Regatta on the move

Funtravel66

Per cruisemapper, the ship is now enroute to Ensenada.  What’s your thoughts to whether or not it’s going to head to French Polynesia for March cruises?  I contacted Oceania yesterday and they once again assured me they were a go. They explained that the cruises are still listed as waitlist because they are moving people from the February canceled cruises. But I don’t know if that is completely true or not.  Thoughts?

29 minutes ago, Funtravel66 said:

Per cruisemapper, the ship is now enroute to Ensenada.  What’s your thoughts to whether or not it’s going to head to French Polynesia for March cruises?  I contacted Oceania yesterday and they once again assured me they were a go. They explained that the cruises are still listed as waitlist because they are moving people from the February canceled cruises. But I don’t know if that is completely true or not.  Thoughts?

Mainly a guess on my part but, since Insignia is now not going across the Pacific (after Hawaii) on the ATW cruise, it’s a good bet that Regatta heading to Ensenada may be on the way to LA or SF to layover until the start of the Alaska season and the Polynesia cruises may be cancelled. However, again, just a somewhat educated guess.

Regatta has cruised to Ensenada before and came back to anchor in Long Beach. Probably to keep the engines in good condition, I don't know.  I believe the Insignia is still planning on going to Tahiti and some of the other FP islands after Hawaii before going back to LA. That's a good sign. As I've said before, I think a major determining factor will be if O can assemble a crew.  It's all pure speculation of course as to what might happen.

19 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Mainly a guess on my part but, since Insignia is now not going across the Pacific (after Hawaii) on the ATW cruise, it’s a good bet that Regatta heading to Ensenada may be on the way to LA or SF to layover until the start of the Alaska season and the Polynesia cruises may be cancelled. However, again, just a somewhat educated guess.

The revised Insignia itinerary still shows 6 or so stops in French Polynesia before heading back to LA.  That said your end game guess may still a reasonable bet.

1 hour ago, gdlamberth said:

The revised Insignia itinerary still shows 6 or so stops in French Polynesia before heading back to LA.  That said your end game guess may still a reasonable bet.

Oh - I hadn’t looked past the “headline” on ATW. You may be in luck! I hope so for your sake.

We’re considering a late April LA to LA cruise on Regatta.  Our TA, a dear friend who will be on that cruise, had told me I can wait until fairly close to sail date to book, most categories are currently  available.  This is good for us as we can monitor what’s going on without playing the what if game.