EUROPE PROTOCOLS??

80sGal

I also posted their query on the specific sailing forum, but thought it was worth a try here, too.

Just wondering if anyone has started researching the protocols (as they stand now and yes, I know restrictions are always changing!) for port stops on this cruise (The Pride out of Dover at the end of July, stopping in Spain, Portugal and France).    Are we expected to fill out locator forms and health forms for each of the countries scheduled on this itinerary, or only for the UK origin?  Has Carnival provided any guidance on this, because I haven't found it if they have (and the option to cancel without penalty per their letter is four days away).    We've cruised the Caribbean already,  and did not have to do anything extra for our port stops, but Europe seems to be in a different league with requirements.   Trying to figure these things out to make our decision on whether things are still too up-in-the-air to actually make this trip.    Thanks for any advice!

As an example of what I am referring to, here is a copy of specific travel guidance from MSC for a Northern European itinerary.   It has step by step instructions so guests know what to do in advance for port stops.    Has Carnival done anything to publish guidelines of what will be needed for stops in Spain, France and Portugal?   If anyone has received any information for your European cruise, please post!    Thanks in advance!

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GOING ASHORE & TRAVELLING BACK HOME

• GOING ASHORE & TRAVELLING BACK HOME

A COVID-19 test or Passenger locator form (PLF) may still be necessary for national or international mobility requirement: it’s every guest’s responsibility to verify this requirement before departure. 

To disembark in Southampton: residents or guests staying longer then 48hrs must complete the UK PLF and submit it online within 48 hours prior to arrival. An antigenic or PCR test must be taken on or before day 2 for guests arriving before Feburary 11, 2022.

Going ashore or transiting in Southampton for less than 48 hours: guests must complete the UK PLF.
    To go ashore or to disembark in Belgium: guests are required to complete the BEL PLF and submit online prior to arrival to the cruise. (guests staying onboard the ship in Zeebrugge DO NOT need to complete the BEL PLF)

To go ashore in Germany (Hamburg) and if the Guests visited a high-risk area in the past 10 days before reaching Hamburg, Guests need to complete a digital entry form. For more information, it is recommended to check your country’s competent authorities official channels and the following websites:

Belgium: https://www.info-coronavirus.be/ Additional information to fill in your Belgian e-PLF: 

- Identification of the vessel: MSC Magnifica

- Residential address: Street: MSC Magnifica, Number: 9387085, Box (=Pier number): 702, Zip/postal code: 8380, City: Zeebrügge

The U.K.: https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk 

All guests going ashore and those remaining on board in Germany (Hamburg) must complete the German PLF https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/#

All guests going ashore in Le Havre (France) ages 12 years and older must provide a negative 24 hour PCR or Antigen test.

Discover in protected excursions: To go ashore during the cruise, MSC Cruises highly recommends to participate in one of or MSC Shore Excursions to ensure the same high standards of health and safety ashore as on board. Guests who are fully vaccinated will be able to go ashore independently and will need to follow the requirements of going ashore according to the countries they will visit. Not all destinations allow independent disembarkation and it may depend on the traveller’s vaccination status. Those Guests who are not fully vaccinated or who have unvaccinated children in their travelling party, will need to go ashore with an MSC Excursion to discover in a protected excursion. Some excursions will require an official Covid certificate to access some venues (i.e. museums, churches,..) or to participate any event. More information in the FAQ section.

Please Note: at this time, leaving the ship for shore excursions and transit is not allowed in Southampton (UK). Only guests whose cruise ends in Southampton can disembark.  

French residents returning from any country outside the European Community must show a certificate of a negative RT-PCR or antigen test taken within 24 hours prior to arrival. The test can be completed on board at the cost of 80,00 Euros. 

Effective January 22, 2022 Swiss passport holders and residents returning to Switzerland are not required to provide a negative Antigen or RT-PCR before entering Switzerland. There is no longer the requirement to test between the fourth and seventh day after entry. The SwissPLF must be completed by those returning by air or long-distance bus. More information here: https://swissplf.admin.ch/formular

UK Residents returning to UK from any cruise destinations must complete a passenger locator form (PLF), book an Antigen or a PCR test to take on or before day 2 upon their return to the UK (starting from February 11, 2022 the antigen test will not be required).

To support Guests in compliance with international mobility requirements, MSC Cruises has organized the possibility for its guests to purchase and perform a RT-PCR test or an antigen test during their cruise. More information in the FAQ section.

MSC is based in Switzerland and is huge in commercial shipping so is probably familiar with all the protocols. Carnival not so much. Carnival isn't going to publish anything anytime soon. You might check HAL or Princess (Costa, Aida, etc.)

e.g.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well/frequently-asked-questions/faq-for-cruises-from-europe.html

45 minutes ago, Bgcruising said:

Sounds too complicated to cruise at this time. My MSC trip with a similar itinerary was cancelled.  Are they selling them again?

This is from the MSC website so perhaps they are.  I was just trying to find a similar posting from Carnival.  

Since Carnival's Europe cruises start in May, hopefully they will get their protocols figured out and posted soon. I am traveling in July and am most interested to know if they will be providing Covid tests on the last day (sea day) of the cruise so that we are able to fly back to US the next day. I see in the Holland America information posted above that they provide tests for everyone at the end of the cruise. I'm hoping Carnival does the same.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, thekidsandi said:

Since Carnival's Europe cruises start in May, hopefully they will get their protocols figured out and posted soon. I am traveling in July and am most interested to know if they will be providing Covid tests on the last day (sea day) of the cruise so that we are able to fly back to US the next day. I see in the Holland America information posted above that they provide tests for everyone at the end of the cruise. I'm hoping Carnival does the same.

Europe has their own flavor of the CDC. Carnival doesn't have a lot of say. Whatever the protocols are today may not matter. A lot can change in a few weeks or months.

As for flying, some airlines have links to where you can buy tests. For England, you need to test a couple of days after you arrive and more.

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

As for flying, some airlines have links to where you can buy tests. For England, you need to test a couple of days after you arrive and more.

England dropped all the testing requirements for fully vaccinated people as of yesterday, 11 Feb 2022

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1