Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

22 hours ago, gymfreak said:

I love dancing post dinner but do you have to wear masks whilst on the dance floor? If so will need to get a few sparkly numbers!😉

Most people are wearing and are requested to wear; usually some not wearing them

11 minutes ago, Marmaduke said:

How many passengers are there currently onboard Azamara ships ?

I think they are slowly moving up the occupancy and I hear it’s about 400 due on the Quest transatlantic 

On 11/7/2021 at 10:56 AM, SunnyNy said:

I couldn't readily read her name tag.  I can give a pretty accurate description, but prefer not to publish that here.  I'm not trying to shame anyone.  I suspect she was either having a bad day,  but if this is her typical personality, I think management will become aware of it soon enough!

Hi I don't know if I got her name tag in one of my many photos but she was the Buffet Manager and I saw her every morning as I was up at 6 a.m with my Windows coffee and sitting in the smoking section alone. She would come by on her  way to work (and coming back) and would dip her head when approaching to avoid my gaze but I gave her a big "Good morning!" and she had to smile which didn't seem in her nature when I saw her addressing her staff. In a heated debate with a passenger couple  at a breakfast she was speaking what sounding like a Slavic tongue.

Short, stern looking with black hair and a pony tail.

Azamara counts on staff being consistently pleasant. If she was having a bad day then it was just one of seven, LOL.

Norris, writing a Quest review as we speak.

6 minutes ago, Bimmer09 said:

Hi I don't know if I got her name tag in one of my many photos but she was the Buffet Manager and I saw her every morning as I was up at 6 a.m with my Windows coffee and sitting in the smoking section alone. She would come by on her  way to work (and coming back) and would dip her head when approaching to avoid my gaze but I gave her a big "Good morning!" and she had to smile which didn't seem in her nature when I saw her addressing her staff. In a heated debate with a passenger couple  at a breakfast she was speaking what sounding like a Slavic tongue.

Short, stern looking with black hair and a pony tail.

Azamara counts on staff being consistently pleasant. If she was having a bad day then it was just one of seven, LOL.

Norris, writing a Quest review as we speak.

Yep, that's a very accurate description, Norris - right down to the accent.  I feel somewhat vindicated that you're making a similar observation but very surprised she's continuing with this behavior.  If it's convenient, would you mind inquiring about the future of the evening buffet in Windows?

I'm thoroughly enjoying your posts, especially since I was also at the del Senato in October for a few days before my Quest cruise and also had dinner at da Fortunato!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SunnyNy said:

Yep, that's a very accurate description, Norris - right down to the accent.  I feel somewhat vindicated that you're making a similar observation but very surprised she's continuing with this behavior.  If it's convenient, would you mind inquiring about the future of the evening buffet in Windows?

I'm thoroughly enjoying your posts, especially since I was also at the del Senato in October for a few days before my Quest cruise and also had dinner at da Fortunato!

You have impeccable taste in (A) hotels (B) Italian restaurants and (C) long Azamara reviews.

I left the Quest on November 4 so no idea regarding the Windows buffet. I was shocked and disappointed that the Patio wasn't open at night. I can't imagine why this was thought to be a good decision.  It was one less string to the Az bow in offering variety and a cool location for nighttime munching. I will question some of the  food offerings when it comes to that part of my review.

Cheers!

Norris

On 11/7/2021 at 3:16 AM, flyingshoes said:

Good you like Indonesian food.  This is my 23rd Azamara, and I am disappointed.  Things will probably improve as Covid becomes endemic.  For now, it's not what it was.  Sorry.

Previous Azamara only cruisers in a CC suite with ourqw last cruise Dec 2019 thru the Panama Canal. Have decided to try Crystal and upgraded to a PH embarking Serenity Tomorrow from Miami. I agree Azamara has steadily increased pricing but not the quality of the experience. I know you are an avid Crystal cruiser as well and noticed that we will be in Key West on 11/27 the same day that Azamara Quest will be there. 

13 hours ago, Jimmycruiser said:

Previous Azamara only cruisers in a CC suite with ourqw last cruise Dec 2019 thru the Panama Canal. Have decided to try Crystal and upgraded to a PH embarking Serenity Tomorrow from Miami. I agree Azamara has steadily increased pricing but not the quality of the experience. I know you are an avid Crystal cruiser as well and noticed that we will be in Key West on 11/27 the same day that Azamara Quest will be there. 

We get off in Miami 11/26.  I am ready for McDonald's and Taco Bell.  

2 hours ago, flyingshoes said:

We get off in Miami 11/26.  I am ready for McDonald's and Taco Bell.  

Lol. Sometimes it's the simple pleasures!  Friends took me to two Michelin starred Le Gavroche in London for dinner. I stayed overnight and will say I enjoyed the McDonald's breakfast the following morning just as much, maybe more 🤭

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/10/2021 at 9:51 AM, Bimmer09 said:

You have impeccable taste in (A) hotels (B) Italian restaurants and (C) long Azamara reviews.

I left the Quest on November 4 so no idea regarding the Windows buffet. I was shocked and disappointed that the Patio wasn't open at night. I can't imagine why this was thought to be a good decision.  It was one less string to the Az bow in offering variety and a cool location for nighttime munching. I will question some of the  food offerings when it comes to that part of my review.

Cheers!

Norris

I have no doubt that the Patio will be open for dinner again once the numbers of passengers increases.  Plus, the weather was cold!  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, laurieb said:

I have no doubt that the Patio will be open for dinner again once the numbers of passengers increases.  Plus, the weather was cold!  

Maybe it will be open for the Caribbean?  It seems like our cruise, 12/10 sailing, has quite a few cabins booked.  I am wondering what the numbers will be like.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the random snippets (some extremely random 😂) are getting posted to various roll calls rather than here.  Feedback from cruises and forward advice used to come to the wider forum community but that doesn’t seem to be the case now.  Much more useful and easier to search and find when it’s here imho.  

• Like 6

6 hours ago, uktog said:

Unfortunately the random snippets (some extremely random 😂) are getting posted to various roll calls rather than here.  Feedback from cruises and forward advice used to come to the wider forum community but that doesn’t seem to be the case now.  Much more useful and easier to search and find when it’s here imho.  

I am boarding Quest a week from today.  
Providing the Internet works, I will try to provide a few updates…….here!

it has been so sparse lately!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

I am boarding Quest a week from today.  
Providing the Internet works, I will try to provide a few updates…….here!

it has been so sparse lately!  

That will be something I will look forward to reading thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We had toyed with the idea of sneaking in a pre Christmas trip as things were opening up and also having had such a brilliant time on Quest in September so we could have met up in person.  Unfortunately the new rules that would apply on our return would have wiped out seeing our grandchildren around Christmas so that ended that idea that we were still playing with a week ago

Have a brilliant trip, Quest is such a lovely happy ship

• Like 3

2 hours ago, uktog said:

We had toyed with the idea of sneaking in a pre Christmas trip as things were opening up and also having had such a brilliant time on Quest in September so we could have met up in person.  Unfortunately the new rules that would apply on our return would have wiped out seeing our grandchildren around Christmas so that ended that idea that we were still playing with a week ago

Have a brilliant trip, Quest is such a lovely happy ship

Let’s hope we have the opportunity to meet up on a future cruise someday! 
Sorry the timing didn’t work out this time! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jules of The Seas said:

Ask away, and if I can I will answer, although the Internet is still very slow.

Julie and Les.

Thanks for the offer.  We are due to board next Saturday in Gran Canaria.  I have two questions:

1 What is the entertainment like in evenings?

2 are there opportunities to dance? 

Thanks

EL

5 hours ago, Jules of The Seas said:

Currently on Journey sailing down river from Seville en route to Malaga. CruIse has been excellent so far. Ask away, and if I can I will answer, although the Internet is still very slow.

Julie and Les.

THANK YOU Julie & Les.  We’re currently booked on Quest for Dec 23, but assuming “life on board” Journey would be very similar.  Feedback from current Quest pax indicate MDR experience is still very restricted in terms of table seating (like with your travel party only, no sharing tables with new friends met aboard??)… same on Journey?  And what about breakfast at Windows Cafe… I’m envisioning “buffet-like” offerings with Staff dishing out the food?  And given the informal nature of Windows (ie. no maitre d’ to check your info), is it open seating with whomever you choose?

Lastly, appreciate any info you might have on current passenger capacity / number on board Journey. 

Thanks again!!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ElmaLee said:

Thanks for the offer.  We are due to board next Saturday in Gran Canaria.  I have two questions:

1 What is the entertainment like in evenings?

2 are there opportunities to dance? 

Thanks

EL

We have just returned from our cruise on Azamara Journey from Civitavecchia to Lisbon and entertainment was excellent, in fact, better than ever. We were so lucky that Eric de Grey was the cruise director on Journey. We so much enjoyed his shows.

There is currently a very popular band from the Philippines on board that plays every night in the Living Room and the dance floor was well frequented. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JWayne60 said:

THANK YOU Julie & Les.  We’re currently booked on Quest for Dec 23, but assuming “life on board” Journey would be very similar.  Feedback from current Quest pax indicate MDR experience is still very restricted in terms of table seating (like with your travel party only, no sharing tables with new friends met aboard??)… same on Journey?  And what about breakfast at Windows Cafe… I’m envisioning “buffet-like” offerings with Staff dishing out the food?  And given the informal nature of Windows (ie. no maitre d’ to check your info), is it open seating with whomever you choose?

Lastly, appreciate any info you might have on current passenger capacity / number on board Journey. 

Thanks again!!

On our cruise to the Mediterranean with Journey from Nov. 21 to Nov. 29, there were only 177 passengers, and we found it very pleasant to always find a seat in the front row of the theatre, never have to wait in Discoveries for a table at the window or queue in Windows Café. We had first class service everywhere, and the staff did everything to make this cruise an unforgettable experience. In Windows Cafe, the waiters let us choose the dishes and handed them to us or brought them to the table. I had the impression that we could have shared a table with new friends, but we didn't try it out. Aqualina and Prime C were open in the evening, even though we were such a small number of passengers. The Patio was closed in the evening, probably because it was too cold to sit outside. 

It was our first cruise after 20 months, and it was heaven to be back on Azamara. 

• Like 5