Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

10 minutes ago, laurieb said:

On Quest, Captain Johannes informed us yesterday that there are no cases of Covid onboard.  Patio is open for dinner.  The destination immersion last night, the Red Hot Chilli Pipers, was the best I’ve ever seen!  Good job Azamara!!

They are one of the best Scottish bands. Clearly excellent decisions being made in the entertainment procurement section!  I know many Scots ashore would pay good money to see them. 

• Like 4

Greetings from the Azamara Journey,  we have just entered the Adriatic Sea, cruising from Giardini Naxos to Monopoli with expected arrival 1230 AM. This is our first cruise on thr Azamara  and I'm happy to report that the cruise is absolutely terrific.  The service in Discoveries is excellent and most of the food is very good. Tonight we dine in Aqualina.  Did the Prime C a few days ago . Lovely ambiance.  

I'm impressed by the crew onboard 👏😀 They do a great job. Very friendly and serviceminded. 

We're very happy cruisers 😀👍

20220813_085414.jpg

20220812_192331.jpg

20220811_172650.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Journey in Kotor today. No reported covid cases. Getting ready for white Night with dark skies overhead.

Just bumped into Sasha Kovalov, Azamara Journey's band leader. He went on vacation february 12th to Odesa. Everybody knows what happend ten days later.
He is back today, with his wife and daughter, after a drive of 3500 km from Odesa to Kotor. He will be playing tonight at White Night party. 
So great to see him all well and in good health.

Prime C and Aqualina are popular. Impossible to get tables now. We did Prime C yesterday and luckily has Aqualina reserved for tuesday. So far a great cruise. No problems to mention.

20220814_141709.jpg

Edited by oddjob16
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

We were informed day before yesterday of a port change from Stornoway to Portree, due to adverse sea conditions forecast.  Today we’re tendering in to Portree, an absolutely beautiful little port.  Well done Captain Johannes!

Sadly, someone onboard felt the need to verbally abuse some of the crew as they were unhappy with the change.  Captain informed the whole ship yesterday about the incident and firmly told the instigator(s) that if it happened again that they will quickly be removed from the ship.  I just don’t understand how someone can consider themselves so important that they think they can treat others so poorly…

• Like 31

26 minutes ago, laurieb said:

We were informed day before yesterday of a port change from Stornoway to Portree, due to adverse sea conditions forecast.  Today we’re tendering in to Portree, an absolutely beautiful little port.  Well done Captain Johannes!

Sadly, someone onboard felt the need to verbally abuse some of the crew as they were unhappy with the change.  Captain informed the whole ship yesterday about the incident and firmly told the instigator(s) that if it happened again that they will quickly be removed from the ship.  I just don’t understand how someone can consider themselves so important that they think they can treat others so poorly…

I heard about that incident - it is disgusting.  The weather conditions in that part of the world were not good yesterday and today.  The captain did well to even find somewhere else to go - they could have been on another cruise line who would have sailed round in circles all day.  And they found them somewhere special as well.  For those who do not know the area, this was what the guests would have seen today, we took this picture on our last weekend up there.  We are fortunate to be about a 3 hour drive away from this area and can treat ourselves to weekends away there.

C4971F10-B55E-4E62-8A47-D0D232D96EE0_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.8fe324911941e7f8a6208b1e3034b4ca.jpeg

I hope the guilty parties feel totally ashamed about their unacceptable behaviour and have the good grace to appropriately apologise to the crew member and to Captain Johannes in person

Edited by uktog
spelling
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, laurieb said:

Well done indeed Captain. This kind of thing really gets under my skin. It's hard to fathom what makes some people tick. All of us able to do so are incredibly lucky to be on a ship being looked after by a wonderful crew. One wonders what real adversity looks like in the world of those acting in this way. I'd make 'em walk the plank!  

Glad you enjoyed Skye. Apart from having to give up some very delicious black pudding I'd be very pleased with the change. Perhaps that's what the idiot(s) had?  Black pudding deprivation fury. 😁

Phil 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, laurieb said:

It's sad that people feel the need to be abusive when the Captain makes a decision in the interests of safety. No doubt the same folk would be the first ones to complain if they had a rough sailing into Stornaway. I have spent several wonderful holidays on the beautiful Isle of Skye and would have been delighted to cruise into Portree. Shame on you ignorant ill behaved clowns.

• Like 5

We have just completed our first cruise with Azamara (the one preceding the one referenced here) and fell in love with Captain Johannes.  He is so personable, mingling among the passengers and chatting when he could be having a break.  I am beyond thrilled that he will be Captaining the Quest for the Suez sailing next May.

As for these abusers, do they think the crew has control over the weather?  Captain Johannes showed his kindness and tolerance by not tossing them off the ship right away.

DH often says the thing he likes best about cruising is the people he meets and the thing he dislikes most about cruising is the people he meets!

Love your picture of Portree, uktog.  What a delightful little place. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, laurieb said:

I was on a cruise where we didn't stop at the private island because of conditions.  At an informal passenger meeting the next day, people were saying they were going to sue the line thru their lawyers. I asked if anyone had been in a bad storm.  No one responded.  I told them the first few hours, you are afraid you are going to die.  After 4 hours, you are afraid you are NOT going to die.  I told them to read the back of the tickets where it states the Captain is the Master of the vessel!!!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, laurieb said:

It’s referred to as Spirits in the Insider.  Spirits is in the den

Its so confusing as they verbally call it the Den ie at the end of each show.  They have also called it The Den in the email sent to guests last night encouraging purchases of the Ultimate Package so you can enjoy the fancy cocktails.  They need to sort their terminology out!!

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 12:21 AM, audobon_tx said:

Wonder what today's load factor is on Pursuit Rekyavik?

And we are sorry to see Heike gets off today for the last time.

Are you referring to Dublin-Reykyavik, or Reykyavik-Copenhagen? We just completed the former sailing and had 529 passengers.

2 hours ago, JYDCruise said:

Are you referring to Dublin-Reykyavik, or Reykyavik-Copenhagen? We just completed the former sailing and had 529 passengers.

The latter.

Were the cookies in Mosaic as bad as ours?  One chip per cookie on board currently.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, audobon_tx said:

The latter.

Were the cookies in Mosaic as bad as ours?  One chip per cookie on board currently.

All your chips are belong to us . . .

Seriously, we didn't eat any cookies on the trip, but did "sample" a depressingly large number of other, generally quite enjoyable, desserts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, JYDCruise said:

All your chips are belong to us . . .

Seriously, we didn't eat any cookies on the trip, but did "sample" a depressingly large number of other, generally quite enjoyable, desserts.

I fear the cookie crisis (and Heike leaving after 15 years) is the canary in the coal mine.

Our current voyage on Quest has been one of the best. Officers and staff have been wonderful, food has been great, Captain Johannes has been very visible. Only complaint is the quality of the wines (both included and in the ultimate package). They’re out of the Sokol Blosser Pinot noir that’s supposed to be in the ultimate package and are substituting Cavit, which retails for about $15 a magnum at home.

• Like 2