T Tatko, suggestions for an hotel near or at the airport in Rome

65SXM65

• Host Kat changed the title to T Tatko, suggestions for an hotel near or at the airport in Rome
22 minutes ago, 65SXM65 said:

Any suggestions for an hotel near or at the airport in Rome?

Howdy @65SXM65emo22.gif

Welcome back to the Cruise Critic message boards and thank you for your new thread that is on the Cruise Blogs & Websites forum! 👍 I see it has been a while since you have posted on the boards. However, your thread is off topic there. The forum is for members to share their personal travelogue-type cruise-related blogs or websites with their fellow Cruise Critic members.

To help you out I have moved your thread to the Ports of Call - Europe - Mediterranean - Eastern & Western - Italy Ports forum. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that will be or have been to Rome frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum l👀king for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you

I suggest you use the Follow feature on this newly moved thread or any other thread or forum where you are interested in the future replies. You will not have to go l👀king to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! emo34.gif If you need more info on how to do it, please see How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info).

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to submit your review for publication. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience! emo49.gif See How To: Submit a Member Review.

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Now that you are here on the Italy board, if you look down the board you will see several mentions of the Hilton, which is on airport property, a short walk from the terminals. It is a very nice hotel, fantastic buffet breakfast. Easy to use at the airport.

• Like 1

....and I'm one who has used the Hilton Garden Inn (on the airport property also, but not attached to the airport. They have a very convenient shuttle that runs all hours and will drop you at the correct concourse, whereas the walk from the regular Hilton can be long-ish if you have a lot of luggage or if your concourse is not one of the closer ones.

The hotel is nothing special but it is clean, quiet, convenient and has a good breakfast.

C42 do you have any experience with Hilton Garden Inn Rome Claridge. we are going to stay in Rome for 2 or 3 days before 4th july cruise and was wondering if this was a good location. I know prob better to stay at a local hotel but its free with Hilton Honor points

2 hours ago, jbdawg said:

C42 do you have any experience with Hilton Garden Inn Rome Claridge. we are going to stay in Rome for 2 or 3 days before 4th july cruise and was wondering if this was a good location. I know prob better to stay at a local hotel but its free with Hilton Honor points

How would you plan to get around?  The hotel you are looking at is a 45 to 50 minute walk to Trevi Fountain, and another 15 minutes if you wanted to get to the Colosseum or Forum on foot. If you are going to depend on taxis to get back and forth, you'll eat up much of your savings. Even your closest Metro stop (Sant'Agnese/Annibaliano) is about a 30-minute walk.

Plus I think the hotel is located outside the Aurelian walls, which means you would not be eligible for the "special" fixed taxi fare from the airport into the city. Private transportation may or may not charge you more.

My advice would be to save your points for elsewhere. With only 2-3 days in Rome, you don't want to spend all your time getting from place to place.

• Like 1