World Navigator Antarctica cruise report, anyone?

internetbeth

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 6:01 PM, Traveler2222 said:

The provided boots and jacket are great. Better to have pants on the outside so you are less likely to get water in your boots. (Ask me how I know!) Be SURE your pants are waterproof before you go. I bought some on Amazon that said they were waterproof but were not. When a wave crashes into the zodiac you'll quickly have a soggy bottom if they're not. Luckily, the onboard shop sold Helly Hanson waterproof pants, and had my size.

Some expeditions were colder than others; one day was snowy and choppy seas, but our last day was sunny and the ocean was calm. Better to be prepared. Warm leggings and waterproof pants worked for me, but I wore a lot of layers on top: a tank, a close base layer, a turtleneck and a heated vest. I was absolutely burning up after putting on my expedition parka and life jacket, but felt comfortable once outside on the zodiac or on land. Make sure you have good waterproof gloves, a good hat, and glasses or goggles. Some people had ski goggles that made sense. A warm neck gaiter or similar is also helpful. You need very little clothing for non-expedition hours. Leggings and a top and warm, easy to take off booties were about all I wore. i also had a warm jacket for going out on deck. It can be very windy...

Sorry for the photo - every which way I attach it it turns out upside down!

IMG_2534.thumb.jpeg.c03d4b9623c4690f57a0fd302aaa93c1.jpeg

Traveler2222 - thank you for sharing the info and picture. I was under the impression that the parka is green in color. Was there a different parka? Thanks.

10 hours ago, Tobbie888 said:

Traveler2222 - thank you for sharing the info and picture. I was under the impression that the parka is green in color. Was there a different parka? Thanks.

There was a shortage of some sizes of the green parkas (supply chain issues). Atlas had the red parkas to borrow for the excursions and promised to send the green parka to your home after the cruise. 

• 2 weeks later...