Cooked to order BURGER - Reflection, where do I go?

Tom-n-Cheryl

It's hard to beat a really tasty burger (IMO). Looking at menus ahead of time, the only one which caught my eye was "The Porch Burger", which I assume can be cooked rare. The catch there appears to be that it's only on the dinner menu, and my burger window is typically at lunch. Anyone find that they could "make one appear" at lunch there?

Any other places on the Reflection I might find a good burger? I see that they still have Cellar Masters onboard, so no burger option there - as I've experienced at the Gastro Bar a few years back.

Tom

The Lawn Club Grill is my go to spot for a great burger which will be cooked to order.   It's open for lunch on sea days.  Don't forget to order the warm chocolate chip cookie (topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream) for dessert.  Since it's a specialty restaurant, there is a fee...worth every penny!

Enjoy.

Susan

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

The Lawn Club Grill is my go to spot for a great burger which will be cooked to order.   It's open for lunch on sea days.  Don't forget to order the warm chocolate chip cookie (topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream) for dessert.  Since it's a specialty restaurant, there is a fee...worth every penny!

Enjoy.

Susan

A burger AND a chocolate chip cookie - now you're talking !!

Tom

• Like 1

Luminae will have one. Lawn Club Grill is also sometimes open for a lunch special on sea days. If you rent a cabana on an E class ship you can order the Luminae burger. I haven't seen any recent posts about what is included with an Alcove (Cabana) reservation on Reflection but it is does differ. 

2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

A burger AND a chocolate chip cookie - now you're talking !!

Tom

Living large on the Reflection.  Loved it so much a couple of weeks ago that I had two dinners and one lunch at LCG.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruzinram said:

How much for the burger on the lawn?

$25 at lunchtime...includes salad bar, sides and dessert choices.  If memory serves, there were at least six burger options.

Edited by lola2013

48 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

$25 at lunchtime...includes salad bar, sides and dessert choices.  If memory serves, there were at least six burger options.

There must be a lunch menu floating around out there somewhere (I'll ask Ken, who's onboard now) 🙂

Tom

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

There must be a lunch menu floating around out there somewhere (I'll ask Ken, who's onboard now) 🙂

Tom

I believe it's on the app.  My next cruise is Equinox which doesn't have LCG so I can't access the menu on my phone.

2 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

I believe it's on the app.  My next cruise is Equinox which doesn't have LCG so I can't access the menu on my phone.

Right you are! It would seem (and it makes sense) that one first has to navigate to an actual sea day!!

Tom

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

It's hard to beat a really tasty burger (IMO). Looking at menus ahead of time, the only one which caught my eye was "The Porch Burger", which I assume can be cooked rare. The catch there appears to be that it's only on the dinner menu, and my burger window is typically at lunch. Anyone find that they could "make one appear" at lunch there?

Any other places on the Reflection I might find a good burger? I see that they still have Cellar Masters onboard, so no burger option there - as I've experienced at the Gastro Bar a few years back.

Tom

Interesting topic in more ways than one.  On Celebrity ships there are very limited options to get a decent, cooked-to-order burger that is not Mast Grill/Pool Grill.  A good quality burger-  To go.  On RCCL ships you have Johnny Rockets (for a fee).  Guy's Burgers Joint on Carnival.   But Celebrity?  Other than the sit down places mentioned (Luminae, Lawn Club, etc), no good option.  But does anybody remember the short-lived Top Deck Burger Bar (TDBB)?  It was on Constellation in June 2017 when I sailed.  It was a good concept IMO and for less than $10 you could get a high quality burger with all the fixings and fries.  The mast grill type free burgers were still made in the Oceanview and available.  On the same deck.    However, there was such a fuss thrown by Celebrity cruisers for the perceived loss of the free pool burgers, the TDBB was shut down in a month.  I still think there would be demand to pay a reasonable fee to get a decent quality made to order burger at a walk up location on a Celebrity ship.  I would definitely welcome it. 

• Like 1

For us when we do lunch, it's a 'burger done our way at the pool/mast grill (not matter the ship). Always good and worth the price. We eat them in he OC and then cruise on over to the dessert station(s) to satisfy our sweet tooth. 

Edited by davekathy

I love Luminae but their burger has never impressed me I think possibly outside of my first time having one back in 2016 not too long after Luminae started (quality ticked down slightly on several items there after their first year or so in the breakfast and lunch items). Most of the time it's been average and a few times it was downright poor (the "Luminae Burger" at the Retreat sundeck on Edge was a total joke, like they scooped it out of the buffet warming tray). Surprisingly I have had much better burgers at the Pool/Mast Grill. The one on Edge I recall being fantastic.

If you are looking for a true gourmet burger experience though you'll need to look elsewhere.

7 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Interesting topic in more ways than one.  On Celebrity ships there are very limited options to get a decent, cooked-to-order burger that is not Mast Grill/Pool Grill.  A good quality burger-  To go.  On RCCL ships you have Johnny Rockets (for a fee).  Guy's Burgers Joint on Carnival.   But Celebrity?  Other than the sit down places mentioned (Luminae, Lawn Club, etc), no good option.  But does anybody remember the short-lived Top Deck Burger Bar (TDBB)?  It was on Constellation in June 2017 when I sailed.  It was a good concept IMO and for less than $10 you could get a high quality burger with all the fixings and fries.  The mast grill type free burgers were still made in the Oceanview and available.  On the same deck.    However, there was such a fuss thrown by Celebrity cruisers for the perceived loss of the free pool burgers, the TDBB was shut down in a month.  I still think there would be demand to pay a reasonable fee to get a decent quality made to order burger at a walk up location on a Celebrity ship.  I would definitely welcome it. 

I think it would've been better if they had kept the original burgers for free and then added some new "deluxe" options for the fee they wanted to charge. Then people have a choice. Kind of like what they do at Tuscan with the higher end beef cuts.

11 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Luminae probably has arguably the best made to order burger in any restaurant on any ship on any line.  Love them!  Gonna have to try Lawn Club Grill.  Passed by it several times but never tried it.

Hopefully you will have a better experience than we did. Tried it twice for dinner. Service was an issue both times and the overall quality of food was just “okay”. We’re trying the Roof Top Grill on the Edge and hoping for a better experience. 😊 

8 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Hopefully you will have a better experience than we did. Tried it twice for dinner. Service was an issue both times and the overall quality of food was just “okay”. We’re trying the Roof Top Grill on the Edge and hoping for a better experience. 😊 

I had a terrible experience at Lawn Club on Silhouette. It was better on Reflection and Rooftop Grill was much better on Edge. 

• Like 1