Misled by Royal Caribbean

Hazeljtwo

10 hours ago, kw1816 said:

Errr.. You can and we have - summer last year sailing on the Anthem, quick chat with RC using the online chat function saved us nearly £600 on a JS.

UK bookings were under the ‘cruise with confidence’ programme then. Still are, I think and we can price match on sailings until the end of May or something like that.

it will be back to normal then with no price matching for UK bookings then unless they extend it.

• Thanks 1

Hi all

thanks for your comment and advice. 
I’m definitely a real person, just a mum who has saved up for 3 years for my holiday! No not in use so I too am surprised by all the views, I’ve got 3 cabins not one. 

I think the thing I’m more annoyed about is - I wouldn’t have upgraded if I knew that the OBC would be taken away amd feel I should have been informed and then I would have made a different decision and stayed with my original rooms. 
You live and learn the hard way 

• Like 1

I hope this entire experience - the loss of the OBV, confusion about what you are being sold, and the reactions you have received here - don’t sour your vacation experience.

You may have been dumped on because people come on the forum and then disappear after stirring up a hornets’ nest. An inflammatory statement instead of a question is a red flag.

It would have been nice if someone could have given you a tidbit of help to correct your scenario.  But there really didn’t seem anything you could do to fix the loss of OBC, it seems - there was nothing they could share.

However, you are really just a victim of inexperience and booking rules.

People use travel agents to avoid these (costly) annoyances, as they are more versed in snafus. In the US, the traveler does not pay for their services - their payment comes from the cruise line.

If you sail again and wish to do your own booking, you are less like to have a room assignment surprise if you do a bunch of research ahead. Deck plans and cabin reviews (including videos) can let you know what you are actually booking. I book for myself online, with a bunch of notes - especially if I end up having to call.

Hope you can shake it off and enjoy your family vacation.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hazeljtwo said:

Hi all

thanks for your comment and advice. 
I’m definitely a real person, just a mum who has saved up for 3 years for my holiday! No not in use so I too am surprised by all the views, I’ve got 3 cabins not one. 

I think the thing I’m more annoyed about is - I wouldn’t have upgraded if I knew that the OBC would be taken away amd feel I should have been informed and then I would have made a different decision and stayed with my original rooms. 
You live and learn the hard way 

That makes a lot more sense now.  

Often there is extra OBC offered for the less desirable neighborhood balconies just like there is even more OBC offered for interior cabins with no balcony or window.

The other way to look at this - had you booked an Ocean View balcony it's likely the OBC would not have been what you received so it would not have been lost if you never had it when booking an Ocean View balcony.

It can be very confusing when searching the internet and perhaps also looking at travel agent websites or youtube videos and it is easy to blur and confuse what each type of cabin comes with.  

Nonetheless you now have the cabins you desire and you can now move forward and begin to enjoy planning your cruise.

On 2/15/2022 at 7:04 PM, twangster said:

Party of six in a balcony cabin?  Wow.

I was more wow on the 12,000 GBP.  That is a lot for a single non-ocean view cabin.  I could see a suite maybe.  Don’t know any of those that are not ocean view.  🤪😂