Where can a Canadian from British Columbia get a pre cruise test in Nola ?

eltigre

Arriving March 3, 2022 but don't cruise until 5th. Pre  Flight Covid test on the 1st or 2nd will have expired by cruising time.

This is getting not only expensive but logistically difficult as well. The tests in BC are $150-$200.pp.

I hear Walgreens on Esplanade,  not far from airport, is free but need a State drivers licence and it is drive through so we could  use an Uber I guess.                          Trying to time flights and their operating hours is also another concern.

Final cruise payment coming due and unless I can get ducks in a row, may just have to cancel. 

Edited by eltigre

On 11/14/2021 at 2:53 PM, eltigre said:

Arriving March 3, 2022 but don't cruise until 5th. Pre  Flight Covid test on the 1st or 2nd will have expired by cruising time.

You could also have a test sent to you ahead of time and take it/mail it upon arrival in New Orleans to comply with the testing requirements. LabCorp in the US has their Pixel branded test they will mail to you ahead of time for $119 USD. Once you arrive you just do the swab and put it in the mail and you'll have results within 1-2 days. Overnight postage is included and you get a preprinted label and mailing material with it. 

We have used them for several travel related needs and its very easy. 

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

Does NCL accept the Abbott BinaxNow tests?

Until Jan 31st I believe they will, although they prefer a lab based test. After Feb 1 you will have to do a medically supervised test within 2 days of embarkation. If you cant do that they will have tests available at the port for $99 per person. 

56 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Until Jan 31st I believe they will, although they prefer a lab based test. After Feb 1 you will have to do a medically supervised test within 2 days of embarkation. If you cant do that they will have tests available at the port for $99 per person. 

I should have specified, thanks. I was talking about the proctored online tests where you do it through video with an eMed medical staff member.

I am very Sorry to say we have cancelled this cruise. Just not ready to take on the flying & cruising yet and sister had an accident over the Christmas season so our meet up is not in the cards either. Wishing everyone FUN Times.

On 12/28/2021 at 1:33 PM, princeton123211 said:

I am curious where you saw that tests will be available at the port after Jan 31st?   And who is providing them?  Would like to look into that for a cruise in March. 

19 hours ago, Anniversary35gal said:

I am curious where you saw that tests will be available at the port after Jan 31st?   And who is providing them?  Would like to look into that for a cruise in March.

It's on NCL's website. I get the impression its not a service they are trying to promote-- more like an option of last resort.