Live on Caribbean Princess 12/12 12/19

Eddie1

Question:

If anyone onboard happens to be up near Skywalker's during the day, could you check and see if it is being used for anything specific each day?  If so, has it been 'crowded"(couldn't really see the patters posted online here too well).

Thanks 

On the 11/28 sailing, we had our Meet & Greet on the first sea day up there. They held the Elite cocktail hour there, and there was a wedding one afternoon. So it may vary a lot how full it is at any given time.

4 hours ago, runner2013 said:

MJC,

On the day they had the wedding was the whole place closed to the 'public' or was there just a section blocked off?

Thanks

They closed the whole place to the public. There was a sign at the bottom of the escalator which was turned off.

Edited by MJC
Spelling
  • Like 1

How are they handling Covid testing during the cruise?  I am just wondering with the new Omicron variant if they are doing more than they were previously to check for this since it is so fast moving.  Are they taking temperatures or providing testing other than the testing required within 48 hours of embarkation?  There are 12 of us in a group cruising in a couple of weeks and I am worried that something is just not going  to go right.  We are all vaccinated and boosted but it is still nerve wracking! 

21 hours ago, runner2013 said:

Question:

If anyone onboard happens to be up near Skywalker's during the day, could you check and see if it is being used for anything specific each day?  If so, has it been 'crowded"(couldn't really see the patters posted online here too well).

Thanks 

Been up there a few times. I don't think many activities during the day are happening up there. At 46% capacity it's never crowded. Since I would say the average age on board is around 60, even late at night there aren't many people (maybe 25) Still a great place to go at all times the view is wonderful.

16 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

Been up there a few times. I don't think many activities during the day are happening up there. At 46% capacity it's never crowded. Since I would say the average age on board is around 60, even late at night there aren't many people (maybe 25) Still a great place to go at all times the view is wonderful.

It looks like the Piazza is not having those continuous games and activities going on all day.  Most be a lot more

peaceful.  Lol

• Like 1

Hi all,

Another question for those of you onboard now. If you happen to be in the salon could you check and see if the offer makeup services if you were to bring your own products? I'm guessing no because of Covid but figured i'd toss it out there anyway.

Thanks again for your help

21 hours ago, runner2013 said:

(couldn't really see the patters posted online here too well).

On a computer:

o Click on the Patter photo. It will then show the photo in the same size.

o Click on the new photo. It will open up a new tab with the photo the same size.

o Click on the photo in the new tab. It will enlarge the photo so it is much easier to read the Patter.

2 hours ago, geoherb said:

Not currently 

awww, that's too bad. I do a wonderful rendition of Tom Jones 

Tom Jones GIFs | Tenor

and then it's not unusual for me to take a few day's to recover afterwards.  😄

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, bob10173 said:

No Karaoke??

Another result of the pandemic.

If an infected person sings, there is more chance of the virus spreading than there is if the same person was just talking.

Yes, all passengers are tested for covid before embarkation, but if a person has the virus but has not yet developed enough covid particles to be detected by the test, a passenger with covid can be on the cruise.

On 12/16/2021 at 6:10 PM, runner2013 said:

Question:

If anyone onboard happens to be up near Skywalker's during the day, could you check and see if it is being used for anything specific each day?  If so, has it been 'crowded"(couldn't dally see the patters posted online here too well).

Thanks 

On our 11/28 cruise in the Patter there was a scheduled Knitter and Knatters in Skywalkers for 9AM and she was the only one that showed up. Before the Pandemic there were usually 4 or 5 ladies in attendance.

No movies under the stars for the last night? 😦

Has Luggage Valet (where for a $25 charge your luggage is picked up from your cabin like everyone else's but then also delivered to the airport) been offered on this cruise?

Edited by chamima

We are on our last day of the cruise. I must say cruising at 46% is a dream. The service has been out standing. If I ordered a drink for the cabin, it took as little as 4 minutes to be delivered. The restaurant service was spectacular. We gave a decent extra tip for great service. The night time entertainment was average. The food was typical cruise food good to very good. I loved the Princess Plus package, will never sail non all inclusive again. The ship is as pretty as I remember it, this was my fourth time on CP. All in all a great way to return to cruising. Too bad we will go back to full capacity sailing, but this was a special time. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, c-boy said:

awww, that's too bad. I do a wonderful rendition of Tom Jones 

Tom Jones GIFs | Tenor

and then it's not unusual for me to take a few day's to recover afterwards.  😄

With your rendition of TJ and mine of E, we will have it covered  image.gif.913ec18ec31d2bd57ca553f782b434c4.gif

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

We are on our last day of the cruise. I must say cruising at 46% is a dream. The service has been out standing. If I ordered a drink for the cabin, it took as little as 4 minutes to be delivered. The restaurant service was spectacular. We gave a decent extra tip for great service. The night time entertainment was average. The food was typical cruise food good to very good. I loved the Princess Plus package, will never sail non all inclusive again. The ship is as pretty as I remember it, this was my fourth time on CP. All in all a great way to return to cruising. Too bad we will go back to full capacity sailing, but this was a special time. 

Did you order that drink via the TV, phone or the App?

Also, is it true that we can now order both Cappuccino type coffees and alcoholic drinks to our cabin with no extra charge ( except a nice tip for the delivery person if we so choose) if we have the drink package?

On 12/14/2021 at 4:13 PM, CineGraphic said:

St. Kitts has relaxed restrictions, and all vaccinated cruisers are free to venture out independently, however masks are required and proof of vaccine must be shown to enter stores and attractions.

Related to showing proof of vaccination, do you have to bring the actual card or can you use a digital version of your vax records ?