Experienced cruiser planning first cruise on RCCL. Where to find what's included.

gometros

We're experienced cruisers, mostly on DCL (20 cruises). In researching RCCL, I couldn't find anything on the site that says what's included and what isn't. On Disney most everything is included, except alcohol and specialty drinks, excursions, internet, and the upcharged, adult only restaurants.  I know dining is very different on RCCL. Where can I find what is included in your cruise fare. We're looking at a junior suite on the Harmony of the Seas or the Odyssey of the Seas. Thank you.

No soda like on DCL, just tea, coffee, water, lemonade, iced tea and some of the flavor waters at different buffets. 

There is usually a large amount of complementary food items on Oasis class ships, but there is also a large amount of specialty restaurants. (Steak house, Sushi/Hibachi grill, Italian, etc)

Tips are not included and will be added in, excursions are extra, internet is extra, you can get a soda package, (usually 8.99 pp/per day), drink packages tend to be 60.00 per day per person.

All entertainment is included.

If you are not a drinker, or a soda person, and you can get by without internet. You can have a fine vacation for the booking price + auto gratuities and tax/port fees.

• Like 2

Your cruise fare will include food at various complimentary restaurants - Main Dining room, Windjammer (buffet), Solarium bistro for breakfast, lunch, dinner, possibly breakfast at Johnny Rockets (depending on which ship), Sorrento's pizza and other items, Parks Cafe with sandwiches and desert/treats.

All shows, live music, etc are free

Gyms are free

Odyssey has free bumper cars, North Star, I-Fly

There are different perks for Junior Suites depending on which ship.

Junior Suites are allowed diner in Coastal Kitchen, suggest making reservations as soon as you board

Tips for suites is $17.50 per day / pp

any cabin type below suite is $14.50 pd/pp

Like most cruise lines you can buy specialty dining packages, drink packages, internet packages, excursions in cruise planner online after you book or you can buy onboard.    Usually cheaper to buy online pre-cruise.

• Like 1

I’m also a mostly-Disney cruiser.  I did find this page that shows some of the amenities of the suites (this applies is across the fleet). A JS will be in the Sea Class.  VOOM is their internet.  Coastal Kitchen is an exclusive dining room for suite guests - and at times, very-high loyalty guests.

(I am sailing Odyssey in a few weeks, let me know if there’s anything you would like to have researched).

F75B3DAE-4563-4D4A-8EFB-97B323AE2763.thumb.jpeg.cc90259ba224d61002859007ddc71a92.jpeg

• Thanks 1

If your trip includes Perfect Day at CocoCay, food on the island, loungers and umbrellas are included. As is the big swimming pool. The water park area is add-on. For my cruise, it is offered for $109 ($92 if bought pre-Cruise) per person.  The price is not static; it is tied to the specific sailing.

And reservations for activities are charged to your credit card when booked, not once you do them, as on Disney.

The pier at CocoCay can handle two ships; it looks like the island can have a lot of people.

On 2/14/2022 at 8:50 PM, alohayall said:

If your trip includes Perfect Day at CocoCay, food on the island, loungers and umbrellas are included. As is the big swimming pool. The water park area is add-on. For my cruise, it is offered for $109 ($92 if bought pre-Cruise) per person.  The price is not static; it is tied to the specific sailing.

And reservations for activities are charged to your credit card when booked, not once you do them, as on Disney.

The pier at CocoCay can handle two ships; it looks like the island can have a lot of people.

Thanks for that. The cruised we're looking at will stop at Labadee, not CocoBay.

1 hour ago, gometros said:

Thanks for that. The cruised we're looking at will stop at Labadee, not CocoBay.

Labadee also has free food, free beach loungers, and if you get a drink package, it will work there.  One thing to note… while they have a shop in a barn like thing, there is also a separate market area.  They are VERY aggressive/pushy there, and after doing it once, we will never visit it again.  

3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

One thing to note… while they have a shop in a barn like thing, there is also a separate market area.  They are VERY aggressive/pushy there, and after doing it once, we will never visit it again.  

You are being kind.  They put the hucksters in Tijuana to shame. 

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2022 at 4:56 PM, alohayall said:

I’m also a mostly-Disney cruiser.  I did find this page that shows some of the amenities of the suites (this applies is across the fleet). A JS will be in the Sea Class.  VOOM is their internet.  Coastal Kitchen is an exclusive dining room for suite guests - and at times, very-high loyalty guests.

(I am sailing Odyssey in a few weeks, let me know if there’s anything you would like to have researched).

F75B3DAE-4563-4D4A-8EFB-97B323AE2763.thumb.jpeg.cc90259ba224d61002859007ddc71a92.jpeg

This is not across the fleet. Only the newer larger ships have the Sea/Sky/Star classes.

The older ships have cabins, JR Suites and Full Suites (Grand/Owner/Royal).  What you get for being a suite is less.  There is no Coastal Kitchen, no free internet, no Genies.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SRF said:

This is not across the fleet. Only the newer larger ships have the Sea/Sky/Star classes.

The older ships have cabins, JR Suites and Full Suites (Grand/Owner/Royal).  What you get for being a suite is less.  There is no Coastal Kitchen, no free internet, no Genies.

Thanks for the heads up.  Would the Sea/ Sky/ Star classes info be applicable to the Harmony or Odyssey ships, in which the OP is interested.  (But people are known to start looking and end up somewhere else).  Disney only has four ships, so most of attributes are similar across the fleet - or else applicable to one of two sister- ship pairs.

Thanks for all the replies. We ended up going with the Harmony of the Seas and the good news is friends of ours are joining us and they're experienced RCCL cruisers. So aside what we can gain from following this forum, we have their experience to lean on as well. 

• Like 1