Norwegian Joy Cabin #8132 The Haven

BarbarianPaul

Hi everyone!

My wife and I decided to splurge and book a “Courtyard Penthouse With Large Balcony” in The Haven on The Norwegian Joy. I’m wondering if anyone has ever stayed in this cabin. It’s less expensive than a courtyard penthouse with balcony, and I don’t quite understand why. It is at the end of a hallway, but I’m not sure there’s access outside.

If anyone has stayed in the Haven on the Norwegian Joy, I’m hoping to get some insight on not only my cabin, but also the Haven experience. And a few other questions while I’m posting! 1) Do we need to make specialty restaurant reservations at all before booking, or can we just rely on the concierge? 2) The Haven restaurant apparently has a fixed menu. Do the lack of choices ever get boring? 

We were on the Joy in December 2021 and at first booked the cabin you're in. We moved up to a 2 bedroom cabin ( still on deck 18) when the prices went down even more. We had the same concern, and this is what I found out. First, it's on the deck where the Restaurant is on and is right below the Haven's sun deck. Some people complain that they hear early morning noise from people moving furniture on the sun deck. We were on deck 18 and never had that issue.  The so called "Main Deck" for the haven is deck 17-pool, bar, observation room and concierge desk are all there. These are the reasons that I got for the price difference. We loved being on Deck 18.

The Haven restaurant was GREAT. We only had dinner there 3 times as we had 2 free specialty restaurants and had the dinning package for two more. I did talk to others who had dinner there most nights and they said it was never boring. We did pre book two restaurants, just because we could. I would say it was not an issue as the concierge could have done it. Now this was on a cruise with only about 40% being full. if it was me, I would have and always will book ahead, just in case???

We have been in the Haven before and we have always had a GREAT time there. Any other question just ask.

12 hours ago, BarbarianPaul said:

If anyone has stayed in the Haven on the Norwegian Joy, I’m hoping to get some insight on not only my cabin, but also the Haven experience. 

I strongly recommend reviewing the thread (on this forum) THE SECRETS OF THE NCL LUXURY EXPERIENCE.  The original poster is a fount of wisdom on the subject of the Haven.  Additionally, he recently completed a cruise in the Haven on NORWEGIAN JOY.  So he has current info germane to that vessel.

13 hours ago, BarbarianPaul said:

Hi everyone!

My wife and I decided to splurge and book a “Courtyard Penthouse With Large Balcony” in The Haven on The Norwegian Joy. I’m wondering if anyone has ever stayed in this cabin. It’s less expensive than a courtyard penthouse with balcony, and I don’t quite understand why. It is at the end of a hallway, but I’m not sure there’s access outside.

If anyone has stayed in the Haven on the Norwegian Joy, I’m hoping to get some insight on not only my cabin, but also the Haven experience. And a few other questions while I’m posting! 1) Do we need to make specialty restaurant reservations at all before booking, or can we just rely on the concierge? 2) The Haven restaurant apparently has a fixed menu. Do the lack of choices ever get boring? 

I think you mean cabin #18132  (not 8132).    

We have not been on the Joy yet (3 attempts since March 2020 -- We have the haven 2br (18102) in June '22 lined up and cannot wait!. 

On the Escape, there is an access door to the lobby area at the end of that hallway.  I bet the Joy is the same.  There could be traffic (and noise) because of it's location.

Agree with the prior posters that you read the very detailed and informative thread on the Haven, noted above.  

Go ahead and make reservations ahead, if you know what you want.  That said, the concierge has always been able to modify or add a reservation for us.  

The Haven restaurant is great (service and food).  If you eat a variety of foods, you can eat there multiple times without "repeating".  But if you are a bit picky then yes, the static dinner menu would be boring since you may only be willing to eat 2 different entrees. 

Our last Haven 7-day we ate 3 dinners in Haven and four specialties.   Breakfast and lunch there is awesome in our opinion and ate there every day for those meals (except one lunch/theatre show).

Enjoy your cruise....the Haven is great!

• 1 year later...