Singapore opens to Australian cruisers!!

“Cruise-hungry Aussies can now look forward to booking itineraries in Singapore, after the government changed its rules to capture the fly-cruise market.

Previously, cruises in Singapore were only open to residents. The restrictions have now been adjusted to allow non-residents, including international visitors arriving via the Vaccinated Travel Lanes (VTLs) from Sydney and Melbourne, to board these cruises.

“We are delighted to extend our cruises to Australians, and look forward to having more passengers experience our cruises,” Ms Annie Chang, Director, Cruise, Singapore Tourism Board (STB) tells Cruise Passenger.”

More here: 

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/news/exclusive-singapore-welcomes-australians-to-cruise-aboard-its-ships/

Singapore beat ScoMo!

Edited by ollyoeno
More info
  • Like 1

Just checked Singapore's virus stats, much the same as Victoria, 1275 new cases and 3 deaths yesterday.  Having been to Singa several times I reckon they will be very strict on covid prevention, masks, vaccs, testing and social distancing on land and on sea.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Just checked Singapore's virus stats, much the same as Victoria, 1275 new cases and 3 deaths yesterday.  Having been to Singa several times I reckon they will be very strict on covid prevention, masks, vaccs, testing and social distancing on land and on sea.

It's the longest quarantine in the world with a mandatory 20 day hotel stay.

Just think of testing positive before a connecting flight :classic_sad:

2 hours ago, ollyoeno said:

It's the longest quarantine in the world with a mandatory 20 day hotel stay.

Just think of testing positive before a connecting flight :classic_sad:

Exactly why would anyone want to go to Singapore for a 7 day cruise then with a 3 week hotel quarantine?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

Exactly why would anyone want to go to Singapore for a 7 day cruise then with a 3 week hotel quarantine?

True story.

I think I would only just about be happy with a 3 week cruise and 7 day quarantine.

Not the other way round.

7 hours ago, NSWP said:

I'm pretty sure all travel to Singapore has the potential for a quarantine not a requirement if you're in the vaccinated travel lane. So these cruises don't require quarantine before joining.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ollyoeno said:

I'm pretty sure all travel to Singapore has the potential for a quarantine not a requirement if you're in the vaccinated travel lane. So these cruises don't require quarantine before joining.

Agree - AU has been added to the VTL so no quarantine required for eligible visitors.

https://www.mfa.gov.sg/Overseas-Mission/Canberra/Mission-Updates/2021/10/Vaccinated-Travel-Lane---Australia-to-Singapore

Edited by Aussieflyer

2 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

Agree - AU has been added to the VTL so no quarantine required for eligible visitors.

https://www.mfa.gov.sg/Overseas-Mission/Canberra/Mission-Updates/2021/10/Vaccinated-Travel-Lane---Australia-to-Singapore

Yep. Its just the risk of a 20 day quarantine if arriving in Singapore and testing positive after arriving, potentially another 20 after onwards travel air, land or sea. This is why several air routes actually avoid Singapore at present and most western travellers are not incentivised by the risk/reward.