Advance reservation

rhsjr

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This was the view from the hotel of the falls.  It is stunning.  The rooms are beautiful and the food was great.  It is an easy stroll right to the path/train that takes you around the Brazil side of the falls. I would not hesitate to stay there.

IMG_4165.JPG

IMG_4164.JPG

IMG_4163.JPG

2 hours ago, scottjeanne said:

This was the view from the hotel of the falls.  It is stunning.  The rooms are beautiful and the food was great.  It is an easy stroll right to the path/train that takes you around the Brazil side of the falls. I would not hesitate to stay there.

IMG_4165.JPG

IMG_4164.JPG

IMG_4163.JPG

@scottjeanne  Is Brazil side of the falls correct?  I thought it was Argentina.

5 hours ago, scottjeanne said:

IMG_4165.JPG

IMG_4164.JPG

Just confirming you are referring to the Brazilian side because I'm looking to stay at the hotel on the Argentinian side.

20 hours ago, macaroni said:

This hotel was well worth it. So convenient…just walk to the falls whenever you want….they has a car service that you could book to take you to the other side, the airport, etc….

Thank you.

Another question please ... which airports did you use? There are two in Buenos Aires and 3, I found, near the Falls.

We flew to the Argentinian side…..don’t remember which airport we left from…I think the smaller domestic one…

it was so easy. We made all our own reservations. Had the hotel set up transfers as well as bringing us to the Brazil side of the falls for a few hours. 

19 hours ago, macaroni said:

We flew to the Argentinian side…..don’t remember which airport we left from…I think the smaller domestic one…

it was so easy. We made all our own reservations. Had the hotel set up transfers as well as bringing us to the Brazil side of the falls for a few hours. 

Did the hotel take care of the Brazilian visas?

17 minutes ago, diane.in.ny said:

Did the hotel take care of the Brazilian visas?

There are two check points each way-out of Argentina, into Brazil, out of Brazil and into Argentina.  Our tour guide handled each transaction accept the first one leaving Argentina.  They required we come into the building with our passports at that first one.  Other than that she took the six passports (two guides, one driver, three tourists) into each place and handled it.  I have no idea about the visas.  I don't think Brazil requires them anymore.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scottjeanne said:

There are two check points each way-out of Argentina, into Brazil, out of Brazil and into Argentina.  Our tour guide handled each transaction accept the first one leaving Argentina.  They required we come into the building with our passports at that first one.  Other than that she took the six passports (two guides, one driver, three tourists) into each place and handled it.  I have no idea about the visas.  I don't think Brazil requires them anymore.

Thank you. And I did check based on your post and, no, Brazil does not require a visa anymore for US citizen entering for tourism  🙂

On 4/19/2022 at 3:23 PM, diane.in.ny said:

I'm still trying to decide whether to book there or in town.

Big difference in prices and not sure it is worth is staying in the park.

Can anyone tell me what convinced them one way or the other?

We were also conflicted about where to stay, but since we were very short on time (1 night) we decided to spend the money to stay at Melia. It's a beautiful hotel with an awesome infinity pool. I had read it takes a long time to wait for the bus that takes you to the park, plus you need to purchase an entry ticket for each time you enter the park, but if staying at the Melia you only pay 1 time. We joined the Melia loyalty club and gained a discount that was much appreciated. We also appreciated that their in house transport vendor contacted us soon after we made the reservation to offer transport service at a very reasonable rate. 

• Thanks 1