Claiming VAT on goods after Brexit

The Wolfman

On 11/20/2021 at 4:27 PM, zap99 said:

No need to buy a fake. The African market traders in Vigo sell genuine ones for a tenner.🤣

For years we always bought one of those "genuine fakes" for our niece's little girl because she loved getting a "designer" bag but she is now 12 and knows the difference so she pefers me to take her to Cheshire Oaks when we get home to buy a Radley bag. That costs me a lot more because I invariably end up buying a new bag for myself too. 

The last time I took her to Cheshire Oaks it cost me over £200.  DH is teaching me to say NO to her with my eyes closed so that I can't  see her sad look. 🤣

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh I agree, but I just can't fathom that a handbag can cost £5K.  Jewellery - yes.  Would anyone know it wasn't a fake one?  i wouldn't.

The most expensive bag my Spanish friends sold was for €22,500.00. - A vintage Birkin.  It was sold to the first through the door and could have sold it four times over.
Whio would know?  The person who made the purchase.  And that’s what matters to the purchaser.  .

It’s the same with a nice piece of diamond jewellery against CZ.  From a great distance, who knows except the wearer and their partner.

Personally, it’s never Nada

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

For years we always bought one of those "genuine fakes" for our niece's little girl because she loved getting a "designer" bag but she is now 12 and knows the difference so she pefers me to take her to Cheshire Oaks when we get home to buy a Radley bag. That costs me a lot more because I invariably end up buying a new bag for myself too. 

The last time I took her to Cheshire Oaks it cost me over £200.  DH is teaching me to say NO to her with my eyes closed so that I can't  see her sad look. 🤣

Unfortunately DW likes Michael Kors. When we go to Gunwharf Quay I tell here it's closed. She also has been told that shops in Bond St Close on Sundays.🤔

30 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Unfortunately DW likes Michael Kors. When we go to Gunwharf Quay I tell here it's closed. She also has been told that shops in Bond St Close on Sundays.🤔

I love Micheal Kors but I only have a few of their bags and a gorgeous watch that DH bought for me for Christmas 4 years ago on my niece's advice.  The watch is totally impractical for everyday wear but I wear it everytime I go anywhere the slightest bit special.

16 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I love Micheal Kors but I only have a few of their bags and a gorgeous watch that DH bought for me for Christmas 4 years ago on my niece's advice.  The watch is totally impractical for everyday wear but I wear it everytime I go anywhere the slightest bit special.

Thanks for that. A surprise Christmas present now sorted. Any other suggestions gratefully received.🎁🎈