Favorite Non Alcoholic drinks on O ?

LuAnn

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

I HATED the coffee on Riviera. Really bad. Someone suggested (and I should have realized this) I should request cafe americano.

Of course, the coffee in Baristas is an entirely different story!

An Americano is espresso watered down with hot water.  So it's both bitter and weak.  Nothing like properly brewed American coffee.  Waiting for a ship to franchise Dunkin' coffee!

• Like 1

I HATED the coffee on Riviera. Really bad. Someone suggested (and I should have realized this) I should request cafe americano.

Of course, the coffee in Baristas is an entirely different story!

Do you realize that “Café Americano” is code for 1/2 coffee + 1/2 hot water?

7 hours ago, Harters said:

It's many years since I last drank alcohol and the problem now is that many alcohol free products are very sweet. Not something I want to drink regularly. As an aperitif, I now usually order tonic - but, on our next cruise, I will be asking if they stock any of the alcohol free distilled products, such as Seedlip. If so, Seedlip and tonic makes a good version of a gin & tonic. As mentioned upthread, a virgin mojito can be good. And, of course, I'd expect any decent bar to stock alcohol free beer and wine - they are not something I choose to drink regularly as they remind me too much of the old times, but I always have a couple of bottles of the wine in the house for those meals which just cry out for wine.

That might have been the brand I found when I Googled, as mentioned above.

You might call O, or have your TA call, and ask if they can stock a bit for you.  Give them PLENTY of time.  They do that for some beverages, but no idea about this.  It also would depend upon departure port.

(Would they allow non-alcoholic beverages?  I thought that was not allowed anymore.  So subbing for wine might not work.)

Good luck.

Who knows, maybe they'll start stocking such drinks.  Or maybe they have something similar stashed away?

GC

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Do you realize that “Café Americano” is code for 1/2 coffee + 1/2 hot water?

I think the point is that a cafe americano is freshly brewed espresso with water added. Not coffee from reconstituted syrup. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Not coffee from reconstituted syrup. 

Does Oceania use the syrup?  🤔

We always get the fresh stuff at Barristas 

In Horizons  they used to have the fresh brewed Bunn  coffee maker behind the bar  for regular coffee

23 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Kind of a waste of good espresso?

Not at all.

The person can drink it whilst still wearing their mask.

Thereby satisfying the initial mild coffee taste, whilst continuing to enjoy the delicious espresso flavours for the next 60 minutes as it gently filters through the mask.

Two birds with one stone.

Safety, and a satisfying and  continuous coffee intake.

Every cloud..........    

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Does Oceania use the syrup?  🤔

I don’t know whether they use a syrup or not, but I just do not like the coffee that is served in the restaurants. Baristas is wonderful.
BTW, I also dislike Starbucks coffee so perhaps that tells you some thing about the kind of coffee that I prefer. Very light, light light light. I drink a lot of coffee throughout the day.

I don’t know whether they use a syrup or not, but I just do not like the coffee that is served in the restaurants. Baristas is wonderful.
BTW, I also dislike Starbucks coffee so perhaps that tells you some thing about the kind of coffee that I prefer. Very light, light light light. I drink a lot of coffee throughout the day.

Last cruise we enjoyed large Flat White with an extra shot every morning.  Various surces have various mixtures for a "Flat White" but when ordered with an "extra shot" essentially comes out half espresso half steamed milk (or almond milk/soy milk/etc) and a bit of foam.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Maybe you are just used to  American dishwater coffee 😉

We had a friend in N.H  who used to order 1/2 cup of coffee with a glass on ice cubes on the side  🤔

9 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe you are just used to  American dishwater coffee 😉  

I think you must be right, even though I never drank coffee until I lived in Italy many years ago. So, cappuccini were my introduction to coffee. 

3 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Can’t remember whether it’s Lily or Lavazza in Barista’s. But both brands can be found in decent food stores nationwide including other than espresso roasts. 
If you try (and like) those coffees and don’t care for Starbucks, try Peet’s (start with “Big Bang.”) Absolutely perfect - anytime of the day.

I think you must be right, even though I never drank coffee until I lived in Italy many years ago. So, cappuccini were my introduction to coffee. 

Maybe try  Cafe au lait   or  when we went to Venezuela many years ago their coffee was very strong  so we had 50/50 

We prefer the fresh ground beans

Cappuccino  is our go to coffee  onboard 

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Can’t remember whether it’s Lily or Lavazza in Barista’s. But both brands can be found in decent food stores nationwide including other than espresso roasts. 

It is now ILLY  they use to use Lavazza

14 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

What you are describing is a cappuccino. Perfect, as long as it’s before 11:00AM.

perfect even after dinner  😉

But when in Italy do not ask for it after 11 am LOL

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

perfect even after dinner  😉

But when in Italy do not ask for it after 11 am LOL

Agreed!

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

It is now ILLY  they use to use Lavazza

Thanks for the correction on Illy and which is the current one. I had a picture in my mind of the red ILLY cup logo and also the blue Lavazza one.

23 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe try  Cafe au lait   or  when we went to Venezuela many years ago their coffee was very strong  so we had 50/50 

We prefer the fresh ground beans

Cappuccino  is our go to coffee  onboard 

When in a Spanish-speaking country, I order “cafe con leche” 😄

1 minute ago, PhD-iva said:

When in a Spanish-speaking country, I order “cafe con leche” 😄

yes  that is good except when the coffee is VERY strong  then 50/50 works  better

In some Countries they throw the beans in a pot of water ..boil then serve 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

I HATED the coffee on Riviera. Really bad. Someone suggested (and I should have realized this) I should request cafe americano. Of course, the coffee in Baristas is an entirely different story!

We'll have to agree to disagree. My wife and I both loved it and we're both heavy serious coffee drinkers. Even the machine coffee in the Terrace Cafe and in our Concierge Lounge was quite decent. We were on Riviera 12/13-23/21 (W. Caribbean cruise). And, yes, I did repeatedly sample a lot of coffees from Baristas. (Was so cute to see them put out little bowls of potato chips in the evening. I never did touch the chips. But I did drink a ton of various coffees there.)