Question for those who have sailed Atlas re: rapid antigen testing

skrink

Hi fellow cruisers,

I just discovered that there are no sites available in my state or region for rapid antigen testing, which I understand is a requirement by Atlas within 72 hours before the trip.  I checked Walgreens and they listed the closest facility as in Virginia and I’m in Iowa.  Seemed odd, but that’s what it said when I tried to get one today.

How did Atlas handle pre-trip testing for you?  Rapid antigen testing within 72 hours of sailing could mean getting it at home before I leave, but if that’s the case and tests aren’t available, do they accept results from one of the other kinds of tests?  

I sail in January and Atlas hasn’t provided information on this yet.  TIA.

I would consider checking with Atlas to see if they would accept a "medically supervised" home test. Most of the the large lines are.  I will doing mine this morning for a sailing on Saturday.  Check Emed.com, Bianox Abbott test that you order online.  Price includes online video monitoring and supervision of the test. This is not the same as test you can find in some drug stores. 

On 11/11/2021 at 6:34 AM, kayakcove said:

I would consider checking with Atlas to see if they would accept a "medically supervised" home test. Most of the the large lines are.  I will doing mine this morning for a sailing on Saturday.  Check Emed.com, Bianox Abbott test that you order online.  Price includes online video monitoring and supervision of the test. This is not the same as test you can find in some drug stores. 

Good suggestion, thanks.