**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002

CeleBrat

I just ordered from eMed - the expiration date was November 2022. We will be using them for our Feb. 14th Elation cruise as well as our Nov. 20th Equinox cruise. We are flying out on the evening of Feb. 13th, and will test the day before. I am also planning on a last-minute test before we head out to the airport on the 13th, using one of the free tests our state provides.

2 hours ago, snowballs mom said:

I just ordered from eMed - the expiration date was November 2022.

Me too, Emed tests arrived last week, with 11/2022 expiration, but if you want to order less than 6, Optum sells the exact same tests in smaller quantities. I did that last time around when I wasn't sure we'd be able to use all 6 before they expired.

I just ordered the tests for hubby and I under my eMed account. I have set up separate Navica accounts (apps) for us on each of our phones. Will we both be able to take the tests off of the one eMed account? Or do I need to set up another eMed account for hubby?

My hubby took the PRC test at our local CVS on Friday. Today, (Monday) he received the results … took 3 days. While Carnival requires 2 day test time maximum.   Had we had a cruise booked, we would have missed it obviously. I cannot find Binax anywhere online. Wednesday I’ll try to secure the tests Biden is promising.  ThoughI need to read up on it, not sure how or what the individual needs “to do”. 🤷🏻‍♀️

IF I book exactly 13 days out till CVS opens another day up for the Antigen (PRC tests) my area CVS’s do have test times available. Just have to book that first day they open, or all the time slots or gone.

Obviously, the key is in planning ahead.  We go on the Panorama in late March. So, I’ve marked my calendar with the exact day to go online to book that Antigen test. 

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

I just bought a 6 pack from EMed. Just so everyone knows, they've raised their prices. All in with shipping and taxes your looking at $198 so roughly $33 per kit. Also, the ones I received all have an expiration date of 12/02/2022. Took two days to receive. I ordered them on a Thursday and received on Saturday. Got them way quicker than I thought would. 

2 hours ago, bdever said:

Hi Bobbi,

I always book on CVS.com 14 days out from the 48 hours prior to embarkation as CVS’s site is only 14 day advance window. I book for the CVS in Santa Monica or the one in Westwood. 

Have you tried https://www.doctornow.net/? They just opened a new location in West LA near the VA hospital on Santa Monica Blvd. 20 min rapid antigen and next day pcr tests. You can even ask them to do both tests at the same time as private insurance covers it. I have been utilizing the Beverly Hills one and they are super quick.

12 minutes ago, CruisingFromLA said:

Have you tried https://www.doctornow.net/? They just opened a new location in West LA near the VA hospital on Santa Monica Blvd. 20 min rapid antigen and next day pcr tests. You can even ask them to do both tests at the same time as private insurance covers it. I have been utilizing the Beverly Hills one and they are super quick.

My insurance doesn’t kick in until March so probably going to pass but thanks 😊 

On 1/13/2022 at 6:59 PM, wesorbeth said:

I have four tests we won't be able to use for our April cruise, I ordered them in October and the "extended" expiration is Jan. 15th, I will be ordering more soon...

I just read that the CDC extended expiration dates on Abbott tests again 

13 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

We are just over a month away and I decided I better start figuring out the best testing for us. Is eMed a good source? When I look at their page it says they sell 6 tests for $150. We will need 2 for our March cruise and 2 for a May cruise. I assume we can use the 6 for both cruises?  We thought about doing the testing at port but it’s much more expensive. Our cruise leaves on a Sunday, and we fly to Florida the day before, so I’m thinking test on Friday. Any better options? Our local Walgreens have all been booked up solid from what I’ve seen. TIA!

Walgreens test slots open one week prior, CVS 2 weeks prior 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

I just ordered the tests for hubby and I under my eMed account. I have set up separate Navica accounts (apps) for us on each of our phones. Will we both be able to take the tests off of the one eMed account? Or do I need to set up another eMed account for hubby?

We set up separate accounts.

13 hours ago, snowballs mom said:

I just ordered from eMed - the expiration date was November 2022. We will be using them for our Feb. 14th Elation cruise as well as our Nov. 20th Equinox cruise. We are flying out on the evening of Feb. 13th and will test the day before. I am also planning on a last-minute test before we head out to the airport on the 13th, using one of the free tests our state provides.

Check your expiration dates again, my test kits specifically state 11-06-2022. 

Four of us booked a PCR test with CVS on Thursday, 1/6 at 10AM and every 15 minutes thereafter.  Our sailing out of Miami was on 1/8.  The results never came in until 9:45 PM on Saturday night which was 6 hours after the 3 pm sailing so don't trust CVS with their 2 day promise if you need results by mid-day.  Luckily we could be tested at Carnival's terminal with rapid testing at a cost of $100. 

Latest update is we returned on Sunday 1/16 and so far 3 of us have tested positive with Covid. 

Do I need to contact Carnival?

10 hours ago, cmichael1221 said:

Remember insurance should cover these tests now too!

Only partially true. Some insurance companies have agreed to cover a portion of the costs but not all. i.e BCBS of Texas is covering up to $12 per test once a month.Never assume.

Am I too early to be concerned about testing?  May 3rd on Freedom from Seattle, flying in from Reno.  Not first Alaska cruise, so no unmissable plans, solo trip (easy-peasy) and fully vaxxed as of now......    Have had two negative tests in recent months - whew!  I will try to get my tests ordered tomorrow and keep planning on going.  Good thoughts to everyone with very near sailing dates!  👍🚢🌛