The Daily for Monday 02/14/2022

richwmn

6 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning from a still chilly SW Florida but I'm  playing golf at 8:AM.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Got a laugh out of the quote.

Not sure what Spring Pasta is but I love Pasta so....

Hope everyone is well.

Thanks for The Daily.

enjoy your golf.  Wasn't that nice to see someone win the WM In Az for his first PGA ever?

• Like 13

@rafinmdmentioning visiting his brother's grave while on a cruise reminds me of something we did when our cruise stopped in Kobe, Japan.  There was a shuttle into town and a group of ladies there who said they would be happy to show us anything we wanted to see in Kobe.  I told a nice lady there that my grandfather was buried in Kobe and we would like to see his grave.  She made a couple of calls and said he is buried in the National Park in the mountains, and we can hire a taxi to take us there.  There was a foreign cemetery there and his grave was in the Russian section.  It was well kept, with an azalea bush at the end of it.  Apparently after the war the graves in the Kobe city cemetery were moved to this mountain park.  Here is how he ended up in Japan.  He was from Siberia and the family migrated to Maui around 1908.  My mother was born there in 1910.  They then moved to Honolulu.  About 1913 he had heart problems and his doctor told him that he couldn't stand the heat in Hawaii and should go back to Siberia.  The family was on the way back, but he died on the ship and was buried in Kobe.  The family continued home to Siberia, but later their Hawaiian friends urged them to come back to Honolulu and they did in 1917.  What I learned from this is that the Japanese people are extremely helpful to tourists and their local government is very well organized.  

Ray

• Like 33
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

enjoy your golf.  Wasn't that nice to see someone win the WM In Az for his first PGA ever?

Scheffler had a great tournament, glad it worked out for him after missing his fairly easy birdie putt on 18 to win in regulation.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.

444650927_Valentinesday.png.bb83f8473be4b8c13809c2f5825b6418.png

Spring pasta sounds good.  

1044638281_Springpasta1.thumb.jpg.276a57f3fe9e5410797ba067dd57d1ce.jpg

Aw yes as someone who used to work part time at night at Godiva boutique stores, I can attest to the sales but usually they were 3-4 days afterwards.    Oh and in early January's we would break down the large 2 or 3 pound gold boxes and were allowed to take some home.

the one photo I left is reply is what I do think primavera pasta is all about.

• Like 21

Just now, MISTER 67 said:

Scheffler had a great tournament, glad it worked out for him after missing his fairly easy birdie putt on 18 to win in regulation.

i agree. Was also rooting for a few others.  Was strange to not have Phil M there.  

I think a lot of the elites are coming back for next week.  

toodles

• Like 10

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh my I forgot to congratulate the Rams on their win last night.  (didn't watch it).  The last time the Rams won the Super Bowl they were the St. Louis Rams and that was in 1999. Happy times for that city back then, and we were living there at the time.  Better luck next year to the Cincinnati Bengals!  They have a strong, young team and the were leading at the end until the last minute or two I heard.🏈

How were the commercials?

Do you remember when St. Louis had the Football Cardinals?

They were originally the Chicago Cardinals and I was a big fan and it broke my heart when they moved to St. Louis in 1960, of course now they are the Arizona Cardinals.

• Like 13

Good morning everyone and Happy Valentine’s Day Monday!  

DGD and I started to watch the game last night but it was being broadcast in Spanish so I had to Google how to fix that. Seems Cox has a default to Spanish in some locations. By the time I got that all figured out it was time for halftime and she was really enjoying everything so I just fast forwarded to the end and didn’t really get to see any commercials and she got bored and went into the living room to be with her PaPa. I saved it so might go back to watch them. 

Tomorrow I’m going to FaceTime an old childhood friend. I moved away from our small town when I was in Junior High School and we kept in touch off and on but lost touch about 20 years ago. Somehow she found my brother’s email and asked if he could help. 

We are having brunch at Bisbee Breakfast Club so I’ll check back in later. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 28

13 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

They were originally the Chicago Cardinals and I was a big fan and it broke my heart when they moved to St. Louis in 1960, of course now they are the Arizona Cardinals and after all these years I still have a soft spot in my heart for them.

• Like 4

Good morning and Happy Valentines Day, all! We made it safely to Palm Springs, or La Quinta to be more precise. I’m sitting with DS and BIL looking out at the hills and palm trees. DH has taken the car to get the air conditioning fixed. We had the car checked out and tuned up before we left. It is winterized from stem to stern. Checking the air conditioning never occurred to us or our mechanic back in the snow in Canada.

Thos morning I got to,watch the sun rise over the date palms and mountains, with the smell  of blossoms and sage in the air. It’s now too hot to sit out on the deck!

Happy Monday everyone, why not treat your Valentine to a voyage on a favourite BHB?

55D0D9E1-6472-4918-A21F-E4EF07E500E3.thumb.jpeg.96ce2e49f4a5930d7757ba8303c893c7.jpeg

• Like 31

45 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

what country is this in?   Can you expand description for me please.

Can’t expand the description but Benalmadena is in Spain - on the Costa del Sol - not far from Malaga.  A lot of little resort areas nearby too.  Beautiful spot as are the little towns close by. There is a train that runs through those little towns to Malaga and stops at each one.  For some reason, I can’t temember if it stopped at Benalmadena or if DH and I had to walk there from the last stop (a pretty short walk) for the Rotary meeting we were going to.

22 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

If you want the mods to delete you need to click the 3 dots in the right hand corner of your post, choose report and request they delete it.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, kazu said:

Can’t expand the description but Benalmadena is in Spain - on the Costa del Sol - not far from Malaga.  A lot of little resort areas nearby too.  Beautiful spot as are the little towns close by.  here is a train that runs through those little towns to Malaga and stops at each one.  For some reason, I can’t temember if it stopped at Benalmadena or if DH and I had to walk there from the last stop (a pretty short walk) for the Rotary meeting we were going to.

If you want the mods to delete you need to click the 3 dots in the right hand corner of your post, choose report and request they delete it.

Thanks.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

Can’t expand the description but Benalmadena is in Spain - on the Costa del Sol - not far from Malaga.  A lot of little resort areas nearby too.  Beautiful spot as are the little towns close by.  here is a train that runs through those little towns to Malaga and stops at each one.  For some reason, I can’t temember if it stopped at Benalmadena or if DH and I had to walk there from the last stop (a pretty short walk) for the Rotary meeting we were going to.

Oh thanks I did not realize it was in Spain.  I was guessing Italy.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

They were originally the Chicago Cardinals and I was a big fan and it broke my heart when they moved to St. Louis in 1960, of course now they are the Arizona Cardinals.

Of course we remember the football Cardinals!  My DBIL loved the Cardinals, then had to switch to the Rams when the Cardinals left for Arizona.  He had to revert to the Rams, but loved them just as much.  May he RIP!  I hope there's football up in heaven so he can watch!  😇

• Like 17

Happy Valentine’s Day to all my friends here!   Love Ferris wheels,  always have! 
@rafinmdsending gentle hugs, anniversaries are tough!

@superomahappy birthday to your twins! 
@Suslorhappy birthday to your DH
@kazu yum lobster, hope you get some more rest soon, you may need a Siesta!

@USN59-79what an incredible story of your grandfather!  How wonderful the people in Japan are, so glad you could visit the grave!

@Horizon chaser 1957 love La quinta!  Enjoy for us!  So many great restaurants and flowers!

894809A9-CAC7-4969-9CA1-AD664C5A62CA.jpeg

9F9F03D5-FE03-4F4B-9CA4-95A88284D89E.jpeg

D0CBD218-B8B4-477A-973D-29E3E4788BD7.jpeg

0E24D175-A541-425C-A603-CC4D78763E07.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 3

First Ferris Wheel was built by George Ferris for the 1893 Columbian Exposition Worlds Fair in Chicago. Quite refmarkable for that period in time. It had a diameter of 250 feet, 36 cars holding 60 riders in each car. It was dismantled after the Fair and reassembled and was an attraction in Chicago's Lincoln Park and after a few years wound up at the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis.

8997D85C-EB3A-40A8-B703-62ABA89C4835.jpeg

6FBE5916-339C-42AB-AC64-356D92A5E364.jpeg

2C5FA91F-01EE-4DB8-9D85-16AB1B101280.jpeg

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Voyage to the Bottom of the Fridge - The Musical

Day 1:  It Don’t Come Easy

Somehow I have managed to accumulate mass quantities of food in my pantry and fridge.  I’m going to blame that on Covid.  Today I have started a new project called “Get Rid of It”.  Goal is to have as much as possible whittled away before I go away.  That gives me less than 3 weeks.  Unfortunately, my husband’s regular travel starts back up in 2 weeks so that will impact the amount of groceries consumed.

I see I have a fresh basil plant on the counter, as well as some peppers (red, yellow, jalapeño) and sweet onion.  Some frozen chicken breasts tells me we are having Thai Basil Chicken.  Or maybe Lemon Basil Chicken.  I’ll see what happens when I get in the kitchen.

Anyone else have plans to whittle down their vittles?

• Like 24