Princess Cruises 2023/2024 Australia, New Zealand and Asia Program Release

I got a e-mail from Princess Cruises today about Princess Cruises 2023/2024 Australia, New Zealand and Asia Program Release and they said it will be release on

Tuesday, 23 November 12:00 PM AEDT

Tuesday, 23 November 2:00 PM NZDT

Our informative virtual presentation is designed to provide you the insights and knowledge to plan your 2023-2024 holiday with Princess. Register to hear more about the highlights of our soon to be released 2023-2024 season in Australia, New Zealand & Asia, including our popular 2024 World Cruise. Presented by Princess Key Account Manager Shaun Kavanagh, you'll learn more about the ships and itineraries in this exciting program.

You can register for the free event here: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/20232024-australia-new-zealand-asia-program-release-public-launch-tickets-208970976817?custID=JHPDT4LHQSHL7DYH5UV56A2VGM&cid=mkt_email_info_internal_ausprogramrelease_other_ace21pp69pr69_211118_na

Yes I agree OzKiwiJJ ... Tuesdays I'm busy with grandie duty - and that 3 year old would never let me sit and watch a podcast (or whatever it's called).  Noon is lunchtime and "I'm hungry!!!"  So we'll be busy making lunch!  Gawd help me ... and cleaning up "her" mess. 

If I register, will I still be able to watch it later that evening or would I have missed it altogether?  And hey, what about the people who are working?  When could they watch it?

LOL it will probably be some "talking head" waffling on ad nauseum.  Maybe I could catch it on Youtube later? 🙄

1 hour ago, Rassa said:

Sorry it was the 22/23 one but I am not looking at more Princess cruises at the moment.

I'm hoping they'll release the 23/24 on later this week, after they've done their little show and tell session, which I'll have to miss.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm hoping they'll release the 23/24 on later this week, after they've done their little show and tell session, which I'll have to miss.

I'm waiting for RCCL to release their 23/24 shortly after Princess.   DH wants to do cruises in Europe late 2023 ..... I'm a little hesitant!

Reading the email 2023-24 brochure, I noticed 2 strange things:

1. On P 4, Coral Princess is showing 2200 passengers instead of 2000 - maybe they have confused it with its "sister" ship,  the butchered Island Princess.

2. On P 23, Coral Princess has a gap from 19 Aug to 5 Sep 2024 - it does have to sail from Sydney to Perth for the next cruise. 

Brian

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bvm49 said:

Reading the email 2023-24 brochure, I noticed 2 strange things:

1. On P 4, Coral Princess is showing 2200 passengers instead of 2000 - maybe they have confused it with its "sister" ship,  the butchered Island Princess.

😯 I hope they aren't planning on butchering Coral. She's heading up to Europe at the moment for a dry dock.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

😯 I hope they aren't planning on butchering Coral. She's heading up to Europe at the moment for a dry dock.

I have been on both Island and Coral, Alaska Inside Passage and Panama Canal. They really butchered Island to retro fit additional cabins, it lost the Universe lounge forward, aft viewing areas and now no walk around prom deck, you have to duck inside and out the other side.  Coral is great at the moment, I don't like the sound of the increased pax capacity, could well be she is to be butchered for another 100 cabins a la  Island Princess.🤢

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Maybe it is simply that passenger numbers are open quoted as 'lower berth' numbers. Most mainstream cruise ships have some upper berths to accommodate families. I suggest the different numbers quoted are the difference between lower berths and total number of passenger berths. Here is a fact sheet:

Coral Princess Fact Sheet
  • Guest Capacity: 2,000 (lower berths)
  • Tonnage: 91,627.

35 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Maybe it is simply that passenger numbers are open quoted as 'lower berth' numbers. Most mainstream cruise ships have some upper berths to accommodate families. I suggest the different numbers quoted are the difference between lower berths and total number of passenger berths. Here is a fact sheet:

Coral Princess Fact Sheet
  • Guest Capacity: 2,000 (lower berths)
  • Tonnage: 91,627.

Could be but it's a bit odd since they still show 2000 on their website. I checked the previous year's brochure and it had 2000 for Coral. Lets hope the 2200 is a typo.

19 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Could be but it's a bit odd since they still show 2000 on their website. I checked the previous year's brochure and it had 2000 for Coral. Lets hope the 2200 is a typo.

They could have or are about to fitted pullman bunks on Coral to increase capacity for the Australian market, families etc, like they did with Pacific Dawn ex Regal Princess.🤐

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

They could have or are about to fitted pullman bunks on Coral to increase capacity for the Australian market, families etc, like they did with Pacific Dawn ex Regal Princess.🤐

There are already a lot of upper berths, presumably the pullman type, on the Coral. The 2,000 pax capacity mentioned is 'lower berths', not counting those upper berths.

11 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

There are already a lot of upper berths, presumably the pullman type, on the Coral. The 2,000 pax capacity mentioned is 'lower berths', not counting those upper berths.

Yes, I read there are a total of 1000 cabins for passengers.

On 11/24/2021 at 12:02 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, with the proposed start in Australian waters delayed due to the government refusing to allow ships to recommence cruising; maybe Princess has decided it would be a good time to add the extra 100 cabins to try to recoup some of their lost money.

Brian

24 minutes ago, bvm49 said:

Yes, with the proposed start in Australian waters delayed due to the government refusing to allow ships to recommence cruising; maybe Princess has decided it would be a good time to add the extra 100 cabins to try to recoup some of their lost money.

Brian

I hope not. And she's also got a dry dock scheduled in Singapore around October 2023.

But so far there aren't two sets of deck plans on the Princess website. Usually when changes are made, or in the pipeline, they show the current and new deckplans and you select which one you want based on date.