Can’t get travel insurance

silversurf

10 minutes ago, silversurf said:

If I have booked a cruise then can’t get travel insurance due to age and medical conditions, can I get my deposit back from the cruise company?

What company?

Just a hypothetical question really. But we have booked with P and O for 2023. I have tried to get a few quotes from different companies.

some won’t cover my medical conditions, I will be 78 when we sail and some don’t cover over 75s

Had to get quotes for this year as most don’t cover more than 12 months ahead.

1 hour ago, silversurf said:

If I have booked a cruise then can’t get travel insurance due to age and medical conditions

We were in a similar  position  in December  we had  2 cruises booked for later this year  that we

booked using FCCs   from March 2020 !       As that was a bonus  we didnt bother getting insurance for

2021  so our previous policy was  from May 2019. 

We  wanted to book an expensive cruise for nov 22  and as we were parting with real cash 

decided to get cover before we booked.    Of course we were a few years older but pre conditions were the same but I think anything breathing or heart related now flag up  as even more serious due to the

affect covid might have on these conditions.    Anyway we managed to scrape through with the 5th or

6th co we asked  and a hefty  medical excess!

I think part of the trouble was we wanted a worldwide annual policy as having 3 cruises  it made  sense to

to do that.    It was around £900   so that is  £150  each per cruise   which   is like £10 a day  each.

Didnt turn out too well in the end as  we didnt book the  last cruise as Omicron came on the scene a couple of days after we secured the insurance!

Did you try for a quote for  just the cruise you booked and did you try the P&O  "preferred" insurer.

I hope you can find cover but if not hope  P&O  will  let you cancel this early without penalty

or maybe a lower  "administration"  fee.

If they  say you should have had insurance before you booked  you could ask them  what

this means " 

Travel Insurance

Already booked with us? Now it’s time to arrange your travel insurance. "

On their website Here

https://www.pocruises.com/travel-insurance

The Martin Lewis Money Saving Expert website has an article on travel insurance for those with medical conditions. From  that, we tried Staysure which would insure us but at a very hefty price. But, it was either that or nothing

On 1/14/2022 at 5:34 PM, silversurf said:

Just a hypothetical question really. But we have booked with P and O for 2023. I have tried to get a few quotes from different companies.

some won’t cover my medical conditions, I will be 78 when we sail and some don’t cover over 75s

Had to get quotes for this year as most don’t cover more than 12 months ahead.

Ask to insure the holiday, not a time period. Can be organised further in advance. 

Also try Staysure. They cater for those with medical conditions. Not the cheapest company, but have a good reputation. 

• 2 weeks later...