sometimes for lots of very good reasons these evenings have to be onboard- Covid is one.

Sounds like if you expect a pre pandemic experience or dwell on the negative your unhappiness will multiply and you will find more and more not to like.  

I hope as many as possible find more and more to like in the coming days!!

• Like 10

Hello all, 

We will be on the Quest next week (if all goes well) and we are sooooooo happy to be back travelling that DH and I made a pact: NO complaining… Especially since I don’t have to cook, nor clean, nor make the bed and especially not work crazy hours. I just have to enjoy what comes my way. Will it be perfect? Of course not, and it will be what we can get nowadays….and we are ok with that…

@lauriebif you could elaborate on the dancing… 

have a great day

• Like 8

Glad the fan club is happy with Azamara, whatever they may get.

But the dining arrangements are facts, not opinions.  We haven't eaten in the MDR in many cruises and hope we aren't forced to do so in the future.  The Patio, supplemented by Windows is our go to for the evening meal - best of both worlds (opinion) - but is not available on THIS cruise.

The comment about the Valencia show is an opinion, yes.  The rest is reporting to the OP re status.

No complaints about staff nor were any proffered.  In fact we have reconnected with two of our favorite waiters.  Room stewards have been great.

We don't drink so cannot seek solace in Fever Tree + whatever.  From what our fellow table-mates tell us, the included wines are drinkable.

As always, Spain is great.

Closing on an upbeat note, the food in the Patio + Windows was as good, or better, than ever at lunch today.  🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flyingshoes said:

Does anyone know if this going to be permanent, or is it one of the temporary covid-related changes?

3 hours ago, ElmaLee said:

Can I ask, is this because there is no dancing, or dancing not to your taste?

Thanks

The music played is not what we like to dance to.  We like more current dance music; Latin dancing, though beautiful is not something I imagine most of us can do.  We’ve made song requests with the band and they don’t know the song. DJ will play two requests that have people up and dancing and then start playing music that clears the floor, with the more current dance music not to be heard again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vana said:

Hello all, 

We will be on the Quest next week (if all goes well) and we are sooooooo happy to be back travelling that DH and I made a pact: NO complaining… Especially since I don’t have to cook, nor clean, nor make the bed and especially not work crazy hours. I just have to enjoy what comes my way. Will it be perfect? Of course not, and it will be what we can get nowadays….and we are ok with that…

@lauriebif you could elaborate on the dancing… 

have a great day

See above 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SunnyNy said:

Does anyone know if this going to be permanent, or is it one of the temporary covid-related changes?

It’s Covid related; so far there haven’t been enough pax onboard to make it sensible to open up everything as before.  Pax numbers are climbing so hopefully for you future cruisers you’ll have more options.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

Glad the fan club is happy with Azamara, whatever they may get.

But the dining arrangements are facts, not opinions.  We haven't eaten in the MDR in many cruises and hope we aren't forced to do so in the future.  The Patio, supplemented by Windows is our go to for the evening meal - best of both worlds (opinion) - but is not available on THIS cruise.

The comment about the Valencia show is an opinion, yes.  The rest is reporting to the OP re status.

No complaints about staff nor were any proffered.  In fact we have reconnected with two of our favorite waiters.  Room stewards have been great.

We don't drink so cannot seek solace in Fever Tree + whatever.  From what our fellow table-mates tell us, the included wines are drinkable.

As always, Spain is great.

Closing on an upbeat note, the food in the Patio + Windows was as good, or better, than ever at lunch today.  🙂

I suggest you seek out the Hotel Director and give her your views on the limitations of the catering.  Windows evening menu did have a choice in September so you might want to ascertain why its been reduced as I can see how that would limit its appeal for some.  

Is there still a full room service menu as their burgers are so good it makes a lovely meal on the balcony of an evening, then we go back out round and enjoy the bars or a show

• Like 1

We've booked the March 6 Quest sailing. The Azamara web site is missing this sailing from the Senior Officers Schedule.  Would it be possible to find out who the Captain and Hotel Director will be?  I know schedules are more fluid rather than fixed due to the pandemic, but it would be nice to have a hint. Thanks.

Edited by tgg