Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

On 12/17/2021 at 12:03 PM, takemewithyou said:

We did it!  First White Night accomplished!  
It was great to have one again!  We had a wonderful grilled meal and lots of options.  Filet mignon, lamb, lobster tails, slow cooked Caribbean pork, shrimp, plantains, etc.  we happened to be the last color called so we had a later meal, but it was all good.

The music and dancing was great.  The weather cooperated !  Officers were serving and the Captain was greeting everyone at our tables.

Bravo Quest!  

6B508870-AD42-4EF1-9A25-D2A59861D53B.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Tonight is the Destination Celebration in St Maarten for Quest.  We signed up for times originally but they have decided to have all 400 of us at one time….7:45 pm tonight.  We will have a steel Pan band to start and then the Soul Sisters will perform classics like Tina Turner, Aretha Franklin, Etta James, etc.  We will all be outside on deck and rum cake will be served for dessert.  there will be dancing under the stars.  Hope the weather stays nice!

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I think there are computers onboard for passenger use (with a WiFi package). Can someone confirm this? We are not bringing laptops, but my spouse was planning to bring a thumb drive.

There are, but there are only three, and there were issues logging on when we were on in November

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Thanks. We will hope the best 

From one who was on the last Quest cruise before the world fell apart in March of 2020, I highly recommend you reconsider your decision not to bring at least one laptop.

• Like 3

From Quest.  We had our last port stop today in Virgin Gorda.  Next is 2 sea days back to Miami and then off 12/23.

We had our Destination Celebration last night with all guests at the one performance.  The weather held out and they had just finished their last song when the rain started coming down…..so it all worked out quite nicely.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I will definitely have my smartphone! DH is a Luddite and won’t get one 😏

My DH was a Luddite until a few months ago, when he was tired of asking me for the one time code for his latest inline transaction. (my phone was registered as the contact for both of us) It seems they become more and more necessary as time passes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Ok, I have heard that they have reinstated the Chef’s Table as a one table event. Does anyone think this is a good idea, given the rapid spread of Omicron? I was looking forward to this, but will pass if not socially distanced.

I wish I could help, but we did not do a chefs table this cruise.  Perhaps someone else will know how it was done.  I have not seen anyone at the big table in Prime C.

4 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Ok, I have heard that they have reinstated the Chef’s Table as a one table event. Does anyone think this is a good idea, given the rapid spread of Omicron? I was looking forward to this, but will pass if not socially distanced.

No big table event. I will not do it unless at big table.

we had large parties there only.

we did share tables at a VIP event and everyone was fine with it. The menu was not special  at  all but the company was.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Very wise, I would not do anything that was officially endorsing sharing tables in the current climate, though I suspect anything that was allowed on a previous cruise might well be subject to review in the coming days.  I'm surprised how easily people become less virus aware onboard - maybe they haven't heard of the significance of omicron.  For us, our Christmas is shot now because of it - so we have to cling on to its wreckage and hope for next year 🙂 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, uktog said:

Very wise, I would not do anything that was officially endorsing sharing tables in the current climate, though I suspect anything that was allowed on a previous cruise might well be subject to review in the coming days.  I'm surprised how easily people become less virus aware onboard - maybe they haven't heard of the significance of omicron.  For us, our Christmas is shot now because of it - so we have to cling on to its wreckage and hope for next year 🙂 

VIP event was planned as a pre dinner for the music on board from St Martin. Felt over crowded and food was normal everyday menu.  seems to many VIPs on ship per how it was set up. Most were peoole I never saw in my life,

also meant venue was to crowded too.

7 hours ago, uktog said:

Thanks for eliciting a rueful laugh with your phrase “cling on to its wreckage” about life as we know it now, and reminding us of  the title of lawyer/author John Mortimer’s autobiography.

And thanks to those who inform us that cruising carries on albeit with altered activities.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nordski said:

Thanks for eliciting a rueful laugh with your phrase “cling on to its wreckage” about life as we know it now, and reminding us of  the title of lawyer/author John Mortimer’s autobiography.

And thanks to those who inform us that cruising carries on albeit with altered activities.

I hope you have read some of John Mortimer's Rumpole of the Bailey - and can be amused by She who must be obeyed aka our First Minister who has also now shut down our Hogmanay (31/12) events.

What I would give to be on a cruise now........

• Like 4

1 hour ago, uktog said:

I hope you have read some of John Mortimer's Rumpole of the Bailey - and can be amused by She who must be obeyed aka our First Minister who has also now shut down our Hogmanay (31/12) events.

What I would give to be on a cruise now........

My second good laugh of the day!

Now I shall always picture Ms Sturgeon as the redoubtable Hilda.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Onboard! There was a lightly attended (unhosted) Meet and Greet in the Drawing Room, probably due to sail away at the same time, but still nice to meet a few folks from the roll call. Crew is fabulous as always and we were impressed that when we signed up for a chef’s table at embarkation and I noted spouse’s food allergy, when we went for dinner they had noted it. And dinner in the MDR was great. Very popular venue tonight, so they funneled people to the Den while waiting for tables and then came and fetched you when your table was ready. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Onboard! There was a lightly attended (unhosted) Meet and Greet in the Drawing Room, probably due to sail away at the same time, but still nice to meet a few folks from the roll call. Crew is fabulous as always and we were impressed that when we signed up for a chef’s table at embarkation and I noted spouse’s food allergy, when we went for dinner they had noted it. And dinner in the MDR was great. Very popular venue tonight, so they funneled people to the Den while waiting for tables and then came and fetched you when your table was ready. 

I see that you are presently sailing off the coast of Cuba with what looks to be good weather. Hopefully the winds that have affected the Caribbean for the past couple of weeks have died down.

If you get a chance, maybe ask the CD why they would schedule the M&G when they did rather than the next day (today) which is a sea day.  I'm sure that many were disappointed at the timing.

13 minutes ago, macmax said:

I see that you are presently sailing off the coast of Cuba with what looks to be good weather. Hopefully the winds that have affected the Caribbean for the past couple of weeks have died down.

If you get a chance, maybe ask the CD why they would schedule the M&G when they did rather than the next day (today) which is a sea day.  I'm sure that many were disappointed at the timing.

My experience of Azamara is that any M & G is always arranged for the first day around sailaway to get it done early in the cruise with as many in attendance as possible. Covid has obviously played a hand in them.  An effort has always been made in the past for as many of the senior crew to at least show their face. They are being much more careful now. 

Phil 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, macmax said:

Well, the M&G was at 6 and we were originally scheduled to sail away at 5. But  the actual sail away was changed to six, so it was pretty lightly attended