Azamara Quest

panda5

Im seriously thinking about booking a 17 day cruise to Japan on the Azamara Quest for a special birthday and was wondering whether its worth paying the extra for a Club Veranda Plus or just for the balcony cabin.  What are the benefits of one against the other.  Any other tips greatly appreciated i.e. cabin numbers etc.  Many thanks.

Edited by panda5

We were in Veranda Plus, Deck 8, on Quest and just home. The perks we received were one night dining in specialty restaurants for every 7 nights of cruise and 4 different bottles of alcohol. We exchanged the bottles for 2 very nice bottles of wine. Future booked cruises are on Deck 7.

• Like 1

Is there a big difference in price between the 2 cabins ?

A meal and 4 bottles of spirits doesnt seem to add up to that much ?

Is there a difference in the size of cabin/veranda or perhaps a different layout between the two ?

We too are looking to book with Azamara ( not sure where & when at the moment)

Thanks.

No difference in cabin size or layout and beware some of the plus cabins are on deck 8 in quite noisy situations above eg the kitchens/cafe I don’t think they’re worth the extra on a ship where alcohol is already included 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 6

The aft plus cabins have a deeper balcony and of course the wonderful aft view.  For me that is the only reason to book the plus room.  There are some with a forward-facing balcony, for some people that is a view they enjoy (but it does nothing for me). 

Edited by mchell810
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, laurieb said:

If you can swing it, I’d suggest you look at a Club Continent; much larger and a nice big shower

Seriously!  That shower long but not wide and washing my hair I hit the shower door. Also I sit on the floor to use the drawers ..else my lower back in pain. The large chair has folded clothes on it right now and the other left the cabin.at least I can walk around the cabin.  

not liked cabin since 2016.

Club Continent are really spacious- they are our go to treat so Lauries advice is spot on. If you have the usual two large cases per room it’s so easy to store everything in accessible places with space to spare- did 42 days no problem in one and I have mobility issues. 

Roel might like to consider the adapted club continent suites on Deck 6 if they find the Deck 8 suite showers restricting. For context the Deck 8 showers are a fair size much bigger than most of us have at  home in our en suites

• Like 2

7 hours ago, laurieb said:

If you can swing it, I’d suggest you look at a Club Continent; much larger and a nice big shower

Usually I am looking for an option with a bath tub. I makes me feel more like home this way. I mean I dont mind taking only shower, but sometimes it feels so nice to lay down in your own bath

7 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Usually I am looking for an option with a bath tub. I makes me feel more like home this way. I mean I dont mind taking only shower, but sometimes it feels so nice to lay down in your own bath

You can choose a club continental with a tub. Your travel agent can guide you to the room to choose- you can also work it out on the deck plan but it’s small. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

What are 

• Complimentary in-room spirits?

4 x 375 ml bottles of spirits, usually whisky, gin, vodka and rum.  If one of these is not to your taste, you can usually swap them to a second bottle of another spirit.  You get this set up in the suite as well we usually end up either taking them home or giving them away as we just drink in the bars

• Like 1

6 hours ago, uktog said:

Club Continent are really spacious- they are our go to treat so Lauries advice is spot on. If you have the usual two large cases per room it’s so easy to store everything in accessible places with space to spare- did 42 days no problem in one and I have mobility issues. 

Roel might like to consider the adapted club continent suites on Deck 6 if they find the Deck 8 suite showers restricting. For context the Deck 8 showers are a fair size much bigger than most of us have at  home in our en suites

Roel use to love this cabin until,2016 with remodel. So far hit arm on closet door twice setting up safe..noe black and blue.

I can walk very well but the drawers make me crazy as I have to bend down a lot or sit on floor to reach anything. Makes my back hurt.

I now prefer a spa site.less storage in cabin but bathroom mind blowing with storage and shower heads.

like others want a bath. Not had one for a month, sharing a hot tub not going  to work. 

sitting looking at meds,,oils,towels,flowers, and stuff I like to hide anywhere.

20 hours ago, Roel94 said:

Seriously!  That shower long but not wide and washing my hair I hit the shower door. Also I sit on the floor to use the drawers ..else my lower back in pain. The large chair has folded clothes on it right now and the other left the cabin.at least I can walk around the cabin.  

not liked cabin since 2016.

Great size for both of us, more than enough room 

• Like 2

Before people get over concerned about storage size, I’d like to share my tip.  I have a set of these extremely inexpensive lightweight food flat storage cubes that can also be bought on Amazon. 
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/cat/skubb-series-12555/ that have been racking up their air miles in the past and hope to do so again. There are other types on the market. 

We have more than enough space in an ocean view or veranda cabin (both have same footprint) but I use these to organise the shelves the smaller two work great in the dressing table shelves.  I’m one who can’t bear to see clutter out in the room and in this time of extra cleaning by the cabin staff I was particularly careful to be tidy or they can’t do their job properly in September. 

Obviously in a club continent suite I’m spoiled for choice but I use the larger two in the deep drawers.  Never had an issue using the drawers without them, but it’s just a quicker lift one box out if I am looking for something.  So they’re just a speed convenience there.

Again, there is a good amount of storage in a verandah bathroom and quite a significant amount in a club continent - both those with showers and those with the bath and shower combo.

Hope this helps - oh and two comments 

We travel with a lot of “clutter” - books, IT kit, meds etc and the worst bathroom storage on first look for us was the Club Owners suite though again one of the cubes came into play.

Adapt and think, there’s a solution- ask the crew for suggestions they live in much smaller rooms but amass a lot of things so are great at creative solutions (other than get me another cabin!) if you are really stuck 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, laurieb said:

Great size for both of us, more than enough room 

Works for me too Laurie. I think they are lovely rooms. Very comfortable. I particularly like the expanse of the patio door glass which is the width of the cabin and gives a great panoramic view.  Three chairs and a table on the balcony. OK, a spa suite is very nice, but quite an upgrade in fare. 

Phil 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Works for me too Laurie. I think they are lovely rooms. Very comfortable. I particularly like the expanse of the patio door glass which is the width of the cabin and gives a great panoramic view.  Three chairs and a table on the balcony. OK, a spa suite is very nice, but quite an upgrade in fare. 

Phil 

Haven't stayed in a shower-only CC suite, but didn't like the tub/shower combo version.  The tub is elevated a few inches adding to the difficulty of entry/exit, particularly exit.  I am 6'2" and could not stand fully in shower mode without hitting my head on the enclosure ceiling.  There is only one small grab bar and a sharp edged towel bar inside the unit (thankfully we had calm seas).  I am not mobility impaired.

Showers in regular rooms are better for me.

Edited by flyingshoes

1 hour ago, flyingshoes said:

Haven't stayed in a shower-only CC suite, but didn't like the tub/shower combo version.  The tub is elevated a few inches adding to the difficulty of entry/exit, particularly exit.  I am 6'2" and could not stand fully in shower mode without hitting my head on the enclosure ceiling.  There is only one small grab bar and a sharp edged towel bar inside the unit (thankfully we had calm seas).  I am not mobility impaired.

Yes that’s one reason why if I’m booked in a verandah I won’t enter the upgrade lottery. Walk in shower and smaller room is far more preferable for me. Like Phil I do love the space in the club continent room. Not only is the spa suite very expensive for what you get, it’s got a smaller balcony (it’s approximately the same space as a verandah) and up high up front it does move a bit in the seas. 

• Like 1

I'm sailing solo in a P1 aft facing view.  That's my fav view.  I keep getting upgrade emails.  The problem I have is they want the price X2!  Makes any upgrade not worth it for one.  So I'll let someone else play the lottery game and I'll just enjoy the best view I already have!

Guess I don't need the shower for two.  LOL

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

So far this got two spots left arm filling safe or something there..the metal on door hit and there was drip of blood. Years sitting at desk I moved just right and rhe metal from the drawers hit me,,had to call fir help..blood everywhere.

I do use the cube type things, one is full of gym clothes, another bathing suits  etc.two desk drawers loaded with masks, hair brush etc,

meds and oils  ,extra glasses are lined up in desk. Bar just had bar stuff. Above bar towels and body lotion.

barhroom has tooth paste and brush and face wash and face cream, 

make on floor i of barhroom.

3 minutes ago, Roel94 said:

So far this got two spots left arm filling safe or something there..the metal on door hit and there was drip of blood. Years sitting at desk I moved just right and rhe metal from the drawers hit me,,had to call fir help..blood everywhere.

I do use the cube type things, one is full of gym clothes, another bathing suits  etc.two desk drawers loaded with masks, hair brush etc,

meds and oils  ,extra glasses are lined up in desk. Bar just had bar stuff. Above bar towels and body lotion.

barhroom has tooth paste and brush and face wash and face cream, 

make on floor i of barhroom.

Where do you stow your "unmentionables?"  ☺️

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, flyingshoes said:

I'm six foot and the shower/tub combo is ok for me, just. But I can see if you were much taller it would be an issue. I've stayed in the walk in shower cabin and tub one and for me personally I prefer the walk in shower, but they aren't located in my favoured spot, so take the second best bathroom instead. 

Phil 

• Like 2