Short Excursion Best Price guarantee form issues

JMKreno

We will be on the 6 day Carnival miracle cruise to Cabo/Ensenada on December 29. We booked the Whale Watching tour in Cabo but I was able to find the exact same excursion/same day through another vendor. However when I go to the form to submit, only a small list of excursions appears, some that aren't even available, so I cannot submit the form because our excursion is not on the form. I tried my PVP but they said they can't help.

All fails, we will book direct, but we really would like the extra 10% in OBC since the difference is pretty notable. They are exact matches in every way. 

Any suggestions?

I had an issue and was told to submit the form once on board the Panorama for Las Caletas Beach excursion as the tour operator offers it for $104 direct but Carnival offers it at $165. Well, that did not go well. Shore Excursions desk on board denied my claim because their excuse was the tour companies web site was offering a “discount” on price and they will only match to the original price. But the discount is offered from the tour company anytime you book 3 or more days in advance which of course anyone is going to do. 

4 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Carnival playing fast and loose with the rules again. 😲

Is listing the excursions on the form new? I don't remember that being there when we received the discount and OBC for a Carnival excursion in Barbados, years and years ago (IIRC in 2016).

And I am just waiting for the post defending this from their #1 cheeleader.😉

So I called Carnival. Talk about a load of crap. The agent told me that "Carnival does not honor 3rd party excursion pricing at this time as local ports restrict cruise passengers from booking shore excursions and activities on-shore". 

I did not even know what to say? I asked where it says that and I got bunch of runaround and that covered under the "where they follow local rules and guidelines" section of the contract. I guess someone should tell the Port of Cabo San Lucas that the dozens of vendors at the tender pier are violating local law....and those websites actively looking for cruise passengers. 

He would not escalate me to a supervisor and frankly it took forever to get someone I may just end up booking privately. Annoying...

Edited by JMKreno