Airport transfer?

kelbelle

I purchased the airport transfer through carnival for our cruise this weekend but I don’t know how that works with our set appointment time at the port. Will Carnival send me  a ticket or some info? I haven’t been able to find any info in the website. 

I haven't taken the transfer from the airport in a long time, but from what I remember, after you get off the plane and get your bags, there is someone in baggage claim with a sign for the Carnival bus.  Just walk up and they check your name against a list; there is no ticket.  Then board the bus and wait until it fills up.  I would assume you would then just wait at the port until your boarding time?  Hopefully someone who has taken one more recently will chime in. 

1 minute ago, cruisin*tigger said:

I haven't taken the transfer from the airport in a long time, but from what I remember, after you get off the plane and get your bags, there is someone in baggage claim with a sign for the Carnival bus.  Just walk up and they check your name against a list; there is no ticket.  Then board the bus and wait until it fills up.  I would assume you would then just wait at the port until your boarding time?  Hopefully someone who has taken one more recently will chime in. 

This is correct.  Pre-Covid, if you arrived via Carnival transfer, you could enter the terminal immediately

We did the shuttle from Port of Miami to MIA in September and won't do it again.  Uber is much easier and quicker.  With the Carnival shuttle you have to wait until it fills up, which could take some time. You also have to wait on the driver to load and unload luggage. On your return trip to the airport, you may have more than one stop.  Our trip took an extra 45 minutes.  Uber is a much better option.