NCL Book with Confidence/Peace of Mind?

rabadipscavern

If someone can explain this to me as if I’m 5 it would be really appreciated. I am trying to understand Norwegians cancellation policy and the language online is a little confusing. If l pay in full for a completely new booking (say today) that sails in May am I able to cancel say 2 weeks before without penalty (for Covid reasons or port changes). This would be a sailing out of Rome and being a NY resident I don’t qualify for Norwegians added insurance for some reason. It’s seems a little risky right now to book however from personal experience it seems like spring/summer when things were getting better last year (and in part 2020) cruise and flight prices skyrocketed so if I can book a good price now I’d like to.

12 minutes ago, rabadipscavern said:

If someone can explain this to me as if I’m 5 it would be really appreciated. I am trying to understand Norwegians cancellation policy and the language online is a little confusing. If l pay in full for a completely new booking (say today) that sails in May am I able to cancel say 2 weeks before without penalty (for Covid reasons or port changes). This would be a sailing out of Rome and being a NY resident I don’t qualify for Norwegians added insurance for some reason. It’s seems a little risky right now to book however from personal experience it seems like spring/summer when things were getting better last year (and in part 2020) cruise and flight prices skyrocketed so if I can book a good price now I’d like to.

The wording of "Peace of Mind" has changed so many times over the past year, I am not certain that NCL staff truly understand what, in reality, it means.

Unless you are fine with receiving FCC(s), to be used within a year +/-, do NOT book a cruise right now.  That is, if you won't purchase separate insurance!  Many of us get around your concern by purchasing independent CANCEL FOR ANY REASON insurance. 

You might benefit from reading - -

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=274

16 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Is Peace if Mind still offered? I booked in late January and was told twice this week by customer service, that it expired Jan 31? Is this date not accurate?

Peace of Mind expired Jan 31. 

image.png.0e6e4bbf679c7fba7bf8e8050795a7f2.png

These are the new cancellation rules. Book with Confidence still applies, but you can only get a credit if you cancel due to government requirements, and it wouldn't apply to OP's sailing in May. 

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/refund-and-cancellation-policy-covid-19

Edited by wampuscat7

1 hour ago, wampuscat7 said:

Peace of Mind expired Jan 31. 

image.png.0e6e4bbf679c7fba7bf8e8050795a7f2.png

These are the new cancellation rules. Book with Confidence still applies, but you can only get a credit if you cancel due to government requirements, and it wouldn't apply to OP's sailing in May. 

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/refund-and-cancellation-policy-covid-19

Ok. So, its not as helpful. Thanks!

JUST got this email today from NCL---to me it looks like now the FCC expiration is now EXTENDED  from Jan 31 2022 to Dec 31 2022--meaning that FCC could be used on a cruise that sails in 2023 perhaps? Have not called NCL to confirm yet.

image.png.ec373de27e2da9013acd4e45e5576298.png

1 hour ago, doreenrae said:

JUST got this email today from NCL---to me it looks like now the FCC expiration is now EXTENDED  from Jan 31 2022 to Dec 31 2022--meaning that FCC could be used on a cruise that sails in 2023 perhaps? Have not called NCL to confirm yet.

That's good for people that have the FCC already, right? But, since the POM program has expired, the OP and myself would not qualify to apply for it if we have to cancel since we have not requested to cancel yet, right? So, if we cancel, we won't get the FCC using the POM program since it has expired, right? 

theres a book with confidence policy now thru march 31 which is basically useless. say something to the effect if your hometown makes you quarantine you can cancel or other nonsense. basically we are back to normal cancel policies

i'm glad royal has 30 out for final payment. at least thats something

1 hour ago, blueslily said:

That's good for people that have the FCC already, right? But, since the POM program has expired, the OP and myself would not qualify to apply for it if we have to cancel since we have not requested to cancel yet, right? So, if we cancel, we won't get the FCC using the POM program since it has expired, right? 

Refund Policy:

• If, following a declaration of a Public Health Emergency, you cancel a booking for a cruise scheduled during the declared emergency or must cancel your booking because you are prohibited from travelling to the vessel due to a governmental travel restriction, but the cruise is not cancelled, you are entitled to a FCC for the amount paid to Norwegian. In all other cases our standard cancellation policy will apply, as set forth in the Cruise Ticket Contract for your cruise.

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Refund Policy:

• If, following a declaration of a Public Health Emergency, you cancel a booking for a cruise scheduled during the declared emergency or must cancel your booking because you are prohibited from travelling to the vessel due to a governmental travel restriction, but the cruise is not cancelled, you are entitled to a FCC for the amount paid to Norwegian. In all other cases our standard cancellation policy will apply, as set forth in the Cruise Ticket Contract for your cruise.

Yes, as I was told, POM has expired. This policy and the regular cancellation policy aren't that grand for options right now. Thats ok. Thanks. I just wanted to clarify since the person I was quoting responded with FCC extension info. But, that only applies if a person already has FCC banked. Thanks! 

1 hour ago, NW Pacific said:

Does anyone know if all this new cancel policy has anything to do with testing positive,  covid,  within 14 days or 48 hours before arriving at the Pier???? Is it still at least an FCC?

Last week when I called NCL and booked a sailing this weekend, last minute, I was told that if I test positive at the pier on day of embarkation to contact my travel insurance provider . when I talked with the insurance company today to understand the policy, they said it's a refund for testing positive. I would process a claim with them, the insurance  company, if I tested positive. That's just what NCL and the insurance company told me. Hope they're both accurate. 

16 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

Does anyone know if all this new cancel policy has anything to do with testing positive,  covid,  within 14 days or 48 hours before arriving at the Pier???? Is it still at least an FCC?

Yes, if you test positive.

image.png.d54272ef2570c6feaea08e2ef7761492.png

ETA link to NCL site https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/refund-and-cancellation-policy-covid-19

Edited by wampuscat7

19 hours ago, doreenrae said:

This is for people who already have FCC. My understanding from my PCC and others here is that you still must sail in 2022. 

People who have been issued new FCC recently have a different timeframe. 

• Like 2