Is There a Convenience Store Near Port Everglades?

Guardsy

Arriving at Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday morning, taxi'ing over to Port Everglades to board the Regal.

Does anyone have experience with stopping at a convenience store along the route between the airport and pier?  Would like to stop and get some liquid coffee cream for our cabin.

Thank you for any insights.

• Like 1

Both of the options are great if the ship is sailing from Pier 2/4.  I think I saw last week that a Princess ship sailed out of one of the piers on the south side of the port (where HAL, RCCL, X, and Carnival sail from) so  best to check this website https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/ and note that ships may change the terminal they arrive at up to the morning of.  Right now, looks like the Sky is at terminal 2 on the north side near 17th, and the Regal is at 21 on the south side of the port.

• Like 1

Pull up Port Everglades in Google maps and check it out.  Also do a search on the Google maps enlargement for Convenience Stores or Grocery Stores.  A regular search with the term "convenience stores near port everglades"  or "grocery stores near port everglades" would also have worked.

DON

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can walk from pier #2 (primary Princess location) to Walgreens in less than 10 mins.  Publix is a little further.

If you sail from pier #22 (can't recall number exactly but it is the secondary Princess location), there is often a complimentary shuttle from that pier to the parking garage at pier #2, and you can walk from there (unless you prefer the Cab idea).  We just try to save a few bucks and do the walk.

We have dropped off our bags and walked from pier #2.   

Don

5 hours ago, Potstech said:

For a fee most taxis will make a stop in order for you to get something.  Just ask them before you get in to see how much extra it may cost.

Yep, that is my plan.  I have no issue tipping a taxi driver well for the stop and extra time on the meter.  I just didn't want a store to be 5 miles away!  And, once I am onboard, I RARELY get back off at embarkation port if I can avoid it.  Except Tahiti.  We overnighted on the ship in port the first night and went to the flower market the next morning to get amazing bunches of flowers for the cabin.  And a drink.  Or two.

6 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

You can walk from pier #2 (primary Princess location) to Walgreens in less than 10 mins.  Publix is a little further.

If you sail from pier #22 (can't recall number exactly but it is the secondary Princess location), there is often a complimentary shuttle from that pier to the parking garage at pier #2, and you can walk from there (unless you prefer the Cab idea).  We just try to save a few bucks and do the walk.

We have dropped off our bags and walked from pier #2.   

Don

"Publix" is more than just a little further :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lx200gps said:

FWIW, it's exactly 1km between the Walgreens and Publix, maybe a 10 minutes walk.

FWIW...We've stayed at the Hyatt Place right next door to the Publix many times and personally I wouldn't consider or recommend walking from there to Port Everglades.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Ashland said:

FWIW...We've stayed at the Hyatt Place right next door to the Publix many times and personally I wouldn't consider or recommend walking from there to Port Everglades.

As have we. I believe the issue was the distance from T2 to the Walgreens and to the Publix. For many, that's way too far to walk. For us, not at all. We can easily handle that kind of walk, though I wouldn't do it towing suitcases. We have easily walked from the Renaissance to T2 with our suitcases in the past, but that would be about the limit for us ;o)