Norwegian Bliss | January 21, 2022 | 14 Days - Mexican Riviera/Panama Canal (LA to Miami)

SireDoime

Hello πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘‹πŸΏπŸ™‹πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈ,

Β 

This is my first time cruising on Norwegian and my first megaship, aaaaand my longest cruise.

This is a bucket list cruise,Β 14 Days - LA to Miami - Mexican Riveria/Panama Canal - NCL Bliss (Jan 21 - Feb 04, 2022)

It's gonna be chillyΒ πŸŒ¬οΈπŸ˜°Β πŸ˜¨β„οΈ, though.

Β 

My Dad, and many others said if I ever get the chance to go through the Panama Canal, do it.

Sadly, though this ship is too big for the old PanamaAX locks, it's new NeoPananmaAX locks for Bliss.

Β 

I don't know even know if Norwegian even has a "gay theme" night, events, or whatever. But, we're everywhere, so..🀩

I am anticipating this will be a great cruise; hope I meet some great people! See you aboard!!

πŸ›³οΈβ›΄οΈπŸŽŠπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸŽ‰

Edited by SireDoime
oops
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 11:29 PM, SireDoime said:

I don't know even know if Norwegian even has a "gay theme" night, events, or whatever. But, we're everywhere, so..🀩

I am anticipating this will be a great cruise; hope I meet some great people! See you aboard!!

I'll be on the Bliss about a month before you, just the Mex Riviera part.

Β 

There are no "gay themed" nights.Β  They have an hour long "Friends of Dorothy" mixer nightly on all ships but I've found it to be very hit or miss, mostly miss.Β  Anyway, on the Bliss dailies that I've seen, that's in the Observation Lounge at 7:00 so it tends to interfere with dinner.

Β 

Someone on my roll call (on another "meta" site) posted a question whether LGBT folks would be sailing and got a pretty good response.Β  You might try that.Β  You could then see whether people wanted to show up at 7:00 or perhaps plan something for a different time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2021 at 3:06 PM, fshepinc said:

I just did the all-gay cruise on the Bliss earlier this month. The ship itself is nice, and you really should try the ice room in the spa! Best thing on board is the show, SIX-The Musical. Make sure you book it!Β 

Honestly, I'm just not feeling SIX. I thought it was going to be a period piece musical, I didn't know it was brit-pop musical from 2017. I saw a small clip and wasn't that impressed, besides Henry VIII would never have married two Black women, just saying. But, me complaining about that is like when plays used to always cast a female in the role of Peter Pan.Β πŸ€·πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈπŸ˜•Β 

Β 

As for the Ice room, yes I did purchase the Thermal Suite pass. Too bad it won't include spa services.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 5:36 PM, SireDoime said:

Honestly, I'm just not feeling SIX. I thought it was going to be a period piece musical, I didn't know it was brit-pop musical from 2017. I saw a small clip and wasn't that impressed, besides Henry VIII would never have married two Black women, just saying. But, me complaining about that is like when plays used to always cast a female in the role of Peter Pan.Β πŸ€·πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈπŸ˜•Β 

I'll disagree about Six.Β  Saw it on B'way and was pleasantly surprised.Β  Unfortunately, both performances on my sailing were cancelled (cast illness, apparently non-COVID.)Β 

Β 

Found this online...I'm obsessed πŸ™‚Β Β 

Β 

21 hours ago, phillygwm said:

I'll disagree about Six.Β  Saw it on B'way and was pleasantly surprised.Β  Unfortunately, both performances on my sailing were cancelled (cast illness, apparently non-COVID.)Β 

Β 

Found this online...I'm obsessed πŸ™‚Β Β 

Β 

Wait so you're saying ther are two SIX's one with the chicks and another with gay dudes on Bliss? OK, now this I'll see - just wish they were in costumeΒ πŸ˜…

Edited by SireDoime

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 8:29 PM, SireDoime said:

Hello πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘‹πŸΏπŸ™‹πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈ,

Β 

This is my first time cruising on Norwegian and my first megaship, aaaaand my longest cruise.

This is a bucket list cruise,Β 14 Days - LA to Miami - Mexican Riveria/Panama Canal - NCL Bliss (Jan 21 - Feb 04, 2022)

It's gonna be chillyΒ πŸŒ¬οΈπŸ˜°Β πŸ˜¨β„οΈ, though.

Β 

My Dad, and many others said if I ever get the chance to go through the Panama Canal, do it.

Sadly, though this ship is too big for the old PanamaAX locks, it's new NeoPananmaAX locks for Bliss.

Β 

Two more gay men will be joining you on this adventure. πŸ‘‹βœŒοΈπŸ˜Ž

• Thanks 1