Sydney...Storing luggage and something to do for day ?

Louand66

We are hopefully taking a Princess cruise in November from Sydney and finishing there but our flight home isn't until 10.30pm in the evening.

Is there somewhere we can store our cases when we get off the boat for the day ?

Also What would you recommend doing for the day on last day in Sydney for the day.

Many thanks all.... 

Sydney baggage storage.

For one day in Sydney I would recommend sticking around Circular Quay.

Walk through The Rocks.

Catch a ferry to Manly and go to the beach.

Or a ferry to Watsons Bay for sightseeing along the ocean cliffs and lunch at the pub.

Ferry to Taronga Zoo.

If you have time, visit the Opera House.

In Sydney in November, sunset is about 7:30pm so there is extra daylight for sightseeing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Visit the maritime Museum (they've got the replica of the Endeavour which you can go onboard as well as a Submarine and Destroyer), it's great. Also near-by is Madam Tussuards wax museum and the Sea Life Aquarium. All in Darling Harbour. 

The only secure luggage storage in Sydney I know of is at Sydney Central train station. It is perhaps not too convenient distance wise from Circular Quay where your ship is likely to dock. But it is just a short taxi ride or direct train ride. Better than schlepping your stuff around with you.

Attraction wise, and if you are feeling moderately energetic,  a Harbour Bridge Climb is a sensational way to see Sydney. It is not cheap, but you get a 3+ hours experience I can't recommend highly enough. Worth every Cent. There are guided tours of the Sydney Opera house, including some backstage options. If you are lucky, there is a matinee performance of something at the opera house. A good way to rest your legs for a few hours.

10 hours ago, buchhalm said:

The only secure luggage storage in Sydney I know of is at Sydney Central train station. It is perhaps not too convenient distance wise from Circular Quay where your ship is likely to dock. But it is just a short taxi ride or direct train ride. Better than schlepping your stuff around with you.

Attraction wise, and if you are feeling moderately energetic,  a Harbour Bridge Climb is a sensational way to see Sydney. It is not cheap, but you get a 3+ hours experience I can't recommend highly enough. Worth every Cent. There are guided tours of the Sydney Opera house, including some backstage options. If you are lucky, there is a matinee performance of something at the opera house. A good way to rest your legs for a few hours.

There are a few more, though I’m not sure which are still open after Covid lockdowns, there was one just near Circular Quay Station, when in the clock tower shopping centre just up from the OPT, one at World Square, easiest way May be to Google and then contact those that look best for you.

4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

There are a few more, though I’m not sure which are still open after Covid lockdowns, there was one just near Circular Quay Station, when in the clock tower shopping centre just up from the OPT, one at World Square, easiest way May be to Google and then contact those that look best for you.

True. There were/are a few more luggage storage places closer to Circular Quay. Most seem to be within conveniencestores, which I personally find a bit dodgy 

Another place I found on line, but not seen in real life or used is this place.

https://usebounce.com/city/sydney?slug=hE3srC

• 1 month later...