Help with hotel before Galveston cruise

nanseev

I’m hoping to get some help with picking a hotel for one night before my cruise.  We fly into Hobby arriving around 8 or 9pm. I originally booked Courtyard by Marriott Hobby that has a shuttle to the hotel from the airport.  We were planning on then taking a Lyft/Uber the next morning to the cruise port.  I’m now having second thoughts after reading the numerous posts about hotels the night before, and I’m now debating staying in Galveston.  

We are not renting a car, so we would Uber/Lyft from the airport to the hotel, and then hotel to cruise port on our cruise day.  After researching, I’ve looked at Baymont by Windham Galveston and Springhill Suites in Galveston.  The Galveston hotels are only about $30-$40 more which isn’t a deal-breaker for me - I’m more interested in ease of travel and as little stress as possible.

I guess I’m worrying about traffic the morning of the cruise (unknown), and how easy it will be to get Ubers/Lyfts.

Suggestions? Change or stay with what I have?  Anyone have any advice on one of the hotels I mentioned - good or bad, or even something I didn’t mention?  I usually like the Marriott/Hilton level stays & sometimes the brands with free breakfast), so not looking for Days Inn level or even Hampton level, but not a Four Seasons level either.

thanks for any advice you can offer…if it matters, the stay is Dec 18th for one night.

Edited by nanseev

There is a shuttle between Hobby Airport (and IAH) to Galveston. Look at Galvestonexpress.com for more information.  So you could keep your hotel plan, returning to the airport for the shuttle.  On a Sunday the traffic will not be bad until you get near the port.  Being on a shuttle, they know exactly where to go for each cruise line terminal. 

I would recommend checking the Courtyard location and make sure their dining options are up and running.  Happy travels!

17 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

You might also want to look at different ways to get to Galveston. It's a 45 minute to an hour trip from Hobby. You need to find an Uber driver who is willing to make the drive, hoping to get a return fare.

Uber does not pay access fee to terminals . You will be let off outside of area and have to walk in . Use Lyft , galveston express or others . 

Edited by ssb

On 12/3/2021 at 8:06 AM, MSS-Texas said:

There is a shuttle between Hobby Airport (and IAH) to Galveston. Look at Galvestonexpress.com for more information.  So you could keep your hotel plan, returning to the airport for the shuttle.  On a Sunday the traffic will not be bad until you get near the port.  Being on a shuttle, they know exactly where to go for each cruise line terminal. 

I would recommend checking the Courtyard location and make sure their dining options are up and running.  Happy travels!

Thank you for the shuttle website! I wasn’t aware of that.