When will Silversea cancel the Muse Japan cruises???

PaulMCO

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

Being able to book a flight and it actually happening is a completely different issue I’m afraid. There have been many cases where scheduled flights are cancelled closer to the expected date of departure. Not saying that’s the case for your flight transiting through Japan - but it’s possible 

I agree—-are cruise is a while away.  But we did have a flight booked that was a go viaTokyo on to Thailand for Feb this year—-but didn’t feel safe for this trip (land, not a cruise).

• Like 1

There have been several Australians flying to Europe via Japan. There is no trouble transiting. However several have had overnight transits at Haneda and had problems.

None of the lounges are open overnight neither is the airside transit hotel.You are not allowed to go through Immigration so it is an uncomfortable night in the terminal. One fellow on JAL flying business class did say the FAs provided him with a pillow and blanket.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drron29 said:

There have been several Australians flying to Europe via Japan. There is no trouble transiting. However several have had overnight transits at Haneda and had problems.

Just watch out the connections are actually both at the same airport - I’ve seen JAL flight connections that required movement between Narita and Haneda which could be very difficult in the present environment 

8 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Just watch out the connections are actually both at the same airport - I’ve seen JAL flight connections that required movement between Narita and Haneda which could be very difficult in the present environment 

Difficult and time-consuming under the best of circumstances. I was caught in this once (my stupid mistake) but after calling the booking carrier (UA) I was able to change the connection to all Haneda on ANA.

19 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Actually it is now impossible. We were flying into HND on JAL in mid April and transferring SQ to go on to SIN. Then SQ transferred that flight to go out of NRT. We were informed that was impossible as currently you are not allowed into Japan period so our only possible flight was one leaving after midnight. 

That means we have cancelled both of those flights.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, safari111 said:

Some of us use CC for news! Since those of us booked on Muse in Mar/Apr monitor this thread , if you have jokes etc plz start another topic. Thank you

I'd look for a more reliable source if you rely on this place for your news. I Personally like dad jokes.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 2/7/2022 at 11:00 PM, Stickman1990 said:

Not difficult—they won’t allow it.

20 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

That’s simply  not correct - it’s quite possible and they will allow it. that's exactly why I said - I don't make things up....

I did an award booking via Qantas on JAL from Seattle nd then Tokyo to Sydney for May 2022 (following the Silversea Tokyo - Vancouver cruise which we’ve now cancelled)  - all one booking number but two flights and it required a transfer from Narita to Haneda 

Here's an extract from the ticket for the avoidance of doubt

851834514_Screenshot2022-02-12130920.jpg.b32330c4c8ad823257612600e06e41fe.jpg

Edited by Stickman1990

25 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

14 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

That’s simply  not correct - it’s quite possible and they will allow it. that's exactly why I said - I don't make things up....

You are both right.

When Stickman made his booking, the rules permitted a inter-airport transfer.  So that part is valid.

Ronrick is stating the current regulations.  So it's a matter of time frame.

From the US Embassy in Japan website:

"Travelers seeking to transit Japan en route to onward international destinations may continue to do so without quarantine as long as the transit occurs within the same airport and no overnight stay is required."

https://jp.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/  (dated Feb 7th, 2022)

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

JAL was probably playing the waiting game.....just like SS is doing.

Unfortunately that is the case. Given the speed the Moon and Whispers South American plans fell apart.... Along with the speed that South America on block all came of red lists, it's understandable I suppose.

In this instance it's particularly annoying as we do want to travel in May and have passed over some incredible deals because of this commitment. We could cancel, but if we do, we lose the VS double days and the value given back I suspect will be a lot less than if we wait for SS to pull the plug.

I'm not entirely sure I fancy a flight around the world in the Northern hemisphere In the current climate and implications for arriving in Japan after a long transit stopover in Dubai. The logistics and uncertainties for the requirements make too many stresses that a journey for pleasure bring.

7 hours ago, les37b said:

I'm not entirely sure I fancy a flight around the world in the Northern hemisphere In the current climate and implications for arriving in Japan after a long transit stopover in Dubai. The logistics and uncertainties for the requirements make too many stresses that a journey for pleasure bring.

The Dubai airport can be a great spot for a longer connection.  Maybe not on the level of Singapore, but certainly better than many other airports in the world.

One thing to do is to research the airport, so you'll know in advance what you can take advantage of.

Edited by FlyerTalker
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 2:09 PM, FlyerTalker said:

The Dubai airport can be a great spot for a longer connection.  Maybe not on the level of Singapore, but certainly better than many other airports in the world.

One thing to do is to research the airport, so you'll know in advance what you can take advantage of.

Its not the airport I'm concerned about... its missing connecting long haul flights and being stranded. 

I once got stranded in Singapore because there were no flights for a week!

49 minutes ago, les37b said:

Its not the airport I'm concerned about... its missing connecting long haul flights and being stranded. 

I once got stranded in Singapore because there were no flights for a week!

There has to be much more to this story than just missing a connection.  I find it hard to believe that you could not get from Singapore back to the UK within a week.

• Like 1