bucket list cruise destinations

Gday All,

great to see so many experienced cruisers sharing their experiences.

World Cruise might have to build up to that, longest cruise so far 12 nights! 😁

Galapagos - yes please!

Anyone cruised with Coral Expeditions, what did you think?

any pics of rooms/suites please?

we love snorkelling, that's what we do..

Maldives(honeymoon) - OW bungalows are the best!

Hawaii x 2

Fiji about 5 times - hopefully going to Matamanoa Island this year, i have EVERYTHING crossed!

Lord Howe Island - stunning

Lady Elliott Island - awesome

Heron Island - awesome

Wilson Island - bloody awesome

I think i need a bigger note pad!

Cheers

Craig

1 hour ago, NumnuT_OZ said:

Gday All,

great to see so many experienced cruisers sharing their experiences.

World Cruise might have to build up to that, longest cruise so far 12 nights! 😁

Galapagos - yes please!

Anyone cruised with Coral Expeditions, what did you think?

any pics of rooms/suites please?

we love snorkelling, that's what we do..

Maldives(honeymoon) - OW bungalows are the best!

Hawaii x 2

Fiji about 5 times - hopefully going to Matamanoa Island this year, i have EVERYTHING crossed!

Lord Howe Island - stunning

Lady Elliott Island - awesome

Heron Island - awesome

Wilson Island - bloody awesome

I think i need a bigger note pad!

Cheers

Craig

Love Lord Howe Island, we spent a week there that was amazing😍. Mostly hiking for us than snorkelling. Did an over water bungalow in Mo'orea which was a nice experience (had a good reef too for snorkelling) to cross off the bucket list but wasn't great enough that I would want to do it again😂

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Done Business Class on Qantas, Air NZ and Cathay, not much difference between them.   But I don't know if it was really worth it.  I am a nervous flier even though done dozens of long haul flights to The Americas, UK, Europe. I am even too nervous to eat, let alone sleep.  When the turbulence starts which it nearly always does, I have to have a few mini bottles of scotch from the flight attendant to calm me down.

Give me a ship anytime, at least I can swim lol. I watch too many of those 'Aircraft Accident Investigation shows on Youtube.

I would prefer to fly economy and use the money for extra cruises or tours. That said I have flown Business due to upgrades numerous  times and have enjoyed it, just cannot justify the extra expense.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I would prefer to fly economy and use the money for extra cruises or tours. That said I have flown Business due to upgrades numerous  times and have enjoyed it, just cannot justify the extra expense.

I'm with you Mic, you get there at the same time, & the extra cost just cannot be justified in my mind. In recent years (pre-covid) I 'earned', with my work & age 🙂, the 'right' for business class travel on work trips, and did take some flights up front, but it just doesn't make sense to me to spend that much extra, even when it's not my money.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I would prefer to spend a few nights on a stopover half way, better for you and cheaper.

We always stopped over in HK or Singapore for a few days, irrespective of the class travelled in, but still a nightmare.

Edited by NSWP

54 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I would prefer to spend a few nights on a stopover half way, better for you and cheaper.

When we flew overseas with the children, we flew economy and took holidays in South Pacific islands on way over and Hawaii on way back.  That then became part of the holiday.  

The only time we flew direct to UK via US, was with double points.  We later flew business class to Japan on points.

I am definitely a stop over person. I did once business class on Etihad. And while I enjoyed the beds it wasn't as easy to get to sleep as I hoped because other passengers were ordering meals and drinks so the cart kept rattling up and down and the lights never went off since people were eating at random times. BC just doesn't compare to a nice hotel room, so I would rather put my money into a nice stopover with a nice hotel.