Anniversary Cruise: Where Should We Go?

KellyCz

On 11/25/2021 at 6:27 AM, ontheweb said:

No one, not even you can say that; it is, or rather was Homowack, no second h in the spelling.

If you read the CC FAQs, we are not supposed to correct spelling or grammatical errors.

"Our members are from all walks of life.  They belong to different faiths, religions and nationalities.  Their level of education may differ than yours, or English may be their second language.  Please exhibit tolerance of the posting styles, language and grammar of members.  Posts that point out typos, grammatical errors or anything that could embarrass someone aren't allowed -- are a waste of everyone's time -- and will be removed from the community."

DON

Edited by donaldsc

46 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

If you read the CC FAQs, we are not supposed to correct spelling or grammatical errors.

"Our members are from all walks of life.  They belong to different faiths, religions and nationalities.  Their level of education may differ than yours, or English may be their second language.  Please exhibit tolerance of the posting styles, language and grammar of members.  Posts that point out typos, grammatical errors or anything that could embarrass someone aren't allowed -- are a waste of everyone's time -- and will be removed from the community."

DON

I just wanted Lenny to know the correct spelling of the place he and his bride spent their honeymoon.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Since you have said more than once that your mother is Mrs. G you would have to be Mr.G.

Is it a given that every one of  Mrs. G's offspring are male?  

Are you certain that you are not engaging with a Ms. G?

Edited by navybankerteacher

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Since you have said more than once that your mother is Mrs. G you would have to be Mr.G.

I do not believe I ever posted anything like that; I truly believe you are confusing me with someone else. Please stop,

11 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Is it a given that every one of  Mrs. G's offspring are male?  

Are you certain that you are not engaging with a Ms. G?

Well, I have often mentione my DW, but I guess in this day and age that does not guarantee that I am a male. Actually, I am.

And this thread has really gone off topic, why don't we get back to the original question. 

• Like 1

Getting back to the original topic. We have one of those anniversaries coming up in 2022, #45. We were sent an ad from NCL, not our favorite cruise line, but there was an incredible itinerary. (DW actually found it first.) It started in London (Southampton) and went to Amsterdam, Brugges (for Brussells), 3 stops in Norway for fjords, and finally 3 stops in Iceland ending in an overnight in Reykjavik. I saw it went in August, and went "Aha, this could be our annivesary cruise". And then I saw the ship had not been built yet (first cruise is actually scheduled for August 2022, though later in the month than our anniversary). We have booked it (with a totally refundable deposit), and if we find nothing for next August or things are still messed up from Covid, we just might consider this our special anniversary cruise, just a year later. 

And it would be nice if Covid is finally totally in our past by then.

22 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Getting back to the original topic. We have one of those anniversaries coming up in 2022, #45. We were sent an ad from NCL, not our favorite cruise line, but there was an incredible itinerary. (DW actually found it first.) It started in London (Southampton) and went to Amsterdam, Brugges (for Brussells), 3 stops in Norway for fjords, and finally 3 stops in Iceland ending in an overnight in Reykjavik. I saw it went in August, and went "Aha, this could be our annivesary cruise". And then I saw the ship had not been built yet (first cruise is actually scheduled for August 2022, though later in the month than our anniversary). We have booked it (with a totally refundable deposit), and if we find nothing for next August or things are still messed up from Covid, we just might consider this our special anniversary cruise, just a year later. 

And it would be nice if Covid is finally totally in our past by then.

Sounds like a great itinerary.🙂....many cruise lines do it.  

As for your last sentence..........I hate to say it, but I seriously doubt in 9 months Covid will be past us.

Too many variants involved...........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Sounds like a great itinerary.🙂....many cruise lines do it.  

As for your last sentence..........I hate to say it, but I seriously doubt in 9 months Covid will be past us.

Too many variants involved...........

August 2023, note that is 2023, is well past 9m months from now. I agree about the 9 month part which is why we may very well not have anything real special planned for anniversary #45 in August 2022. We can hope for 2023.🤞

5 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

August 2023, note that is 2023, is well past 9m months from now. I agree about the 9 month part which is why we may very well not have anything real special planned for anniversary #45 in August 2022. We can hope for 2023.🤞

Ohhh...sorry, I mis-read the date........I thought you meant August 2022.......

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I do not believe I ever posted anything like that; I truly believe you are confusing me with someone else. Please stop,

My final point,I promise.

You posted about your mother twice.You told me about your brothers by name when you realized that one of my neighbors grew up in Monticello.

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Please allow one more off topic post.I just spoke to my neighbor who grew up in Monticello.He remembers your brothers.You have the same last name as my childhood friend Stephen but everyone called him Billy.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Please allow one more off topic post.I just spoke to my neighbor who grew up in Monticello.He remembers your brothers.You have the same last name as my childhood friend Stephen but everyone called him Billy.

If you are not going to post on topic, don't post.

One  more off topic reply to me, and I put you on my ignore list.

To the original poster, I apologize. I did try to get this back on topic.