Large Families

LostShakerofSalt

I am looking at Royal Caribbean or Carnival for a Southern Caribbean cruise early next year.  We are a family of six and would need either connecting rooms or suites.  However, even though I understand the symbols on the website (the little triangle on Carnival or stars on Royal Caribbean), I am STRUGGLING to actually find two rooms near one another. Royal Caribbean has the choice to select connecting rooms, but I don't see one for Carnival. 

***I am trying to avoid balconies because my I have a 3-year-old who is very energetic.  

Am I missing the ability to choose for Carnival? Is there an easier way to do this?  Is there any other advice for a large family booking that you would have?   Are there large family suites that I'm missing?  

It would help to know how old your other children are, and what ships you are considering.  Since you don’t want a balcony, look at carnival’s Dream class and newer.  Look at the deluxe ocean view cabins.  There are a number that are connecting.  My best advice is to call and ask.  EM

• 3 weeks later...

Some RCI ships (Voyager and Freedom class) have a few rooms that have an INSIDE that connect to a balcony....they will be at the very aft of the side balcony cabins...that might be a great option, but there aren't many of this configuration....check the deck plans!

• 1 month later...