SD 2 1/03/2022 roll call

5star4me

21 hours ago, Zimmy said:

We will be joining you. We will be on for New Year's, and we're staying for the second week. Cannot wait! 

We look forward to meeting you.

Keep us posted how the New Years week goes

I don't think SeaDream has ever done this itinerary before.  We have sailed out of San Juan, but never as far north as the Bahamas.  I just went on the Turks and Caicos Islands website, and they require a COVID certification for all visitors.  I assume we have to do that.

We are currently booked on the Jan 30 SD2 departure from Palm Beach to San Juan with stops in the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, and the Dominican Republic.  I did some preliminary research on requirements of all three a few weeks ago.  Things might have changed now with the Omicron Variant being so prevalent, but when I checked here is what I found:

Bahamas -- A form was needed, Vaccines were required, and a negative test 5 days prior to the visit.

Turks and Caicos -- A negative test was required 3 days before arrival.  I don't remember vaccine requirements, but I since SD is requiring them, that shouldn't be an issue. (Note: I wrote to SD on this as we would be on the ship for the three days prior to arrival and was told that they would supply the needed tests onboard for a cost of $100.)

Dominican Republic -- I found no specific requirement.  

San Juan -- We arrived in San Juan after the westbound TA and there was no issue.  Possibly because we are US Citizens.  

I advise everyone to check the needed requirements when it gets a bit closer to departure, as things are changing in many location.

2 hours ago, BeignetBoy said:

We are currently booked on the Jan 30 SD2 departure from Palm Beach to San Juan with stops in the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, and the Dominican Republic.  I did some preliminary research on requirements of all three a few weeks ago.  Things might have changed now with the Omicron Variant being so prevalent, but when I checked here is what I found:

Bahamas -- A form was needed, Vaccines were required, and a negative test 5 days prior to the visit.

Turks and Caicos -- A negative test was required 3 days before arrival.  I don't remember vaccine requirements, but I since SD is requiring them, that shouldn't be an issue. (Note: I wrote to SD on this as we would be on the ship for the three days prior to arrival and was told that they would supply the needed tests onboard for a cost of $100.)

Dominican Republic -- I found no specific requirement.  

San Juan -- We arrived in San Juan after the westbound TA and there was no issue.  Possibly because we are US Citizens.  

I advise everyone to check the needed requirements when it gets a bit closer to departure, as things are changing in many location.

We are on the SDII New Year's cruise, and the one following which goes to these ports. When my husband read the requirements for Turks and Caicos, he reached out to SD regarding the facilitation of these requirements. Is SD going to provide testing the three days or five days prior to arrival (for those that want to go ashore) and then transmit the results of those tests to the authorities? It would be a bit overwhelming if each passenger had to individually report the test results, especially with the wifi on SD. If vaccination is required for an island stop, will SD send the proof of vaccination to the authorities, since SD already has that information? SD responded to us to say that they are investigating. 

Good Questions... I am also wondering if the test that SD will conduct prior to boarding in Palm Beach will suffice for the Bahamas, or do we need to do something before we leave.  It will be interesting.  And we booked this under the "Dream with Confidence Plan" which I think gives us until January 16 to make a go/no go decision.  We would get a credit for a future cruise, but not a refund. 

Who would have thought that we'd still be dealing with Covid at this time?  And to this extent.

Also, I forgot to mention that I also wrote the the authorities in Turks and Caicos, and explained that I would be on a ship and would have a hard time with the 3 day issue, and the response was that we must get it done.

Please post how this is handled during or after your cruise so that we can make a good decision here.

Thanks

Zimmy and I will try to keep you informed as we go, subject, of course, to internet connections.  And if I get a response from SD before we leave home on Christmas Day, I will post.  Zimmy read on FB that SD1 did a bubble excursion on Bequia to a resort.  I suppose that meant no lobster pizza at Mac's.

Just received word from the Chief Purser that the rules for Turks and Caicos apply to persons debarking and staying on the islands, and not for the transit call.  He said we do not need to complete their form.  At this point, we have sent the SD info to Concierge Jovana and are still waiting for the covid test results so we can do the St. Thomas portal, which the airline requires for boarding.  I'm not going to think about the Bahamas yet, since I have enough anxiety about just getting on the plane.  DD and family are in San Juan, and they didn't have to jump through any hoops.  I'll let you know when the "vacation" begins.

On 12/15/2021 at 9:51 PM, Zimmy said:

We will be joining you. We will be on for New Year's, and we're staying for the second week. Cannot wait! 

We look forward to meeting you.

How’s the first leg of your Journey?  Any updates?