Very confused.

Dolebludger

We last cruised Celebrity in 2017 (on a music cruise in a Celebrity suite)  and in 2018 in a Royal suite. Back then, if we booked suite class, we had included tips, WiFi, and drinks anywhere on the ship. Now I see “Always included” and “Cruise only” pricing, and we are confused. If we cruise Celebrity again, we will want it to be totally all inclusive. How do we interpret all these categories? 

9 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

We last cruised Celebrity in 2017 (on a music cruise in a Celebrity suite)  and in 2018 in a Royal suite. Back then, if we booked suite class, we had included tips, WiFi, and drinks anywhere on the ship. Now I see “Always included” and “Cruise only” pricing, and we are confused. If we cruise Celebrity again, we will want it to be totally all inclusive. How do we interpret all these categories? 

If it was a full charter cruise pricing will be different than if you're booking a regular cruise. 

Just to clarify, our 2018 cruise was not a chartered music cruise. It was a regular Alaska cruise. On that cruise we found, by booking in suite class, we could have included drinks at any lounge on the ship, including the martini bar. We liked that. Is it still that way? 

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

to clarify:  a Suite guarantee does not include drink package, gratuities, or OBC....  if you choose your cabin,  all those should be included.   

I just did a mock booking for a suite, and selected a guarantee rate. (Nonrefundable deposit). On the checkout page it clearly showed that those benefits were included. Guarantee cabins (not suites) do NOT include those benefits.

Edited by mom says

19 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

The cruise only pricing is not what you want to look at. It would only get you a guaranteed room, not a specific room assignment.

Not true.

We are cruising in a month on Celebrity.

We had a choice of two fares for our cabin that we picked: cruise only or always included.

4 hours ago, mom says said:

I just did a mock booking for a suite, and selected a guarantee rate. (Nonrefundable deposit). On the checkout page it clearly showed that those benefits were included. Guarantee cabins (not suites) do NOT include those benefits.

I currently have a suite guarantee booked, no perks 😞.  would love to know how you managed this 🙂

23 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

I currently have a suite guarantee booked, no perks 😞.  would love to know how you managed this 🙂

We have an S2 in Nov, but based on the potential savings, I'd be willing to flip to a guarantee. Problem is that when I tried, the very first thing it does is flip the card to specifically call out that Drinks, Wi-Fi and Tips are not included. Would it be possible that it might be for select sailings?