Welcome to South Florida : Gateway to the Caribbean

scubacruiserx2

1 minute ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We found a cruise on the Silver Moon that our TA is looking into .

Silver Moon.png

I sailed the Moon back in July after the re-start!  LOVE HER😃

Good morning.......Just to give you a heads up from my experiences......I sailed the Big Ships for many, many years........(I was a Celebrity cruiser for nearly 15 years).......I started cruising on Silversea in 2017 and for me, well, I have no desire to go back on the "big ships"...........Moon is their largest ship and she only holds 600 guests😃.  It is a totally different experience than mass market. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning.......Just to give you a heads up from my experiences......I sailed the Big Ships for many, many years........(I was a Celebrity cruiser for nearly 15 years).......I started cruising on Silversea in 2017 and for me, well, I have no desire to go back on the "big ships"...........Moon is their largest ship and she only holds 600 guests😃.  It is a totally different experience than mass market. 

Thanks Lois . We've also enjoyed Princess and Celebrity but when we tried a Neptune Suite on HAL in Alaska in 2017 we thought that we found a smaller ship that we liked (especially the aft cabin wrap balconies) . Now we're not so sure . We did enjoy the larger ships for TA's like Celebrity and had a nice Baltic cruise with our oldest grandson in 2016 in a roomy family room . We took him as his gift from graduation of middle school and we took this photo then in Tallin . At Thanksgiving yesterday we noticed that he is a foot taller now . As a joke I challenged him to try on my 50 year old Navy uniform on and it fit like a glove ! It was almost like looking at a 50 year old mirror .

1627703029_TylerinTallin.thumb.jpg.2f0a01d6d2f3309af657cb89d1ff65e0.jpg

On 11/26/2021 at 3:35 PM, Lois R said:

I sailed the Moon back in July after the re-start!  LOVE HER😃

We did book the cruise on the Moon and have to pay in the morning if we would like to get the 10% discount . Tomorrow morning in the low 50's possibly the upper 40's and a high in the lower 70's.

This thread began on HAL  but was moved here for some reason . Anyhow , our next cruise on HAL from Ft. Lauderdale to the Southern Caribbean became totally flipped yesterday by HAL. We've had to scramble to fix our private tours so hopefully they won't flip again .

We have endured our first medical spike in services this season when the children returned to school and they and their teachers became sick in the social contagion from the many maladies encountered during Summer vacation .

With a more normal return to cruising and vacationing here , there will be another 2 spikes next year . It does happen every year . The next spike will after the New Year and the holidays . People will flock in record numbers here bring all kinds of bugs here while fleeing the cold . The next spike will occur during Spring break . With lots of drinking , partying and carousing - it is inevitable . Many will choose to fault our state and it's rules but it has happened every year that I remember , no matter who is in office . Until our visitors bring a supply of blood , extra hospital rooms and medical personnel and more roads and airports it will be an annual event that we will get thru .