Professional photographs from Antarctica cruises?

Renta

Hi, was wondering if any of the experienced Hurtigruten Antarctic explorers can tell me if there are professional photographers on board

who sell photos’s/Videos of your particular cruise at the end of the trip?. If so what is the general cost involved?

I’m travelling solo and would like to stay in the moment as much as I can rather than looking through a lense all the time, although in saying that I know I’ll end up snapping away haha.

Ive just booked great return air fares for December to Buenos Aries , hoping covid has done its dash by then 😬

We were on Roald Amundsen in Feb 2020 for an Antarctic expedition. Near the end of  the trip the ship photographer took orders for a USB drive at 99 euros for high resolution  and 49 euros for low resolution. I haven’t looked at it for a while but think it had photos plus a video.

I did a S. Georgia and Falklands cruise a few years ago on a Quark ship.  During the cruise, the line gave us the opportunity to upload our photos to the ship computer so we all could share our pictures.  Many of us including me did so.  I got some wonderful pictures at no cost to me.  I hope that others enjoyed my photos.

DON

I've just checked my memory stick. We purchased the high resolution drive, which contains 121 jpg photos from the cruise at both high and low resolution in separate directories (high for printing, low for social media, screensavers, etc.) plus a 15 minute mp4 video containing mostly still images with transitions, ie a slideshow, interspersed with short clips of actual video.

I don't recall an opportunity to upload and share photos.

On 1/24/2022 at 2:16 AM, Paul S said:

I've just checked my memory stick. We purchased the high resolution drive, which contains 121 jpg photos from the cruise at both high and low resolution in separate directories (high for printing, low for social media, screensavers, etc.) plus a 15 minute mp4 video containing mostly still images with transitions, ie a slideshow, interspersed with short clips of actual video.

I don't recall an opportunity to upload and share photos.

We all had the opportunity to upload our pictures if we wished to the ship server.  We could then download them to our own memory devices.  It was sort of an informal arrangement but it worked.

DON

42 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

We all had the opportunity to upload our pictures if we wished to the ship server.  We could then download them to our own memory devices.  It was sort of an informal arrangement but it worked.

DON

I'm surprised that they let someone download anything at all ONTO the ship server, unless they had some serious way to keep those files totally segregated.  Someone could download some malware or such, even without realizing it.

GC

1 hour ago, GeezerCouple said:

I'm surprised that they let someone download anything at all ONTO the ship server, unless they had some serious way to keep those files totally segregated.  Someone could download some malware or such, even without realizing it.

GC

I am sure that they had some way of segregating our pictures as they did not seem to worry about it.

DON