Hotel in Quebec

Rauld

It has been a while since I have used this site.  Can anyone give me recommendations for hotels in Quebec that we can stay in prior to our cruise?  Not sure how to do a search.  Any help you give will be deeply appreciated.  

There are many hotels in the centre of Québec city. What hotel characteristics are important to you? E.g., cost; luxury or service; proximity to port, railway station, etc.; historic significance; intimacy; etc.

Are you familiar with using google maps to search for hotel options?  

If you pull up Quebec City via a search first, then zoom in and recentre the view to the port area and old Quebec, and then search on "hotels", it will give you a geographical view of nearly all of the hotels in the area.  Or see if this link works for you: 

https://www.google.com/maps/search/hotels/@46.8130605,-71.2080554,16z

Personally, for a pre-cruise hotel, I probably wouldn't limit myself to right by the port but include Old Quebec and just beyond because the distances are short, though not short enough if you are looking to easily roll your luggage over.  And note that Old Quebec is elevated overlooking the port area.  We also found taxis (and even moreso Ubers) can be in short supply during our recent trip.  

We stayed at the Auberge Place d' Armes for a few nights pre-cruise out of Quebec City.

What a wonderful small boutique hotel. Perfect location with many shops and restaurants all around it and right across from the famous Frontenac. We had an amazing front corner room with a great view. You can't go wrong booking this property.

No reason to stay near the port...Since it's an elevation that you can see down to the port....the hotel called us a taxi and it was an easy ride. Please don't book a hotel to be near the port...you want to be up in the old town area.

Edited by Ashland

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 9:36 AM, onelegcraig said:

Anyone have experience of Springhill Suites by Marriott?

Not that one but I have stayed at Delta Hotel by Marriott a number of times in Quebec City.

Delta Hotels use to be a Canadian hotel chain that was taken over by Marriott a number of years ago.  Mid-to-upper-end market without being over the top.   I have never stayed at a bad Delta Hotel.  Given the build layout the rooms do have weird shapes, but that is ok.

I have stayed at other Springhill Suites, but not the Quebec City one.  They remind me of a Delta but all suits. if that makes any sense.

Edited by em-sk
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 9:58 AM, em-sk said:

I have stayed at other Springhill Suites, but not the Quebec City one.  They remind me of a Delta but all suits. if that makes any sense.

AFAIK, there is no Springhill Suites in Quebec City. Suspect the poster was thinking of the one in Montreal.

• Like 1